Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2022, 06:30 AM   #4241
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

The Tammy Sytch story has me wondering how bail works in the US.

Did the police release her on a bond and the DA applied to have it revoked?

Is there no judicial oversight on bail/bonds? If there is, how was she released the first time? What circumstance changes to revoke?

It seems so very different from out system of pre-judicial release.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:23 PM   #4242
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think we've gotten a glimpse of Zach Kassian in about 10 years. But seriously, you have to be a moron to go after a wrestler.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1525676102383022082

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #4243
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Naomi and Sasha handed in their tag team belts and walked out of Raw tonight. Supposedly unhappy with the plans for tonight, and also with some of their opponents.

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/top-w...-tonights-raw/

Quote:
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks and Naomi reportedly walked out of tonight’s RAW from Norfolk, VA.
As mentioned early during tonight’s live RAW, the original plan for the RAW main event was a Six-Pack Challenge to determine the new #1 contender to RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair. The participants scheduled for the match were Banks, Naomi, Doudrop, Nikki A.S.H., Asuka and Becky Lynch. WWE later changed the main event during a backstage segment, and now it will be Asuka vs. Lynch to determine Belair’s challenger at Hell In a Cell. It was mentioned on RAW how Banks and Naomi “left the building” so the Six-Pack Challenge couldn’t go down as planned, which led to Asuka vs. Lynch being made.
Now word from RAW is that Banks was not satisfied with creative plans associated with her night on RAW, according to Fightful Select. Banks reportedly had a meeting with WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, where she voiced her displeasure, and would not budge on her stance.
While Banks wouldn’t budge on her stance, word is that McMahon was also unwilling to budge.
Furthermore, PWInsider adds that when McMahon didn’t choose to change direction on the creative plans, Banks wouldn’t back down on her issues and made the decision to leave the arena.
It was confirmed by Fightful and PWInsider that Naomi was scheduled to win the Six-Pack Challenge.
There’s no word yet on Naomi’s specific involvement, but she and Banks both left the Scope Arena in Norfolk near the start of the show.
It’s worth noting that the pre-RAW rundown sheet had no assigned producer or referee for the main event match, the Six-Pack Challenge. It was also highlighted in red, indicating a change could be happening. There were hastily produced segments planned to set up the change, but they were also reflected in the rundown sheets that were handed out before the show.

Its not the first time that Sasha has acted like this. Her and Bayley threw a fit when they lost the tag team belts.

I would expect that the WWE will probably fire Naomi, and let Sasha sit at home for a while.

I think its pretty unprofessional, and sometimes these people forget that this is I don't know pretend.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:47 PM   #4244
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Naomi and Sasha handed in their tag team belts and walked out of Raw tonight. Supposedly unhappy with the plans for tonight, and also with some of their opponents.

Its not the first time that Sasha has acted like this. Her and Bayley threw a fit when they lost the tag team belts.

I would expect that the WWE will probably fire Naomi, and let Sasha sit at home for a while.

I think its pretty unprofessional, and sometimes these people forget that this is I don't know pretend.
Sometimes referred to as Bret Hart disease. I say that with all respect for my favorite wrestler ever, but his posture that he couldn't drop the belt in Canada to a guy he didn't like. all while he was leaving the company, struck me as absurd.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #4245
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Sometimes referred to as Bret Hart disease. I say that with all respect for my favorite wrestler ever, but his posture that he couldn't drop the belt in Canada to a guy he didn't like. all while he was leaving the company, struck me as absurd.

Bret's issue wasn't just that he didn't like the guy. Shawn was being a petty dork during the lead up so Bret said "Fine, #### you."

He was ready to do the job prior to that.

As for Naomi and Sasha apparently the spin we're getting is not entirely accurate to what happened. WWE is trying to wash over what their actual issue was (them being in singles programs while sitting on the tag belts doing nothing with them)

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:41 PM   #4246
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big time 'That's not gonna work for me brother' vibes from Sasha, not the first time either
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #4247
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I can only imagine how frustrating WWE is for the talent.

You spend so much time on the indy scene, working on your character, developing your move and skillets, working on your mic skills, your creativity, and while titles are essentially props, the title holders are at the top of the card and often the highest paid.

Then you get to WWE. Smaller move set, change of vernacular (superstar, championship, universe, etc). Writers tell you who you are, your story, write your promo, titles don't mean top of the card.

Then you see your being misused, the creative isn't working, and what got you there is being ignored.

I question if Rock, Austin, Hogan, or Warrior would have become the megastar they did if the company was run the way it is now.

And if you speak up, or push back, you're the problem!

The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2022, 04:26 PM   #4248
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post

You spend so much time on the indy scene, working on your character, developing your move and skillets, working on your mic skills, your creativity, and while titles are essentially props, the title holders are at the top of the card and often the highest paid.

Then you get to WWE. Smaller move set, change of vernacular (superstar, championship, universe, etc). Writers tell you who you are, your story, write your promo, titles don't mean top of the card.

Then you see your being misused, the creative isn't working, and what got you there is being ignored.

I question if Rock, Austin, Hogan, or Warrior would have become the megastar they did if the company was run the way it is now.

I think they need a new commissioner. Any ideas where to find one? I hear good things about a guy in Cape Breton... Takes an elbow drop like a champ.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:30 PM   #4249
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

Bret went up to Shawn at one point to tell him that he was putting Shawn over. And Shawn replied, that's nice but I'm not willing to do the same for you.

You add on the whole Sunny Days BS. Prior to Montreal, Hart never hesitated to put people over which lead to a royal screwing by Hogan. Up until Montreal Bret was a good soldier for the company.

But what do you expect, Shawn was a complete out of control ahole, Vince had lied to him about his contract, and unlike a lot of workers Bret took the business very seriously.

After Montreal though when he went to WCW he really stopped giving a crap about the business and it got him a long term head injury and a stroke.

Bret and Sasha do not equal each other.

This isn't the first time that Sasha has thrown a hissy fit and walked out the door. She did it with Bayley, she did it with Naomi.

This wasn't a case of another wrestler taking liberties or powertripping with Vince to screw Sasha.

I expect that Sasha is miffed that she's been surpassed in the main event and slowly slid down the card, but she hasn't been the same performer that she was before the Pandemic hit.

On the other hand, who cares about the woman's tag belt, they've been booked into irrelevancy. You can argue that Sasha was fighting for doing something with the tag belts, which is fine. But if you throw a hissy fit with Vince, you've literally screwed yourself.

I would expect that she's probably cost Naomi her job at this point.

Old 05-17-2022, 04:36 PM   #4250
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Sure, you know that going in though, and in exchange you get massive exposure, probably sell a ton of merchandise and make a ton of money instead of $20.00 a night and a hot dog and orange juice on the Indies.

The bottom line though is we can talk about the work required on the Indy's but they're not developing the talent that they used to. I've gone and watched Indy's and for the most part, we're not seeing workers that understand story telling and psychology, but there are a bunch of workers that just want to get their #### in. Most workers would struggle with an unscripted promo. And remember this is a televised show.

You can argue that the Rock and Austin, and Hogan (though his later year stuff was garbage) and Cena were given carte blanche on their promo's because they proved they could do it. Rollin's gets a lot of freedom on his promo's as does Becky Lynch, Flair, Reigns (But they put him with Heyman for a reason).

There's a reason why WWE is going away from the Indy wrestlers and getting athletes that they can build to their own level, and its because the Indy's aren't the fertile ground that they used to be and far too many of the Indy Superstars just languished and died in NXT instead of improving.

And a lot of them that aren't around anymore went from the Indy feeling NXT setting to the main roster and died there when their faults were exposed on TV.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:19 PM   #4251
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
I think they need a new commissioner. Any ideas where to find one? I hear good things about a guy in Cape Breton... Takes an elbow drop like a champ.
I might know a guy. Not sure if he's actually any good, but he will take an elbow drop or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Sure, you know that going in though, and in exchange you get massive exposure, probably sell a ton of merchandise and make a ton of money instead of $20.00 a night and a hot dog and orange juice on the Indies.

The bottom line though is we can talk about the work required on the Indy's but they're not developing the talent that they used to. I've gone and watched Indy's and for the most part, we're not seeing workers that understand story telling and psychology, but there are a bunch of workers that just want to get their #### in. Most workers would struggle with an unscripted promo. And remember this is a televised show.

You can argue that the Rock and Austin, and Hogan (though his later year stuff was garbage) and Cena were given carte blanche on their promo's because they proved they could do it. Rollin's gets a lot of freedom on his promo's as does Becky Lynch, Flair, Reigns (But they put him with Heyman for a reason).

There's a reason why WWE is going away from the Indy wrestlers and getting athletes that they can build to their own level, and its because the Indy's aren't the fertile ground that they used to be and far too many of the Indy Superstars just languished and died in NXT instead of improving.

And a lot of them that aren't around anymore went from the Indy feeling NXT setting to the main roster and died there when their faults were exposed on TV.
$20 is a bit of an underestimate but your point is well taken. Indies, at least in Canada, is a passion nit a career.

That said, Indies in the US, you could do alright.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:00 PM   #4252
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Stephenie taking a leave of absence from the WWE to spend time with family.

I'm sure that the kids are upset that they and HHH are no longer the succession plan.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:01 PM   #4253
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I might know a guy. Not sure if he's actually any good, but he will take an elbow drop or two.

$20 is a bit of an underestimate but your point is well taken. Indies, at least in Canada, is a passion nit a career.

That said, Indies in the US, you could do alright.

I had a friend that I went to high school with and in the early 90's he just travelled the Western Canadian Indies and was given the choice of being paid his $20.00 or in concessions.

Later on he found the trick that after the card was over, he'd get paid in cash and go and ask the nice girls running the food stands for a free hot dog and pop.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:38 PM   #4254
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to the RCW show at the downtown legion last night. Crowd was absolutely bonkers and they lost control of us very quickly and didn't even try to get it back. Got to meet John Morrison. Super nice dude.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2022, 07:57 PM   #4255
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Channeled my inner Jack Tunney for this:

Of note: ECPW Headquarters looks an awful lot like my basement that's currently under construction/renovation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2022, 01:05 PM   #4256
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Weird situation with the Double or Nothing PPV. MJF vs Wardlow advertising has been pulled.

MJF no showed a fan meet and greet yesterday, and booked a flight out of town last night.

Lots of reports of unpleasantness between Kahn and MJF lately.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:13 PM   #4257
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

MJF is being used as one of their biggest draws and still being paid like a guy on Dark apparently.

Another report came out from one of the dirtsheets about AEW mid and top talent looking at what's going on with Cody and saying "Why not me next?"Not so much that they're unhappy but that Cody is getting paid, getting pushed and getting a bigger audience all at the same time. AEW has the potential for a great product and has created a situation where wrestlers have legit options for the first time in almost 20 years. But the options thing cuts both ways.

Put two and two together, and without knowing MJF's contract status you can speculate where things are going with this. But it's MJF, a guy who has lived his gimmick since day one and we could all, all of us, be getting worked right now.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 05-29-2022, 02:35 PM   #4258
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Put two and two together, and without knowing MJF's contract status you can speculate where things are going with this. But it's MJF, a guy who has lived his gimmick since day one and we could all, all of us, be getting worked right now.
Pretty sure his contract runs through 2024, but you're right in that it's hard to tell what is and isn't a work with him.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 05:08 PM   #4259
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Pretty sure his contract runs through 2024, but you're right in that it's hard to tell what is and isn't a work with him.

Which is what makes me think this is a work. But then again, I thought Sasha and Naomi were a work. I'm just here to get worked.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 05-29-2022, 05:34 PM   #4260
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It could absolutely be a work. But fans pay a lot of money to go to a meet and greet, and having MJF not show up on short notice wouldn't be good for AEW and would piss off fans.

We know that MJF is probably the best pure heel that they've had, and must see TV, and he is getting paid like basically jobber. I expect that yes he lives his gimmick, but he knows his value.

AEW needs to absolutely pay the man. They could probably hack a bunch of workers off of their bloated roster to cover the cost.

And yeah, MJF might look at exactly what Vince is doing with Cody and really want that.