Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-29-2021, 12:59 PM   #781
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I always thought it made too much sense for the 17th game to be a neutral site game, either in London or Toronto or Mexico City or wherever. This way no one loses a home game anymore, and maybe we can send some non-POS games to London instead of the Jags nonstop.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The League has been trying to get more games in London, so now you can pretty much be there for 12 weeks if you want teams to have a bye after, more if they decide to extend the bye week cycle. Likewise for Toronto, Mexico city etc.. This way teams are not losing that home date, and they can regularly get games in Markets that they want money from, but can't necessarily get a team in.

They can try and trick cities like Oaklan, San Diego and St.Louis into building new Football stadiums to attract a team and still promise them games now that they don't have the LA threat to leverage anymore.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #782
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The League has been trying to get more games in London, so now you can pretty much be there for 12 weeks if you want teams to have a bye after, more if they decide to extend the bye week cycle. Likewise for Toronto, Mexico city etc.. This way teams are not losing that home date, and they can regularly get games in Markets that they want money from, but can't necessarily get a team in.

They can try and trick cities like Oaklan, San Diego and St.Louis into building new Football stadiums to attract a team and still promise them games now that they don't have the LA threat to leverage anymore.
This is savvy. I was wondering why they wouldn't just go to 18 games instead to fix the imbalance, but leveraging non-NFL team markets makes a lot of sense by making neutral site games a weekly occurrence.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #783
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
The Mac Jones talk is just to have something to talk about because we're in dead season between FA and the draft. There is no way in hell the 49ers gave up three premium picks for a guy who they might have been able to draft at the spot they originally had. That would make the Trubisky trade up one of the great trades ever in comparison.
Zero chance they will draft Jones at 3. They would trade down and still be able to draft him. Shanahan and Lynch like to play games with the media and seeing who they have talked about and who they have not I am betting they draft Lance at 3.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #784
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

I think they are looking at Fields myself.

Speaking of which

Quote:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
4m
Only 1st-Round QB to run a faster 40 time at the Combine since 2006 than Justin Fields’ unofficial 4.44 today was Robert Griffin III, who ran a 4.41 at the 2012 Combine.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #785
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

Speaking of which
I can see that as well. I think it will be either Fields or Lance unless the Jets pass on Wilson or the Niners can trade up from 3 to 2.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #786
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm starting to lean towards them picking Lance. Has a Mahomes type vibe about the whole thing (not saying he'll be a Mahomes). Tons of arm talent and will need a year behind a vet QB. Would make sense with them keeping Jimmy G at the moment.

Plus, Ohio State QB's don't really have a strong track record of succeeding in the NFL , so that's a point against Fields lol.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #787
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

and boom, watch how Fields will now be a much better player in the eyes of many, after running that 40 time. Good for him and his draft stock I guess.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #788
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

For sure Lance is a really intriguing guy.

His ability to throw footballs may be unequalled.

So might his lack of actual game action.

1 start in the last 2 years.

Yet

(courtesy Kiper)

17 starts in college...and never lost.

He had 42 total touchdowns (28 passing) and zero interceptions in 2019 for the FCS champs. He threw for 2,786 yards and ran for another 1,100.

The other thing to note: Lance was born in 2000 -- he's going to be 20 when he gets drafted in April. He's not a finished product by any means.

Then you have to consider he did all that against lesser competition in non-FBS opponents.

A real enigma and if you are a GM, Im not sure how to decide whether he is worth risking your high 1st round pick on (or not) when its your turn.

If you are drafting high, you most likely have other glaring holes to fill with much more safe/sure players available.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:27 AM   #789
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

that's why this draft is so enticing. Lance is just one of many who didn't (or just barely) play this year ... it'll be fascinating to see how teams evaluate these players. I imagine their boards might be a lot more different from mocks this year and I can't wait to see it unfold.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:57 AM   #790
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not that I'm saying Dwayne Haskins would have been a HOFer if he sat for a whole year, but he was always viewed as a high upside project more than a ready made guy. Maybe if he got to sit a full year it ends differently for him. Now he will get to sit for at least a year, maybe he turns it around or maybe he sucks as bad as he appeared to. So for Lance, and to a lesser degree Wilson and Fields, going somewhere where they can learn will probably be better for them long-term. It's why I don't think the 49ers are smokescreening with keeping Garoppolo. I think unless they get a high value pick for him, he stays.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #791
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Not a neutral site - Browns 17th game is an extra home game vs. AZ.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news..._ia5TzzV1c4Hbk

Quote:
The AFC was determined to be the home conference for the 17th game in 2021.
I guess it is ok if all the teams in the conference have the same deal.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:59 PM   #792
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/fi...not-in-lawsuit

Starting to think we may have seen Watson play his last down in the NFL
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #793
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

Speaking of which
My guess is Fields as well because like has been said above Lance is more of a project, everyone seems to think he sits a year

The 49ers are in a championship window now, and I think this trade is showing they dont think Jimmy G is good enough
Old 03-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #794
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/29/fi...not-in-lawsuit

Starting to think we may have seen Watson play his last down in the NFL
Lol. Anyway since he'll never get jail, he'll take his suspension and keep on trucking. Precedent has been set with Ben (and many others), and as we know this is the NFL, unless he's in jail many teams will still be interested. Franchise QBs are still the rarest of commodities. He'll find Jesus like Ben and it'll all be forgotten when he leads New England to their next dynasty.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:21 PM   #795
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
My guess is Fields as well because like has been said above Lance is more of a project, everyone seems to think he sits a year

The 49ers are in a championship window now, and I think this trade is showing they dont think Jimmy G is good enough
They have stated Jimmy is their QB for next year so they are not looking to have a guy who can come in next year and start.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:27 PM   #796
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
They have stated Jimmy is their QB for next year so they are not looking to have a guy who can come in next year and start.
Well of course they are going to say that, if they said he's going to be dealt they'd get conditional 7th round pick offers. Gotta at least keep up apperances.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #797
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So looks like nothing criminal for Deshaun. Six game suspension incoming, but I imagine there will still be a lot of interest in a trade.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1377079091950718976
Old 03-30-2021, 08:40 PM   #798
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

What a gong show. That lawyer is on some trump speak and can’t be trusted in the least. If anything his style and way this was approached is what hurts the case not helps it.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:56 PM   #799
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Didn't the lawyer originally claim they had already talked to HPD? Then HPD responded saying they had not been contacted so he backpedaled to "we are going to contact them". Now it's "they totally can't be trusted cause the other lawyers son is a cop".

Accusations aside, this lawyer seems all kinds of greasy. Saul Goodman would be proud.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #800
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
And the cardinals put out a whole thing about Josh being their guy then started kyler murray