Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2022, 12:06 PM   #641
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I got a weird one

Anyone that scrapes their debit or credit card across the face of a machine. It's contactless you Neanderthal. Don't have to scratch it up, just hover.

They could have gone with 'Hover' instead of 'Tap' but here we are. Tapper for life!
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 12:59 PM   #642
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Or people who think the chip is the 'tap' region and are basically waving the thing around backwards.
Just a second here...the chip is where you tap, isn't it?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 01:03 PM   #643
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

My observation is that the people who end up getting frustrated and passing on the the right have tried the following first:

1) Tailgate.
2) That was it - they gave up after tailgating.

People who pass on the right have tried absolutely none of the predictable driving behaviours before doing the jerk move. How about some high beam flashes or some horn honking. You guys just jump from tailgating to dangerous pass on the right. This is worse in places like Deerfoot where there’s no consideration anybody else in adjacent lanes.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:07 PM   #644
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

People who book all of the camping spots and don’t show. We went to Little Elbow and couldn’t and at the time there were only 2 spots available and it was for walk-in tenting. We get there on Wednesday. The place was dead and still pretty dead when we left today. People just booking stuff and no-showing is horrible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 01:17 PM   #645
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
My observation is that the people who end up getting frustrated and passing on the the right have tried the following first:

1) Tailgate.
2) That was it - they gave up after tailgating.

People who pass on the right have tried absolutely none of the predictable driving behaviours before doing the jerk move. How about some high beam flashes or some horn honking. You guys just jump from tailgating to dangerous pass on the right. This is worse in places like Deerfoot where there’s no consideration anybody else in adjacent lanes.
Deerfoot is an entirely different bag of pucks. Lots of #######s driving with no respect for other people. That said, folks who are driving below the speed limit are the cause for the most unpredictable traffic.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #646
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Deerfoot is an entirely different bag of pucks. Lots of #######s driving with no respect for other people. That said, folks who are driving below the speed limit are the causeprovocation for the most unpredictable traffic.
FYP. I think I'd be fine with ticketing both speeders and slowpokes (if they're the ones hindering traffic). For Deerfoot, if it's traffic congestion, that's just life. No need for any drivers to be dick about people going slow in the left, middle, right lanes during rush hour.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #647
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Safeway making everyone go inside to pay for gas now if you use a Safeway gas coupon instead of just entering the number on the pump. Plus I have to actually have a physical coupon now instead of asking my wife to text me a coupon number if I realize I have to fill up with gas and don't have one with me.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #648
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
FYP. I think I'd be fine with ticketing both speeders and slowpokes (if they're the ones hindering traffic). For Deerfoot, if it's traffic congestion, that's just life. No need for any drivers to be dick about people going slow in the left, middle, right lanes during rush hour.
It’s rush hour not dilly-dally hour.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:40 PM   #649
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't understand American obsession with "premium" fast food. I had heard about Shake Shack before and tried it for the first time today. It was a decent but average burger and a pretty good milkshake but two burgers without fries or sides, a milkshake and a lemonade was $30USD. That is ridiculously expensive but the place was packed the entire time.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:30 PM   #650
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Germany once again proves it is the superior place to drive. Um, that didn't come out right. Anyway...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1542544130529587202
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 06:05 PM   #651
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Why is passing on the right so dangerous? Does a driver lose all skill if he/she passes on the right?

Seriously I want to hear why it is so bad.

Think before you post. Personally I think I can pass people safely in either lane.

Give me some studies about why this is so bad.
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:42 PM   #652
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
Why is passing on the right so dangerous? Does a driver lose all skill if he/she passes on the right?

Seriously I want to hear why it is so bad.

Think before you post. Personally I think I can pass people safely in either lane.

Give me some studies about why this is so bad.
The right lane has all the on/off ramps, the shoulder of the road is there and there could be emergency vehicles, bikes, pulled over cars. Also, while you have good visibility while passing you are actually further from the drivers field of view.

It also means you are changing lanes an extra time which adds to the danger.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #653
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
People who book all of the camping spots and don’t show. We went to Little Elbow and couldn’t and at the time there were only 2 spots available and it was for walk-in tenting. We get there on Wednesday. The place was dead and still pretty dead when we left today. People just booking stuff and no-showing is horrible.
Holy cow, these people really piss me off. I know a guy who always makes reservations at multiple places for special occasions - Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc. And then he'll cancel all of them but the one he'll end up going to a day before, so that he has a choice.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #654
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Being able to use my phone to tap pay for things was basically the most minor game changer ever. I mean it barely changes anything and yet just FEELS far, far more convenient.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:08 PM   #655
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Holy cow, these people really piss me off. I know a guy who always makes reservations at multiple places for special occasions - Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, etc. And then he'll cancel all of them but the one he'll end up going to a day before, so that he has a choice.
Tell that guy to get ####ed.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 07:11 PM   #656
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I would be very happy if these people lost their privilege to reserve a campsite for 2 or 3 years if they ever get caught being a no-show or cancel at the last moment multiple times. It's not like they can't track it.

This is also why I wish we just had the Euro style camping with just wide open fields to put your tent wherever it can fit, no need to reserve or anything. Sort of like how the Waterton Parks townsite is, but no individual sites. We loved Iceland because of how flexible it was. We weren't stressing out about finding a spot on the weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2022, 07:43 PM   #657
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

It should be first come first serve with an online counter of occupied/open sites.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:11 PM   #658
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
Safeway making everyone go inside to pay for gas now if you use a Safeway gas coupon instead of just entering the number on the pump. Plus I have to actually have a physical coupon now instead of asking my wife to text me a coupon number if I realize I have to fill up with gas and don't have one with me.
Someone had figured out how the coupon numbers were generated on any given day and told all his friends, who told all their friends,…. And everyone got 30 cents off per litre every fill up. Someone I know saved $50.00 one day before the system crashed.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:37 PM   #659
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
Someone had figured out how the coupon numbers were generated on any given day and told all his friends, who told all their friends,…. And everyone got 30 cents off per litre every fill up. Someone I know saved $50.00 one day before the system crashed.
Foolish to tell anyone, thats how stuff gets shut down.

I had screenshot a McDonald's coupon from their app once that was especially useful for my ordering pattern (very discounted happy meals). It expired but they didn't remove the code from the system, and it worked for nearly 3 years. It finally stopped working when they actually brought it back during the pandemic and then did close it out when it expired again.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #660
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
You can also thank amp radio for that, they posted said “hack” a few days ago