https://twitter.com/user/status/1375477679122694147
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:23 AM   #3382
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
2 explanations for this. The boomtube technology was imprecise at the time. Darkseid had been to 100,000 planets but couldn't travel to one specific planet well. Or Darkseid had purposely suppressed knowledge of Earth, as losing was some great shame.

Makes about as much as sense as an all powerful being being obsessed with life replicating too much, and then destroying half of the life....a single time.....and then destroying the mechanism for destroying life....he does know that some species can create thousands of replicants of themselves in a single year? Seems like a lot of work to delay overpopulation by 20-30 years.

Thanos' plan would have been fine, except they used the destruction of the stones as a plot device in the second film, which makes his entire motivation in the first film make no sense.
Thanos destroying the stones is not quite as big a plot hole as you think, if you look at it this way.

He snaps away half of all living things, the people left over in all civilizations now see the planets repairing themselves, nature takes over, air is easier to breath in places like Beijing, Mumbai...the remaining people learn from our past ignorance and build a better more sustainable future.

This was his vision, you can see this by where he decides to retire to. His garden, beautiful nature and no one around to destroy it with greed and pollution.

He feels that future is the best for everyone and that he had succeeded in scaring the #### out of all the planets sentient beings into doing the right thing for survival. Another opportunity to do what is right for the planets in his eyes. Perhaps he only wanted to give life one "second chance", that's why he destroyed the stones.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #3383
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gunn seems to understand what Suicide Squad is, a little better than the last guy. Also, they better not introduce Slipknot and then immediately kill him, unless it's to explain that the last time was part of a brilliantly elaborate escape. Adam Beach should appear in every SS related property, but just for a moment. As Slipknot.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #3384
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Gunn seems to understand what Suicide Squad is, a little better than the last guy. Also, they better not introduce Slipknot and then immediately kill him, unless it's to explain that the last time was part of a brilliantly elaborate escape. Adam Beach should appear in every SS related property, but just for a moment. As Slipknot.
I think David Ayer was going for a more modern New 52 version of SS. Unfortunately WB panicked and butchered his version so we never got to see his version fully realized. He said his version didn't have any pop songs in it while the one we got was nothing but non stop pop songs and multiple character introductions.

Gunn is totally going for the 70s vibe and pulls it off well. I think it will be a massive hit with audiences and fans, can't wait to see what he does with no restraints. Never thought I'd see Starro brought to the big screen.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #3385
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Thanos destroying the stones is not quite as big a plot hole as you think, if you look at it this way.

He snaps away half of all living things, the people left over in all civilizations now see the planets repairing themselves, nature takes over, air is easier to breath in places like Beijing, Mumbai...the remaining people learn from our past ignorance and build a better more sustainable future.

This was his vision, you can see this by where he decides to retire to. His garden, beautiful nature and no one around to destroy it with greed and pollution.

He feels that future is the best for everyone and that he had succeeded in scaring the #### out of all the planets sentient beings into doing the right thing for survival. Another opportunity to do what is right for the planets in his eyes. Perhaps he only wanted to give life one "second chance", that's why he destroyed the stones.
Doesn't make sense. You would only be giving an opportunity for the species and people who don't respect sustainability to take over. If I assume a certain amount of people on any planet are going to control themselves and a certain amount are just going to consume and reproduce at the cost of all else, if I wipe out half, I've now wiped out half of the people into conservation, and the empty houses are just going to be taken over by whoever reproduces the most.

Thinking more about the Darkseid thing. Do we know that Darkseid forgot where Earth was? Steppenwolf was acting on his own in exile. It would make sense that Darkseid would want to keep the location of Earth secret from people like Steppenwolf, as Earth contained a very powerful weapon that could be used against him. So Steppenwolf's lack of knowledge is pretty meaningless.

They also mentioned a multiverse. If there are many versions of Earth it would make it harder to track. Especially if the planets themselves are all moving.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #3386
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
This should satisfy everyone........

That actually has me interested and optimistic, but then again I have enjoyed almost all of Gunn's movies, except for the Scooby Doo's.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #3387
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Doesn't make sense. You would only be giving an opportunity for the species and people who don't respect sustainability to take over. If I assume a certain amount of people on any planet are going to control themselves and a certain amount are just going to consume and reproduce at the cost of all else, if I wipe out half, I've now wiped out half of the people into conservation, and the empty houses are just going to be taken over by whoever reproduces the most.

Thinking more about the Darkseid thing. Do we know that Darkseid forgot where Earth was? Steppenwolf was acting on his own in exile. It would make sense that Darkseid would want to keep the location of Earth secret from people like Steppenwolf, as Earth contained a very powerful weapon that could be used against him. So Steppenwolf's lack of knowledge is pretty meaningless.

They also mentioned a multiverse. If there are many versions of Earth it would make it harder to track. Especially if the planets themselves are all moving.
Your explanation for Thanos is what could happen, what also could happen is what I described. Still makes sense.

As for your ZSJL take, Darkseid says “I have turned 10,000 worlds to dust looking for Anti-Life,Looking for those who robbed me of my glory. I will stride across their bones and bask in the glow of Anti-Life and all of existence shall be mine.”

So he didn't hide its location for himself. Perhaps its just that Darkseid...an all powerful villain that could be between 24 and 30 thousand years old forgot. But usually immortal, genius level intellectuals don't have memory problems.

The multiverse could offer an explanation, also the constant expansion of the universe could offer the explanation. However, if Darkseid learned about the Life equation from Martian Manhunter and devised that there has to be a anti-life equation this would probably stick pretty prominently in his mind as this is the only thing that drives Darkseid....
Old 03-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #3388
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
This should satisfy everyone........

Nice.

A DC movie that actually has my interest.

And just might not be totally terrible.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #3389
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Your explanation for Thanos is what could happen, what also could happen is what I described. Still makes sense.

As for your ZSJL take, Darkseid says “I have turned 10,000 worlds to dust looking for Anti-Life,Looking for those who robbed me of my glory. I will stride across their bones and bask in the glow of Anti-Life and all of existence shall be mine.”

So he didn't hide its location for himself. Perhaps its just that Darkseid...an all powerful villain that could be between 24 and 30 thousand years old forgot. But usually immortal, genius level intellectuals don't have memory problems.

The multiverse could offer an explanation, also the constant expansion of the universe could offer the explanation. However, if Darkseid learned about the Life equation from Martian Manhunter and devised that there has to be a anti-life equation this would probably stick pretty prominently in his mind as this is the only thing that drives Darkseid....
With Thanos, most life isn't even intelligent. So to expect life, generally, to learn a lesson and stop consuming resources, just isn't realistic in any way.

As for Darkseid, he used the motherboxes to track Earth. When he has to retreat hastily without them through a boomtube, he likely lost the ability to find Earth in the multiverse.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:47 AM   #3390
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
With Thanos, most life isn't even intelligent. So to expect life, generally, to learn a lesson and stop consuming resources, just isn't realistic in any way.
You realize we are arguing about what alien gods do in comic books right?

Quote:
As for Darkseid, he used the motherboxes to track Earth. When he has to retreat hastily without them through a boomtube, he likely lost the ability to find Earth in the multiverse.
Did he though? was this conveyed to the viewers in any way?

Also if this is true....soon as one Mother box was found shouldn't DeSaad and Darkseid known instantly that this was where the anti-life equation was??
Old 03-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #3391
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Did he though? was this conveyed to the viewers in any way?
Yes, it was specifically stated that Earth had gotten lost in the mix of universes and planets, and that they could not find it until the mother boxes called out. The mother boxes also had some kind of intelligence, and didn't call out until Superman was gone, and they felt the conditions for an invasion were better.

Quote:
You realize we are arguing about what alien gods do in comic books right?
I agree. I'm just pointing out your double standard. Thanos' methods made no sense, and were entirely just a plot device. At the end of the day, most superhero movies are not genuinely good films and do not hold up well to major scrutiny. This is why when people over analyze a movie like Aquaman, which is meant to be a big dumb series of action pieces, it gets bit ridiculous.

Last edited by blankall; 03-26-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:49 PM   #3392
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Has anyone else started watching Robert Kirkland's Invincible on Prime?

I watched the first episode last night, and thought it was pretty great.
Caught the first three episodes this morning. It's really interesting to see the changes made in the adaptation with regards to characters, pacing, and shuffling around plot points. I feel like it might work better with half hour episodes? But overall I think the good outweighs the bad so far. I feel like the second and third episodes improved upon the premiere.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #3393
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Unsurprisingly the whiney restore the Snyderverse babies have continued their toxic behaviour by review bombing WB's Godzilla vs. Kong:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...s-kong-a183567

One example from the article:
Quote:
"I'm never gonna support WB/DC films at any cost until they restore the SnyderVerse," reads one review. "Give us what we want! [Warner Bros.] listen to your audience for once and look at satisfaction over profit," another fan says on the site. Our favourite, however, might be: "Please, Zack Snyder is one of the best directors ever...Zack SnyderCut is a masterpiece" (we've tidied up the grammar a little).

Last edited by Since1984; 03-28-2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:43 PM   #3394
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Unsurprisingly the whiney restore the Snyderverse babies have continued their toxic behaviour by review bombing WB's Godzilla vs. Kong:

Snyder should do one more movie and make Batman gay. Just to really mess with the review bomber type fans.

Kidding of course. Under no circumstances should Snyder do another movie. Gay Batman I’m here for, though.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2021, 07:18 PM   #3395
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well. I enjoyed the Snyder cut. I only watched the 1st 10 minutes of the Whedon version, so I'm not sure about all the differences, but Just the look of Steppenwolf was enough to make it more interesting.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:42 PM   #3396
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Well. I enjoyed the Snyder cut. I only watched the 1st 10 minutes of the Whedon version, so I'm not sure about all the differences, but Just the look of Steppenwolf was enough to make it more interesting.
Oh. So...unlike us that live in this 'real world' and whatnot?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:42 AM   #3397
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There were only like 25 reviews from Snyder supporters which is such a small amount. Much less than the Star Wars fans that review bombed Last Jedi or the idiots that review bombed Cap. Marvel.

Also, those Snyderverse babies raised alot of money for suicide prevention but no one talks about that.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:45 AM   #3398
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I got through Justice League over the weekend and thought yet again it was quite awful. What am I missing here? It was not a good movie at all. Maybe it was an improvement, it was more coherent than the original, but Snyder had a lot more time to work with. The slow mo, musical score, and even the CGI were noticeably terrible throughout the movie (the constant chanting minstrels for Wonder Woman were laughable). I really wanted to like it as well. There was more for the characters I suppose, a little more backstory for each... but that's about it. Definitely not an enjoyable experience, guess I will stick to the Justice League cartoons and movies for now.

I do quite like Henry Cavill though, his portrayal as Superman/Clark wins me over. It's a shame that he may not get solo movies anymore, yet they are still doing solo Superman movies? I don't understand this concept. Why are they so eager to replace him with someone new? He's the best thing they have in the DCEU right now.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #3399
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There were only like 25 reviews from Snyder supporters which is such a small amount. Much less than the Star Wars fans that review bombed Last Jedi or the idiots that review bombed Cap. Marvel.

Also, those Snyderverse babies raised alot of money for suicide prevention but no one talks about that.
Moral of the story here is they are all idiots.

Any so called “fans” that review bomb things because they don’t agree with something or because they are racist/sexist is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
I do quite like Henry Cavill though, his portrayal as Superman/Clark wins me over. It's a shame that he may not get solo movies anymore, yet they are still doing solo Superman movies? I don't understand this concept. Why are they so eager to replace him with someone new? He's the best thing they have in the DCEU right now.
Yeah it feels like he was scapegoated a bit for the failure of these movies when he’s probably been the best part and I’ve liked him as both Clark and Superman
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #3400
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I finished it this weekend, the battle was better and the fact that they were willing to make the Justice League stone cold killers was a good decision.

Was it better then the Whedon version, absolutely it was, and the fact that they took more time with the stories of the hero's and even the villains was a big part of the improvement of that. However outside of Superman and Wonder Woman, and to a bit of an extent Batman, I really didn't find the charaters of Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash either likeable or all that interesting, they were set pieces.

In terms of actual film making and ZS, I get it was simply a re-edit, so the CGI looked unfinished, and video game like, and the slow motion and some of the effects were either in the too much level or just meh.

I have to wonder, if the ZS cut came out on streaming with a 30 dollar price tag like WW84 if people would have bothered to watch it, or even reviewed it as well as they did. Its easy to give a positive review for free stuff, not so much for something that costs.

I can understand why the studio is not willing to gamble on continuing the ZS universe, its too big of a risk for a multi hundred million dollar cost, and even now the reviews are somewhat mixed. Let it die out, wait a few years and reboot the whole thing.

I will say the worst part was the future preview with Joker and Batman, while the concept of a rage filled Superman that becomes the destroyer on man is really kind of intriguing. But that Joker Batman interaction was just awful.

I can see if this version of Suicide Squad fails (The trailer looks interesting, but the trailer for the first one was awesome). That the DC universe will be packed in a box and put on the shelf for a while.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote