Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-13-2020, 01:18 PM   #701
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Altuve and Bregman better armor up this year... home or away. Possibly to a lesser extent, the rest of the Astros hitters too.

They are going to see some serious chin music. I can't wait.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #702
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Astros are a joke but the bigger joke is that they still have their World Series title. Keeping their title won’t stop anyone from doing this in the future because they’d still be the winners.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #703
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a pathetic apology. I’d expect no more from such a deplorable franchise. Can’t wait to see the bean balls rain in on those losers. Strip that title.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamingred89 For This Useful Post:
JBR
Old 02-13-2020, 06:27 PM   #704
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
The Astros are a joke but the bigger joke is that they still have their World Series title. Keeping their title won’t stop anyone from doing this in the future because they’d still be the winners.
Absolutely, MLB baseball needed to strip the titles after their cheating directly led to them. There's no feelings to even save here so I'm not sure why they let them stand. Everyone knows they aren't real - The organizations, the players, the fans of the teams, every fan in MLB, media etc.

Just strip them, they're fake now anyways.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #705
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I actually am shocked at how pompous Jim Crane was. I love how old jimmy went back on his word once they opened it up to reporters.

Sid as excepted ripped him a new one. I can't wait to see how this ends this can't be over. It will be interesting when the buzzer scandal of 2019 comes out, through some media source, what happens to Manfred and friends who to this point covered it up.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #706
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Why throw at Altuve's head...He's wearing his cheat buzzer on his chest.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:01 PM   #707
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Lol
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:12 AM   #708
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

For Athletic subscribers this Trevor Bauer interview is unreal. Well worth the read.

https://theathletic.com/1609477/2020...on-his-answer/

Quote:
It pisses me off because all we want to do – everyone comes here to win, but we agree to play by a set of rules and we want to play fairly and compete and see are we better than you or not? So we all assume that’s what’s going on. When it’s not, it’s, “Hold on a second, why is it that I have to abide by the rules? That guy has to abide by the rules. That team has to abide by the rules but you guys think you are better than everyone and you don’t have to abide by the rules?” #### you. You know? That’s how I feel about their whole operation, especially, especially when you’re so outspoken against stuff. If you take a stand and you’re so firmly against stuff, you better ####ing make sure that you’re not doing the stuff that you’re talking about.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:35 AM   #709
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

MLB really blew it by not stripping the title. But it doesn't matter - because the title is meaningless now anyways. History will place that team alongside the Black Socks.
They will be held forth as examples of cheaters not as champions.
So I guess the formality of actually stripping the title matters little.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #710
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope the *'s; especially Altuve and Bregman, get booed relentlessly for each of their road games throughout the season. Really embarrass those players, and that organization.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #711
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Well now Carlos Correa is the latest Astro to lose any credibility they may have had left, which was already next to none. He defends Altuve saying he was one of the ones that didn't cheat, he did, says they didn't cheat in 2018, they did, doesn't understand why people question their World Series win, because you cheated.

It's incredible that these guys still act so entitled. They don't get that everything they have accomplished as a team has to be questioned now. They have no credibility. They laughed at others who accused them of stealing signs, they were cavalier in their non-apologies and now they want all of us to move on? Honestly #### this team. How can they even look in the camera and still be so defensive? They don't get how big a deal this is and how historically bad this is.

https://theathletic.com/1610301/2020...ir-2017-title/

Quote:
The problem I have is when players go out there and they don’t know the facts, they’re not informed about the situation and they just go out there and go on camera and just talk. With me, that doesn’t seem right. It doesn’t seem right at all. So when (Bellinger) talks about that we cheated for three years, he either doesn’t know how to read, is really bad at reading comprehension or is just not informed at all. The commissioner’s report clearly says that all those activities were conducted in 2017. 2018, nothing happened. 2019, nothing happened. It was just talented players playing the game of baseball with passion and winning ballgames.

Rosenthal: In 2018, it did say you guys did things.

Last edited by flames_fan_down_under; 02-15-2020 at 12:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 12:45 PM   #712
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t envy Dusty Baker who got thrown into this mess. But now he’s speaking out that the league needs to step in to protect his players from retribution. Cmon man. Those ###hats dug their own grave and now they have to answer for it. You can tell the Astro’s are trying to flip the script and play the victim. Even Verlander today was very woe is me. Dude your career was dead before joining the cheaters. Hows that 0-6 in the World Series treating you? Such a dreadful bunch of losers.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:26 PM   #713
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Baker's doing his job, and the last thing MLB needs is pitchers throwing at them. Because then they very much will be the victims. All the verbal sniping is great though... that is what keeps the Astros looking like the bad guys.

Also, Verlander is married to Kate Upton and they have enough money to literally re-enact Scrooge McDuck's swimming pool full of money. I doubt he's too worried about your disdain, lol.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:08 PM   #714
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I just clued in that Pillar signed with the Red Sox. I wish him luck, but not too much luck.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:00 PM   #715
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

MLB didn't strip the steroid cheaters of their individual records so they weren't going to do this for the Astros. Probably too much money changed hands in sports books around the world to do that anyway. And IDK if the Black Sox are a great comparable. They didn't cheat, they lost on purpose.

Crane is not a good guy. Sometimes the less you know about people the better. BTW the rumor that I have heard a couple of times is the reason Hinch destroyed the monitors was because they had gotten the pitch wrong. FWIW.

It's a shame. THe Astros were a great story in 2017 and many likable personalities on the team. Unfortunately the whole experience for the fans is tainted now, not to mention how fans and players from all over the league feel cheated. I am always amazed at how easy it for some people to lie and the Astros were good at it.

Regardless I will be cheering for the deplorable bad guys again this year. Should be interesting as hell. The team itself doesn't look as strong though.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:43 AM   #716
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I just clued in that Pillar signed with the Red Sox. I wish him luck, but not too much luck.
The more bad players on the Red Sox the better!
Old 02-16-2020, 01:46 AM   #717
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
MLB didn't strip the steroid cheaters of their individual records so they weren't going to do this for the Astros. Probably too much money changed hands in sports books around the world to do that anyway. And IDK if the Black Sox are a great comparable. They didn't cheat, they lost on purpose.

Crane is not a good guy. Sometimes the less you know about people the better. BTW the rumor that I have heard a couple of times is the reason Hinch destroyed the monitors was because they had gotten the pitch wrong. FWIW.

It's a shame. THe Astros were a great story in 2017 and many likable personalities on the team. Unfortunately the whole experience for the fans is tainted now, not to mention how fans and players from all over the league feel cheated. I am always amazed at how easy it for some people to lie and the Astros were good at it.

Regardless I will be cheering for the deplorable bad guys again this year. Should be interesting as hell. The team itself doesn't look as strong though.
Sorry can you elaborate on the bolded part please? You mean the guy making the banging sound was giving incorrect info?
Old 02-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #718
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Sorry can you elaborate on the bolded part please? You mean the guy making the banging sound was giving incorrect info?
Simply a rumor that in a couple of instances they got it wrong and that is what made Hinch so angry.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #719
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Astros pitcher Francis Martes suspended 162 games without pay after testing positive for Boldenone, a performance-enhancing drug. He was previously suspended for a similar violation last March.

Martes gets 162 suspension for taking something that theoretically can help you cheat

All other Astros players get a 0 game suspension for actually cheating. Perfect logic. lol

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:09 PM   #720
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

In other news, the over under for Asstros getting HBP is at 83.5.
Hammer the over there.

Angels play them opening day. The Angels should have 10 pitchers warmed up, some who've never played in the league since getting roughed up, and hit each Astro on their first pitch. They will each get tossed, then bring in the next guy.

So what,they'll be down 5-0 in the bottom of the first with bases loaded and no outs.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote