Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Wings 8 Flames 2

Wings 8 Flames 2

- Flames get lit up early
- Lack struggles
- Hamonic/Brodie get owned
- Brawl

New Game Takes format!
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Wings 8 Flames 2

- Flames get lit up early
- Lack struggles
- Hamonic/Brodie get owned
- Brawl

New Game Takes format!
I appreciate you writting that up thanks! 😘
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually really like this format. The font is much, much more mobile and accessibility friendly as well.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Extra thanks for the write up after a game like that. I couldn't watch the game but after seeing the score I have a feeling the PGT is a disaster. Much prefer being able to read these and move on!
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #5
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mentioned in the game thread that Gulutzan should go back to the Brodie/Stone pairing as it's just a better fit right now and the best for the team. I really hate it when politics play a role in where a player slots in the lineup. I get the team gave up a lot for Hamonic but forcing him and Brodie isn't helping the team at all. Screw the optics and just put Hamonic on the 3rd pairing until he gets his game going or Stone's play dictates he needs to move down. The 2nd pairing can't be a disaster on a nightly basis if you have high aspirations for your team.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #6
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like you I think the Flames come out flying against Philly. Hopefully a game like that brings the team a little closer together.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:15 PM   #7
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Brodie is the goat...again.

Over rated and over used.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #8
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

(Btw, one reason I don't always thank these is that I'm often out of thanks after all the discussion on the GT+PGT. I suspect that's very common.

But thanks.)
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #9
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Lack did not struggle. He had no chance on most of those goals.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:50 AM   #10
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like the format too. Didn't get to see this one so had a big WTF when I saw the scoreline. Hope the team can come back with some fire in their next game. Light up Brian Elliott!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:57 AM   #11
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Lack did not struggle. He had no chance on most of those goals.
A decent NHL goaltender makes a save or two on those five goals. Howard made a few clutch saves when the game still was within reach that he had no business making, like the one where he robbed Monahan in the slot. That's what you need to compete. A decent goaltender is not reduced to just making the routine saves he should be making, a decent goaltender has a chance of making tough saves, game changing saves as well. I seriously hope we never see Lack in a Flames uniform again, because he has all the tools to become the next Hiller, Elliott or the like that we've been frustrated by for a long time now and this team does not need a backup like that. Give Gillies the next start and go from there. He might just be ready for a shot at backup duty, and if he isn't Rittich might be ready. There is no real reason to endure any more sub par efforts from Lack.
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:01 AM   #12
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^ which one? Don't generalize.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #13
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
A decent NHL goaltender makes a save or two on those five goals. Howard made a few clutch saves when the game still was within reach that he had no business making, like the one where he robbed Monahan in the slot. That's what you need to compete. A decent goaltender is not reduced to just making the routine saves he should be making, a decent goaltender has a chance of making tough saves, game changing saves as well. I seriously hope we never see Lack in a Flames uniform again, because he has all the tools to become the next Hiller, Elliott or the like that we've been frustrated by for a long time now and this team does not need a backup like that. Give Gillies the next start and go from there. He might just be ready for a shot at backup duty, and if he isn't Rittich might be ready. There is no real reason to endure any more sub par efforts from Lack.
wow. I too would rather Gillies or Rittich get a chance, but if you think even Smith, or hell Kipper or Vernon, would have made more than one of those saves, I am not sure what game you were watching.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:15 AM   #14
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
wow. I too would rather Gillies or Rittich get a chance, but if you think even Smith, or hell Kipper or Vernon, would have made more than one of those saves, I am not sure what game you were watching.
Yeah, so at least they could have made one save then, and that might have made a difference. You can't win by letting every single high danger chance end up in the net. Not like I'm asking for a shutout, but Lack did not do a good job tonight, and he has been playing well under league average for several seasons. It's not like he's just unfortunate or a victim of bad bounces. He was a bad bet to begin with.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #15
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Yeah, so at least they could have made one save then, and that might have made a difference. You can't win by letting every single high danger chance end up in the net. Not like I'm asking for a shutout, but Lack did not do a good job tonight, and he has been playing well under league average for several seasons. It's not like he's just unfortunate or a victim of bad bounces. He was a bad bet to begin with.
Agreed, and like I said, I would prefer Gillies or Rittich...or more likely when he gets out of the cess pool that is the E, Parsons, but right now it's Lack and the Flames have given him zero support the few times he has been in, and then on top of it they got beat up.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:36 AM   #16
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
^ which one? Don't generalize.
Would you argue that five goals in fifteen shots is good enough of an effort? Obviously there are things he could have done differently, and that better goalies do differently. Smith could have probably let in five goals a game to start the season, but he didn't. Instead he made huge saves and the reason is that he is a much better goalie, positioning himself better, asserting himself better in any given situation, challenging the shooters etc. The team does not need two Mike Smiths however, they just need a backup that is not the worst goaltender in the NHL, which Lack sadly is right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to crapshoot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 07:04 AM   #17
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

That brawl is everything that is wrong in the NHL with officiating. How does Detroit end up with a PP for 5 mins to boot. Maanta should have gotten a match, That bearded ###### jumped Kulak basically and then came back to the ice. Howard was way more aggressive then Gillies and yet evened out ? Unreal that I had to watch that. Erickson suckers Bennett too.

I miss the days when we had Mcgrattan, Engelland, Regehr and Iginla. Because their should be and would be payback.
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jlh2640 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #18
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
That brawl is everything that is wrong in the NHL with officiating. How does Detroit end up with a PP for 5 mins to boot. Maanta should have gotten a match, That bearded ###### jumped Kulak basically and then came back to the ice. Howard was way more aggressive then Gillies and yet evened out ? Unreal that I had to watch that. Erickson suckers Bennett too.

I miss the days when we had Mcgrattan, Engelland, Regehr and Iginla. Because their should be and would be payback.
Officiating in the NHL is broken. They routinely affect the sporting outcome.

Blocking clearing attempts, getting in the way of rushes, missing blatant calls, making marginal calls, face off drama and then there is the whole ‘intended to blow’ phenomena.

Look at how their calls evolve over a season, it renders earlier games less valid because the rules essentially change over time.

That’s not why Flames lost last night. The second D pair was owned as others have mentioned. Just venting.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #19
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

I actually think the refs made the mistake earlier ... in not giving the idiot something extra for rag dolling Kulak after the fight.

That's what got the Flames mad, and then they stayed mad when the officials didn't sort it out.

After that it's pretty hard to a) predict and b) control what happened between the benches.

And why don't they have a space between the benches in a brand new building?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #20
jaikorven
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Another great write up Bingo and I'm out of thanks, so thanks.

The game just got worse as it progressed, but I expect us to get the brunt of the fines and suspensions, sadly. The team imo will bounce back next game in Philly, but will we have the players needed to get the win? Ferly possibly out, Matty possibly out and Smith may still be out. Hamonic might have an injury after getting pounded on his back as well.
jaikorven is offline   Reply With Quote