Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #61
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsBack View Post
The problem is we are using that label "racist" way to liberally. I have no idea what he said, or do I really care - the problem is, all this "trash talking" that's going on in the game, and that we (may) consider good... obviously there are many lines that people are getting close to and dare I say - passing. A line that wasn't passed today, could be considered passed in the future... and can even be judged in the future... so I don't judge others. Also.... if someone calls me a name during a game, I suck it up, I don't report it to the officials (of any sort).

If I think about what I said to other players when I was younger.... those same comments today would be consider improper and I have no bad feelings one way or another about any of those groups that may be offended (today)... just and example.... "you play like a girl".... and I respect women in all aspects of my life... back then and today. Just like if a guy said something about my belief, background, racial makeup, etc. - BIG DEAL.... I'm a big boy (is that bad to say) and I just choose NOT to be a VICTIM and let that just slide off my back.... I'd even have a drink with the individual after the game... and have.

So.... I have no idea if Manning just said something in the heat of the moment and his trash talking just went too far, and he really doesn't believe it... or if he really believes it, has a history of thinking that way and acts on it - aka: a racist. We all live in glasses houses... so don't throw stones.
This is one of the stranger posts I've ever read on this site.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #62
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
This is one of the stranger posts I've ever read on this site.
True.

I couldn’t finish it, I checked out once it started to read like Homer’s drunk postcard to Marge. “They got these big chewy pretzels... $5... get outta here...”
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:52 PM   #63
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hope Imama beats the living #### out of Manning the next time they play each other.

5 games is shockingly lenient.
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:25 PM   #64
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

He’s not a racist he just says racist things
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote