Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2021, 10:50 AM   #181
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
What if it’s for the husband?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #182
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
What if it’s for the husband?
Well like my uncle who was in the Royal Navy used to say "Any port in a storm".

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #183
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
I was walking the dog yesterday when I had a 'am I the a-hole?' thought.

People that put a sign on their front lawn requesting that your dog doesn't do his business there... Really?!?! As long as the dog owner picks it up, I think any front lawn would be free rein.

Thoughts?

(for the record, my dog did not have to 'go' at this particular moment)
I find it beyond foul when some a-hole lets their dog #### or piss on my lawn. First of all, you can't pick up piss, so yeah, that's sick. In the literal exact same way you'd be grossed out if I whipped out my schlong and pissed on your grass. It's disgusting...you're probably just desensitized to how awful that is.

As for crap...yeah, I get you'll probably pick it up, but their are going to be poo particles left on my property and that's disgusting, too.

Put your dog in a diaper.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #184
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

People that put a sign on their front lawn requesting that your dog doesn't do his business there... Really?!?! As long as the dog owner picks it up, I think any front lawn would be free rein.

Thoughts?

Dog owners do not always pick it up. The dogs also kill whatever they piss on. Some people like to have nice yards, and don't want other people giving them more work to do. I had to pick dog #### out of my wife's garden last spring. So I don't blame someone for putting a sign out. So no, it isn't free reign. If someone doesn't want your dog doing their business on their property, you should respect that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #185
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Thoughts?

The issue isn't the poop unless of course it isn't picked up, it's the pee....it kills lawn as you should know as a dog owner. So I totally understand why someone would have an issue with it.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #186
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In the literal exact same way you'd be grossed out if I whipped out my schlong and pissed on your grass. It's disgusting...you're probably just desensitized to how awful that is.
Go on...
Old 11-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #187
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I find it beyond foul when some a-hole lets their dog #### or piss on my lawn. First of all, you can't pick up piss, so yeah, that's sick. In the literal exact same way you'd be grossed out if I whipped out my schlong and pissed on your grass. It's disgusting...you're probably just desensitized to how awful that is.

As for crap...yeah, I get you'll probably pick it up, but their are going to be poo particles left on my property and that's disgusting, too.

Put your dog in a diaper.
You never disappoint!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #188
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Thoughts?

Since dogs like to mark things, I wonder if those signs sometimes backfire.

Some people love their lawns, so it's totally reasonable they don't want dog piss killing them.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:34 AM   #189
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
The issue isn't the poop unless of course it isn't picked up, it's the pee....it kills lawn as you should know as a dog owner. So I totally understand why someone would have an issue with it.
I could be wrong but I think it's only the females that kills grass.

As for Sliver...what do you do about wildlife? Do you have a rabbit proof fence and a scarecrow? What are you so concerned about? Do you roll around naked on your lawn and get dog pee all over you? I hate to break it to you but the dirt that helps grow grass and a lot of food is partly made of poo. Do you make houseguests wear a diaper in case they get "poo particles" in the air when they dump?
Old 11-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #190
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
I could be wrong but I think it's only the females that kills grass.

As for Sliver...what do you do about wildlife? Do you have a rabbit proof fence and a scarecrow? What are you so concerned about? Do you roll around naked on your lawn and get dog pee all over you? I hate to break it to you but the dirt that helps grow grass and a lot of food is partly made of poo. Do you make houseguests wear a diaper in case they get "poo particles" in the air when they dump?
Well, first of all, I prefer guests do their dumping at home. I don't go to people's houses and take big giant craps because I'm not an animal. But in the event they do take a dump, I assume it will be into the toilet and I have exhaust fans to take care of the airborne particles, so it's as under control/mitigated as it can be.

As it happens, I don't like wildlife. I wish we could cull all the predators, for one thing, but I understand why we won't. Really, if a deer dumps on my lawn there isn't anything anybody can do about it so it just is what it is and doesn't get under my skin. Some a-hole walking their dog and letting it defecate on my property? That's a singular person's fault and it didn't need to happen, so that's the difference and it's why it makes the dog walker an a-hole.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 11:57 AM   #191
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Couple weeks back had a dog walker pause and let their dog take a pee on my lawn. For whatever reason I was in the front porch area doing yard work. So I called them out and asked politely for them to please not do that. They had the balls to respond WELL YOU DON’t HAVE A NO PEE SIGN. To which I replied: Well, ahem, I actually do… just 1meter over from you where the FORMER shrub used to be before all the p*sing dogs reduced it to a warped stump, again. The guy was confused and still tried to justify it was ok. I’m thinking WTF!!

Can’t stop some owners.

And yeah, every spring reveals a few land mines that I need to pick up.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:01 PM   #192
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

All dogs burn grass, its the nitrogen in their piss.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:03 PM   #193
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

Thoughts?

Free reign? Is this not against bylaw in Calgary? You can’t let your animals on people’s property where I live. Is that an insane idea? Doesn’t stop the idiots though as I see it all the time.

Edit: I skimmed it and it doesn’t look like it’s against bylaw. Which is crazy to me. Signed: dog owner and lover who doesn’t let my dog onto people’s property because I’m not an #######.

“People’s front yards should be free reign”… insane.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 11-30-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #194
Knut

Exp:

One the issues now is that way to many people got dogs during the pandemic. There are way more out than normal.

Personally, I do not care about dog piss on the yard as long as it is contained to near the sidewalk.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:13 PM   #195
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Yet another reason why these useless suburbs and waste of resources lawns need to die. I’m with jaydorn we should raze the suburbs to create walkability.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2021, 12:14 PM   #196
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
All dogs burn grass, its the nitrogen in their piss.
Yep. The difference is that females squat and it's more of a concentrated stream leaving that circle of dead grass. Most male dogs lift their leg and spray which disperses the urine in a broad, less concentrated pattern.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #197
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Sorry, what’s the embarrassing part of essential oils? Don’t tons of naturopathic type people use these in a sort of humidifier type machine?

Or are they specifically labelled sex oils or something? In which case, I’ve been wildly misled about the purpose and use of peppermint and eucalyptus.

Edit: oh ####, I completely missed the vibrator part. Hahahahaha. Nm.
There are very few essential Oils; most of them are replacement level. That's what is really embarrassing about essential oils. They are no good.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #198
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can we get back to discussing pleasing the cat instead of relieving the dog?

You should take the packages over to their house, introduce yourself and hand them to the one who seems the most uptight.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #199
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What's worse is the cat owners that let their cats out all night to hunt. They kill birds, rabbits, pee and poop in peoples' gardens. Nothing a pellet gun wouldn't solve but some may frown on that.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #200
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Yes, "some" may frown on your suggestion that their pets be murdered, much as they do people who poison dogs because they bark all night.

As for the peeing on my lawn thing, it only annoys me because 3 feet away on the other side of the sidewalk by the road is a big grassy area with a tree that's all owned by the city. You still need to pick up your dog's crap but if he's going to pee, just... there, please. It's not a big inconvenience to have him take three steps.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"what am i?"