Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2022, 01:11 PM   #1041
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Werewolf by Night was decent. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those characters continue on.
Yeah I thought it made for a good family Halloween movie. Everyone in my house liked it. Just under an hour and while that seems short it's ideal as it doesn't overstay its welcome and leaves you wanting a little more.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:15 AM   #1042
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just watched Grimcutty and it wasn't what I expected at all. It says it's a horror movie but it wasn't really scary and felt like one of those movies a station will show on a Sunday night during Halloween.

Last edited by Inferno; 10-16-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:10 PM   #1043
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Do you guys find the sound to be quiet on Disney+?

I’m using just TV speakers. If I’m on DAZN or Netflix or Prime I can hear just fine, but if I change to Disney I need to turn it up like double sometimes triple.
I'm using the built in speakers with the TV too but I have to crank the volume for anything other than just cable TV. Disney, Prime, YouTube or watching a disc via the PS4 (our dvd/blu-ray player). I do have to crank Disney much higher than any of the other services/devices though.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:45 PM   #1044
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I really enjoyed She-Hulk up to the finale. The finale was... not for me? I'm a huge fan of some 4th wall breaking shenanigans and I am aware that something very similar to this happened with She-Hulk in the comics, but felt like this went on for a bit too long. I'd have liked to actually seen how the intellgencia dweebs ended up in cuffs. Even if it was just the cops storming the barn, I'd have liked to see how they got to that point.

Also not super thrilled with how things went with Abomination. He had this great arc through the season after the movie but he was talking for a group openly thrilled out about ####ing over Jen? If the implication was supposed to be that he just didn't know who they were it was done very poorly. I hope they bring Roth back as I quite enjoyed overly passive Abom.

Other than that, I think it was a great series and hope we get a second season of it.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 01:23 AM   #1045
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I enjoyed the finale too, and I think it might be my favorite Marvel Disney+ show, but I agree the fourth wall kind of overstayed its welcome. Gag after gag after gag - okay we get it, can we at least extend the episode 10 minutes and give the story a bit more runway to land?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:29 AM   #1046
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Also not super thrilled with how things went with Abomination. He had this great arc through the season after the movie but he was talking for a group openly thrilled out about ####ing over Jen? If the implication was supposed to be that he just didn't know who they were it was done very poorly. I hope they bring Roth back as I quite enjoyed overly passive Abom.

Other than that, I think it was a great series and hope we get a second season of it.
I do feel like that was the angle. It reminded me of a visitation for someone that has passed and wasn't particularly religious and so the officiant gives their speech and its full of things like "the family told me Tom loved cats". I got that same vibe where Abomination a couple times said something similar like "your leader tells me you guys have been having trouble reaching your goals".

I agree though, he was a great character overall.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 09:48 AM   #1047
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Emil Blonsksy arc was disappointing. If he didn't know who they were, why would he have been doing it as the Abomination instead of just himself? It all felt a bit like a betrayal of a really good character they had built up. Even Jen saying she just wanted him to finally take accountability felt wrong, as his arc had been about him taking responsibility. I don't see how him being sent back to jail was a good payoff for a character arc of a guy who had rehabilitated himself and was doing good to help other people. He was probably the best character in the show up to that point, and then just got tossed in the bin for no apparent reason in a way that seemed inconsistent with how he had been developed to that point. It was a weird ending.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #1048
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I do feel like that was the angle. It reminded me of a visitation for someone that has passed and wasn't particularly religious and so the officiant gives their speech and its full of things like "the family told me Tom loved cats". I got that same vibe where Abomination a couple times said something similar like "your leader tells me you guys have been having trouble reaching your goals".

I agree though, he was a great character overall.

The reason I mentioned it was because it felt like that was what they were going for. But then... why are they sending him back to jail for ten years? It's the latter part that undercuts that he didn't know.

I get the issue was he violated his "No becoming the Abomination" clause of his parole but in his own house and in a non-malicious way?

It was all just a really silly way to deal with him.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 02:05 PM   #1049
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

All I know is this should have been the voice of K.E.V.I.N

FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #1050
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed Welcome to Wrexham. Very entertaining.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2022, 05:20 PM   #1051
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Powerful finale for The Patient. That's pretty much the last kind of show I expected to end up watching on Disney+, but it was great. The way they wrapped up the finale was unexpected, and really well done.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2022, 05:57 PM   #1052
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
I’m currently on episode 12 and have really been enjoying this. There is something very compelling about the idea of rebuilding a struggling team with optimism returning to an industrial town. Only complaint is sometimes it feels like I’m watching an advertisement and it would have been more interesting as an independent documentary.

Was having a good laugh that after the team got stable ownership, a new pitch, stadium renovations approved, a star striker, and a big name manager there were still a bunch of negative fans who wanted to blow the whole thing up 10 games into the season. Reminded me of a few Flames fans. Seeing that these fans are big losers in real life was a good reminder to not take any of CP’s Debbie downers too seriously.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:48 AM   #1053
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but Reboot is great. Not the YTV one.. although that one is great to... but I mean the Disney+ one.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:42 AM   #1054
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 10-27-2022, 11:46 AM   #1055
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtmac19 View Post
I wanted to like it, but found it a bit to smarmy

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #1056
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Nice, Disney+ will finally have the complete version of The Muppets Christmas Carol in Dec, they're adding the "When Love is Gone" song scene.

The Muppets Christmas Carol is one of my favorite Christmas movies still.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2022, 11:23 AM   #1057
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I’m currently on episode 12 and have really been enjoying this. There is something very compelling about the idea of rebuilding a struggling team with optimism returning to an industrial town. Only complaint is sometimes it feels like I’m watching an advertisement and it would have been more interesting as an independent documentary.

Was having a good laugh that after the team got stable ownership, a new pitch, stadium renovations approved, a star striker, and a big name manager there were still a bunch of negative fans who wanted to blow the whole thing up 10 games into the season. Reminded me of a few Flames fans. Seeing that these fans are big losers in real life was a good reminder to not take any of CP’s Debbie downers too seriously.
The bolded is a bit harsh, although I agree the lack of patience from a fan base that had the biggest lucky break in their history is pretty funny. I finished the season about two weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a bit.

IMO it's too bad they didn't have the "Drive to Survive" people do it, would have maybe added a bit more edge/independence, which I agree was missing. I'd definitely watch a second season.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #1058
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

King of the Hill is on Disney

Yay

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:17 PM   #1059
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Nice, Disney+ will finally have the complete version of The Muppets Christmas Carol in Dec, they're adding the "When Love is Gone" song scene.

I still have my VHS from when I was a kid. I don't have VCR anymore.. but I kept the VHS

Now I make my kids watch it each year. They are not enthralled with Muppets the same as I was as a kid.. I guess with all the computer animated movies and special effects what Henson and Co. were doing back then doesn't seem as amazing now to the new generation.

But horrible acting and massive product placement on these crappy YouTube kids actors channels get millions upon millions of subscribers.

I guess not that I can complain to much about product placement considering my entire child hood Saturday morning cartoon experience was one big commercial for He-Man, Transformers, M.A.S.K., Ninja Turtles, Thundercats etc..

Still just feels dirty when my kids watch this trash. The Muppets humour is timeless and has that magic ability to apply to both young and old.

You'll love, business. It is the American way! .. oh errm.. It is the British way! Sideways glance.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:34 PM   #1060
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post

why did they take it out for D+, I wonder?

Anecdote: In the early 2000s when the first The Muppets Christmas Carol DVD came out it was full screen only. I wrote Disney expressing my disappointment and received a reply that they'd forward my comments to the relevant department for consideration. About a year later they re-released it in widescreen, and I like to think I made all the difference.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post: