Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #121
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
It’s not that meaningful but I would imagine the situation is much worse for NFL season ticket holders when their city hosts a Super Bowl.
When the super bowl was in Arizona last you had to be a season ticket holder the season prior to guarantee your seat. I almost bought season tickets in their upper bowl for $400 a season to get to the game. The CFL is not the NFL though.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #122
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I called the Stamps on this 1 vs 2 year renewal and not being guaranteed the same seats for the Grey Cup. According to the rep I talked to ticket prices for the Grey Cup are being set right now and should be very similar to Edmonton. The first tranche of Grey Cup tickets being offered will be in January to both the 2019 AND 2019-20 season ticket holders. But...the 2020 season holders will be GUARANTEED their seats. Those that only renewed for 2019 will be guaranteed seats, but possibly not where they have their seasons.

If someone else can confirm, that 'd be awesome. I'm not going to give up my seats at all because of it, but just feels shady.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #123
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
When the super bowl was in Arizona last you had to be a season ticket holder the season prior to guarantee your seat. I almost bought season tickets in their upper bowl for $400 a season to get to the game. The CFL is not the NFL though.
A lot of NFL teams sell out the stadium with season tickets as far as I know. So I’m a little surprised that you could theoretically have a Super Bowl where all tickets are spoken for by the host team’s fans?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #124
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post
So I called the Stamps on this 1 vs 2 year renewal and not being guaranteed the same seats for the Grey Cup. According to the rep I talked to ticket prices for the Grey Cup are being set right now and should be very similar to Edmonton. The first tranche of Grey Cup tickets being offered will be in January to both the 2019 AND 2019-20 season ticket holders. But...the 2020 season holders will be GUARANTEED their seats. Those that only renewed for 2019 will be guaranteed seats, but possibly not where they have their seasons.

If someone else can confirm, that 'd be awesome. I'm not going to give up my seats at all because of it, but just feels shady.
i renewed for 2 years as i plan to be there for a while anyways but it does come across a little shady. the 20 month plan is is good though
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #125
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESRULE View Post

If you're not getting your seats guaranteed I wouldn't bother. GC tickets are wildly overpriced. Even if the Stamps are in next year's GC, I would bet getting a ticket for FV or below would be doable.

Why pay full price only to get allocated endzone seats? Just buy them direct or on the secondary market and choose your own seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
A lot of NFL teams sell out the stadium with season tickets as far as I know. So I’m a little surprised that you could theoretically have a Super Bowl where all tickets are spoken for by the host team’s fans?
I would be shocked if any NFL team had their entire stadium as ST eligible. Most teams cap the number for various reasons including the fact that they want at least some tickets available for game by game purchase. It keeps non STH happy and allows for extra revenue because single game tickets command a much higher price than ST do.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #126
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
i renewed for 2 years as i plan to be there for a while anyways but it does come across a little shady. the 20 month plan is is good though
Is the 20 month plan interest free? I tried to figure out on the MyStamps page and it kept wanting me to continue through the process without ever giving me information so I abandoned it.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #127
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Can confirm reports Mike Reilly did workout with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Sources say the workout went well. Also hearing Reilly has no other workouts planned at this point #CFL #Eskimos

— Matthew Scianitti (@TSNScianitti)
Old 12-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #128
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post

I would be shocked if any NFL team had their entire stadium as ST eligible. Most teams cap the number for various reasons including the fact that they want at least some tickets available for game by game purchase. It keeps non STH happy and allows for extra revenue because single game tickets command a much higher price than ST do.
The Falcons haven’t sold single game tickets for two years in a row now. I don’t know about other teams but agree that’s likely the exception. Still, I believe single game tickets are quite limited for some teams.

I’m still finding it hard to believe that season tickets get you a SB ticket. My only first hand experience is that our firm had our suite commandeered by the NFL for the Super Bowl and we were given options to buy a few regular tickets. Not an equal number. We had the suite lease for a number of years.

But the Super Bowl has grown into a spectacle beyond the game and as much as the Grey Cup is a national party, the SB is another level. The city just changes for an entire week. More comparable to the Olympics being in town IMO.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #129
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
Is the 20 month plan interest free? I tried to figure out on the MyStamps page and it kept wanting me to continue through the process without ever giving me information so I abandoned it.
I believe it is interest free. The totals are the same (just doubled) for the 2yr vs 1yr plan. You can continue through to look at the payment schedule, just click the little plus sign, without putting any info in.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #130
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ryan Dinwiddie turned down the Argos OC job offer and is remaining with the Stamps as QB coach.

http://www.3downnation.com/2018/12/1...y-with-stamps/
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #131
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@TSNDaveNaylor:
Hearing the Jacksonville Jaguars worked-out @calstampeders QB Bo Levi Mitchell today. That’s 2 CFL QB’s in 2 Days. Believed to be 3rd of 6 NFL workouts Mitchell has scheduled this Month. #CFL #NFL

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #132
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jags have worked out both Mitchell and Reilly in the past few days. They are probably going to cut Bortles and absorb a $16.5 million dead cap hit which will severely limit their opportunities to pay a decent QB in free agency. Even below average guys like Keenum are getting $25 million guaranteed so maybe Reilly or Bo would be cheap insurance if they decide to draft a QB. It's intriguing with Reilly especially as he's got an NFL arm and if a team is looking short term he could be at least as good as Bortles and maybe better. I think Mitchell for sure is going to be signed by one of the many teams he works out for but for Reilly this would be probably his last chance to get back into the NFL.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-15-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #133
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vikings worked out Alex Singleton this past Friday and today it was the Cardinals turn.

http://www.3downnation.com/2018/12/1...lex-singleton/
Old 12-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #134
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what I understand, NFL teams conduct workouts every single week so I’m not reading too much into any of the workouts until someone actually gets signed.

There are a lot of football players out there.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #135
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

None of these players can be signed until the NFL season is over I believe.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 AM   #136
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Drew Tate is joining Devone Claybrooks' coaching staff in BC as QB coach.

http://www.3downnation.com/2018/12/1...oaching-staff/
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #137
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post

BC's going to be good. I have a lot of respect for Claybrooks, he looks to have built a staff of coaches that understand what it takes to create a winning culture.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #138
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post

Good to see Tate continue on in the CFL.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #139
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Nik Lewis and Drew Tate both enter the coaching ranks under Claybrooks. The Hufnagel coaching tree continues to grow...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #140
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Riley made a big play in the Grey Cup game with his special teams tackle and forced fumble on Diontae Spencer.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1075095904414257153