Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2022, 08:29 AM   #81
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
Have you ever sought treatment for your Mysophobia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
What does asbestos have to do with dogs?
Quote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysophobia

Or did a joke go over my head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
It wasn’t a very good one anyway.
Well, you did asbestos you could
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 08:34 AM   #82
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
A couple weeks ago you said you saw a waitress pet a dog on a patio, and then later serve plates of food to people on the patio. You were so disgusted you got up and left. Did everyone else on the patio get up and leave? Has anyone else ever left a Calgary patio in disgust because they saw a waitress pet a dog? I doubt it.

Haha! I was thinking of that comment the other weekend in Banff. We were heading to dinner (dogs we’re back at the trailer) and we passed by the patios around Maple Leaf lounge. There was a Baby shrieking like a Nazgűl at one table, and a dog laying quietly at another, and I could picture Sliver ignoring the baby and saying “that fkn dog has got to go!”

Like I said, it’s funny how we get conditioned to make certain things acceptable.
Brendone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #83
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Haha! I was thinking of that comment the other weekend in Banff. We were heading to dinner (dogs we’re back at the trailer) and we passed by the patios around Maple Leaf lounge. There was a Baby shrieking like a Nazgűl at one table, and a dog laying quietly at another, and I could picture Sliver ignoring the baby and saying “that fkn dog has got to go!”

Like I said, it’s funny how we get conditioned to make certain things acceptable.
Not at all. The baby should be removed from the situation, too. Take it for a walk. Sit with it in your car to calm it down. People can be such tits.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 09:20 AM   #84
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Put the baby on the dogs back, smack the dog's bum and send them both on their way. Both problems solved. Babies are horrible people.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:24 AM   #85
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Not at all. The baby should be removed from the situation, too. Take it for a walk. Sit with it in your car to calm it down. People can be such tits.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:55 AM   #86
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did Sliver say him and his family all get naked and shower together?
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #87
Dynamic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I struggled for a year with the prospect of getting a cat. My main concern was cat hair everywhere and the litterbox stinking up my house. I finally broke down and me and the kiddos adopted our kitty over a year ago.

And after this year long experiment it was the right choice. One thing I managed quite well before the adoption is cleaning regularly. So essentially as long as I keep on on my weekly sweeps, biweekly sweep/n washes as well as all the other cleaning tasks there is no difference I can see at least on the eye test. Except the cat hair on my dining room chairs. I just notice when I sweep up is get this hairball thing caught in my broom. Everything else is just making sure you clean the litterbox daily and food n' water.

When people are talking about disgusting houses because of pets I think the blame is misplaced. These people are the kind that would have disgusting houses with no pets at all. They probably don't clean at any regular interval so adding pets into the equation makes things worse.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dynamic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #88
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Did Sliver say him and his family all get naked and shower together?
I think they shower separately and all strip down naked in the mud room was my understanding. When you return to the compound you must be washed clean of the outside world
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 10:35 AM   #89
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Dogs are dirty and gross, Cats are better pets and believe it or not overall smarter.

why cats are better than dogs

Are Dogs Smarter Than Cats? Science Has an Answer
A team of researchers counted the number of neurons in dog and cat brains and found one had twice as many as the other.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...ence-study-spd

Quote:
Dogs, it turns out, have about twice the number of neurons in their cerebral cortexes than what cats have, which suggests they could be about twice as intelligent.
https://www.newsweek.com/are-cats-sm...havior-1604083

Quote:
various studies have concluded that, overall, cats are not smarter than dogs.

Last edited by troutman; 07-03-2022 at 10:41 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 10:38 AM   #90
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It's clear that some on this forum have never owned or have come to appreciate the joys of having a dog on their lives.
That's not true. I've had close bonds with dogs which is why I think the whole idea of "ownership", cutting out their sex organs, and dragging the things around by ropes around their necks for our comfort is messed up.

Not to mention if you love animals, stopping to calculate how many other animals need to be killed every year to support the dogs and cats that we bond so closely with (yet choose bases almost totally by aesthetics).
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:42 AM   #91
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
That's not true. I've had close bonds with dogs which is why I think the whole idea of "ownership", cutting out their sex organs, and dragging the things around by ropes around their necks for our comfort is messed up.

Not to mention if you love animals, stopping to calculate how many other animals need to be killed every year to support the dogs and cats that we bond so closely with (yet choose bases almost totally by aesthetics).
So your preference is non-existence over no balls and a leash for walks. I suspect most dogs would choose existence.

If there are no dog owners dogs no longer exist.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #92
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
So your preference is non-existence over no balls and a leash for walks. I suspect most dogs would choose existence.

If there are no dog owners dogs no longer exist.
Ah, the old pro-life argument. I'd argue no unborn dogs will suffer if we stop breeding them.

If the world goes vegetarian should we shed a tear for all the cows that didn't get a shot at a brief life?
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #93
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was sitting in a condo lobby yesterday, and an off leash dog came up to me for pets and licked my knee.

As a large dog owner myself I was personally fine with it but I 100% agree that is terrible dog ownership and it shouldn't be assumed everyone else wants to meet your dog, or isn't afraid of dogs, allergic etc.
Elevators are a terrible place for this too, some dog owners just let their dog go up to everyone.

We are very careful to keep our dog back from people unless they ask to come pet her.
She's for our enjoyment, not to put onto others.

At the end of the day a certain % of people are morons, so a certain % of dog owners are morons.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #94
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not as fussed as Sliver, but I generally dislike dog people.

One family member has 3 dogs and they just own the home. They jump up and get their dirty feet on the couches (guess I will be standing the entire time). They bark at every little thing, every person who knocks on the door, for at least 5 minutes. They beg for food at the dinner table (of course they do because they know they will get fed by the owners who don't do anything to keep the dog away from me, so that means I have a dog in my crotch while I'm trying to eat dinner).

But worst of all is when they will touch the dogs when they are cooking. Like the dog will grab food from their hand, certainly getting drool on it, and they won't wash their hands. They don't even notice because they are just used to it.

Some will share things like hot dogs and continue eating it after they let the dog take a bite.

Am I taking crazy pills.

I hate going to that house.

Last edited by Ashasx; 07-03-2022 at 01:50 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 11:08 AM   #95
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

ever take a look at the bottom of your white socks after walking around a dog house for 5 minutes? Jesus christ
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #96
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
"I want my life to revolve around some little creature that cant even go to the bathroom on its own. Then dedicate all my leisure time to it, only for it to still end up massively neglected and nuerotic. Then after 10-15 years, it wiil die and i'll mostly forget about it 2 years later"
- Dog Owners
"There is a non-zero chance that my useless spawn will come back to live in my basement and leech off of me after I think I'm finally rid of them and I am 100% okay with that."
- Parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Are Dogs Smarter Than Cats? Science Has an Answer
A team of researchers counted the number of neurons in dog and cat brains and found one had twice as many as the other.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...ence-study-spd

https://www.newsweek.com/are-cats-sm...havior-1604083
Any cat owner knows that 'Big Feline' somehow managed to commission that study so we'll underestimate them as they take over our homes, lives, and force us to live under their rule... all the while thinking it was our idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
ever take a look at the bottom of your white socks after walking around a dog house for 5 minutes? Jesus christ
This is clearly a 'you' problem for wearing white socks in the first place.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #97
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post

Any cat owner knows that 'Big Feline' somehow managed to commission that study so we'll underestimate them as they take over our homes, lives, and force us to live under their rule... all the while thinking it was our idea.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 11:54 AM   #98
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Toxoplasmosis is exceedingly rare, and requires the cat be a carrier to begin with.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:37 PM   #99
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
If the world goes vegetarian should we shed a tear for all the cows that didn't get a shot at a brief life?
Depends. When we start eating vegans instead of cows, we might shed a tear if you don’t taste as good.
Brendone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:59 PM   #100
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I think they shower separately and all strip down naked in the mud room was my understanding. When you return to the compound you must be washed clean of the outside world
I doubt he’d let that dog hair and dander get tracked into the mudroom, and most definitely not the garage so this family de-robing must happen on the driveway.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote