Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #61
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

No major injuries would be a major win for the Stamps...these pbp guys are acting like the Bombers played some awesome game.

Stamps are obviously just going through the motions
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #62
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
No major injuries would be a major win for the Stamps...these pbp guys are acting like the Bombers played some awesome game.

Stamps are obviously just going through the motions
The Stamps have been “ going through the motions” for a month now. This game isn’t a one-off.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #63
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

So who is worse...Stanzi or Buckley?

Yikes that was incredibly bad QB play all night although the OLine gave niether much of a chance.

Ugly as it gets.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #64
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Not sure why people are basing this game on Buckley's performance. Yes he made some mistakes throwing an INT and a fumble but the other players in this team is not helping. This is supposed to be Messam's game but he came unprepared and can't run. Receivers dropping balls. OLines missing blocks and also Erdos committed a holding penalty that would have given the Stamps a TD.
I am not saying Buckley is the saviour but i don't think he is the worst QB in the league.
Totally agree, Massem is slipping and sliding all over the place. I was wondering if he wore the wrong cleats
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #65
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Stamps will play either Winnipeg, Edmonton or Saskatchewan in the WF....all have beaten the Stamps in the last 3 weeks. Dont like how this feels given how important momentum is this time of year.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #66
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
Stamps will play either Winnipeg, Edmonton or Saskatchewan in the WF....all have beaten the Stamps in the last 3 weeks. Dont like how this feels given how important momentum is this time of year.

We got em right where we want em.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2017, 11:10 PM   #67
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

My feet are just starting to thaw... brutal O-line play tonight.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #68
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I don't even buy that argument that CFL attendance numbers would be down during the Stanley Cup playoffs. Most of the matchups are American teams, not drawing in big Canadian viewership. And even if there's a Canadian team (or two), outside of the city where the teams are based out of, that doesn't mean fans won't still attend a game.

CFL needs to desperately draw people into watching the game live. They need to take advantage of patio season, and have games during warm weather season as much as they can. Then for playoff games, the games will be during weather that's still relatively comfortable, possibly drawing in big crowds for the most important games.

Beside, if the CFL should be afraid of conflict with a league, it should be with the NFL since that's it's direct competition. Once NFL season comes around, casual attention on CFL is moved away to that. They should reduce the amount of weeks the season competes with that.
One hundo percent agree. Props to the fans who went tonight - you guys are hardcore.

I get its a Canadian Experience but I'd much rather watch a game where player aren't slipping around or freezing my nuts off.

DD needs to whip the boys into shape or it'll be another early exit which is a cause for concern with this team.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:46 PM   #69
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
One hundo percent agree. Props to the fans who went tonight - you guys are hardcore.

I get its a Canadian Experience but I'd much rather watch a game where player aren't slipping around or freezing my nuts off.

DD needs to whip the boys into shape or it'll be another early exit which is a cause for concern with this team.
OT of the championship game is an early exit
Old 11-04-2017, 01:41 AM   #70
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
OT of the championship game is an early exit
1 Grey Cup with this elite roster isn't what I consider a great result.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #71
Flickered Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The worry, for me, is the fact that the offense has really been awful the entire year. Out of sync, lots of dropped passes, BLM hasn't had a great year, sure Messam went over 1000 yards last night but he hasn't been as dominate. Had it not been for the elite defense, the best defense in the league, it is scary to think about where this team would have finished.
Flickered Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #72
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Messam was tippy-toeing at the line of scrimmage like a guy barefoot on hot coals. I don’t think the team can rely on him as he hasn’t produced for a month now. It’s pretty clear Huff will need to search for two new QB’s in the offseason. The OL was horrible but that was amateur hour by Buckley and Stanzi.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #73
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Messam was tippy-toeing at the line of scrimmage like a guy barefoot on hot coals. I don’t think the team can rely on him as he hasn’t produced for a month now. It’s pretty clear Huff will need to search for two new QB’s in the offseason. The OL was horrible but that was amateur hour by Buckley and Stanzi.
maybe zach collaros is willing to come here as a back up - assuming he has a nagging injury that prevents him from starting now.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #74
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

i still think this team has just been waiting for the western final to start for a long time now. hopefully we see that in a couple weeks.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #75
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

lol at everyone overreacting to quarterback play.

Because it's so easy to torch a D in a meaningless game with shoddy o line play, no run game, and minus 25 weather. Buckley will be fine
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #76
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
lol at everyone overreacting to quarterback play.

Because it's so easy to torch a D in a meaningless game with shoddy o line play, no run game, and minus 25 weather. Buckley will be fine
Fine? Please. I get that a lot of fans are in his corner because of his passport but if he was an american kid that performed like that fans would be happy to see him out the door. He's not very good.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bombers , finch , last game , stamps