Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #41
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Hello,

Yes I need access to all vents and furniture I move is moved back its all part of the job.

Dogs ...puppies, canines all of em can be in the back yard, in a garage or kennel as its very short lived 1 to 1.5 hours ...... its inhumane to have them around with their sensitive hearing and my incredibly high decibel 260 psi air line blasting.

Doors might have to be open although I prefer windows in the winter especially on really cold days .

I am the best and treat you that way as well.

Hope this answers all your questions

Keith
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #42
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Hey Keith,

Thanks for stopping in at my buddies place last week. I talked with him over the weekend and he was quite happy with the clean out you did! He wanted me to pass that along.

All the best!

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #43
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks again for all the work and helping me keep a roof over my families heads and clothes on our backs.

2011 was a record CP year for me ...doubled the jobs done this year from last and that included 2 repeats and 1 3peater

CP has been awesome in every aspect for me. Meeting everyone has been especially great and I again thank all for your referrals and repeat business.

Last edited by EVERLAST; 12-07-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #44
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sent a PM a while back...at least I think i did lol
Need cleaning please.
Thanks
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #45
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

puffnstuff

give me a call and I can get you in today if you want and if that works for you.....Keith

970-9256
Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #46
jdso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Gotcha booked for Tuesday the 27th for a furnace and duct cleaning!
jdso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdso For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #47
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm giving your info to my Mother In-law...

She'll be calling you soon.

Does she need to mention anything specific for Calgarypuck ???
Old 12-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #48
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

yes she wants Keith Last and only Keith Last because Keith Last will do the best work that she'll be happy with
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #49
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

BUMPED....January special call Keith for details.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #50
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hey Keith, aka: Everlast - I have a question and probably a request for your furnace skills. I bought a house in Cranston, it was build in 05 and I am finding a problem when it comes to the furnace system. its a 2-storey house, the master bedroom is on the 2nd floor and doesn't get any heat. there is one register in the bedroom and when the furnace is on, there is no air blowing through the register. I can feel heat if I put my hand there, but its just kind of radiating out, not being blown out with air. There is another register in the ensuite bathroom and it works fine, warm air blows out. The other rooms on the 2nd floow are fine as well. I had thought maybe a blockage but cannot find anything, plus, we have an air circulation fan attached to the furnace as well and if we turn this on, air will blast out of that register in the master bathroom just fine. Any thoughts on this? I believe I am due for a furnace cleaning as well, maybe we can discuss, hopefully your coverage includes Cranston. Thanks.
wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wookster,

It is likely 1 of 3 things......1/ blockage within the vent itself ....see if you can run a vacuum house down it to retrieve any type of blockage within the first 3 feet .

2/ Closed damper downstairs by the furnace...check and see if any or all accessible dampers are open ....if any are closed ...open them.

3/ if you are using a pleated filter you have likely killed 25 to 40% of your airflow coming from the furnace..this is especially true of 3M filters. These filters are raising your utility bills by 30% GUARANTEED..... it takes twice as long to heat ANY home using pleated filters this raising your GAS and ELECTRIC bills.

Check these things and if none of these steps improve the situation then I can come and investigate further .

1 other thing...who was your builder???...this will help me immensely because with this information I can tell you without a doubt whether you need a cleaning and inspection.
A good builder would have had the furnace and ducts cleaned pre occupancy for you and would have used a reputable furnace company. One word of caution however...all cleaning companies ARE NOT the same ...if you want it done right you need me and me only.

Keith
Old 01-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #52
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for the info, I will investigate further tonight and let you know the results.

This house was built by Cardel Homes.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #53
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cardel homes huh....well they are normally really good.
I used to do all of their pre occupancy cleanings, inspections and warranty work EXCLUSIVELY so this surprises me a little bit.

Please let me know regardless....what end of town are you in ? If you are in the north I may be able to get to you place easy and for free.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #54
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I unfortunately am way in the South...in Cranston. I will send u a PM with some details...
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #55
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just wanted to mention to everyone in regards to Filters that pleated filters are NOT the way to go if you are thinking that they are better.

I just finished working 18hrs straight doing service calls. I did about 23 calls and out of the 23 there were 11 that had plugged filters.

All of these filters were pleated and 9 were 3M pleated filters. I replaced 7 motors associated to motors being overworked by lack of airflow. Using a pleated filter will guarantee 25- 30% increase in your electric and gas combined as it takes 25-30% longer to heat your house.

Take into consideration that if your house is 12 to 15 years old your windows, doors, attics insulation, weather stripping and exterior wall outlets are causing a significant amount of heat loss during prolonged cold spells. Using that pleated filter makes it much worse......save money by not paying extra for pleated filters b/c we as consumers get screwed at the till for most everything, using pleated filters for your house raising your utilities bills by your own hand.

Last edited by EVERLAST; 01-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #56
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Wookster,

It is likely 1 of 3 things......1/ blockage within the vent itself ....see if you can run a vacuum house down it to retrieve any type of blockage within the first 3 feet .

2/ Closed damper downstairs by the furnace...check and see if any or all accessible dampers are open ....if any are closed ...open them.

3/ if you are using a pleated filter you have likely killed 25 to 40% of your airflow coming from the furnace..this is especially true of 3M filters. These filters are raising your utility bills by 30% GUARANTEED..... it takes twice as long to heat ANY home using pleated filters this raising your GAS and ELECTRIC bills.

Check these things and if none of these steps improve the situation then I can come and investigate further .

1 other thing...who was your builder???...this will help me immensely because with this information I can tell you without a doubt whether you need a cleaning and inspection.
A good builder would have had the furnace and ducts cleaned pre occupancy for you and would have used a reputable furnace company. One word of caution however...all cleaning companies ARE NOT the same ...if you want it done right you need me and me only.

Keith
Hi,

Kind of along the same lines as Wooksters question - I have a few vents that radiate very little heat, and some (closest to the furnace room) that have a higher flow rate. I've checked the dampers, and they're all open. Just wondering if all vents should have the same air flow, or will there just be some that won't? What would be the possibility of duct work being loose within the ceilings/floors, and is there a way to tell? By the way, the house is nearly 20 years old. Thanks.

With respect to the furnace filters - what would you recommend aside from the pleated (those are all I have ever seen, at the big box stores). Also I have heard of some people taping over the area where the filter plugs in to prevent losses. Is this recommended?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^^^^^ Air flow is lost the following ways...I am NOT guessing.
thick filters as mentioned above
distance ....the further away the vent is from the furnace the less airflow...combine that with elbows and reduced sizes in venting from the main duct work itself.
Dampers not fully open.
a 20 yr old house has a very good chance of having venting and or duct-work that has fallen, collapsed and had dampers accidentally closed while finishing a ceiling or basement...I see this all of the time.
Vent filters.....on either the hot or cold restrict airflow. Just because the store sells them doesn't make it a good idea ...EVER.

Regular fiberglass media filters (see through) cheap filters changed monthly
are the best way to go. Not doing it monthly will cost $$$$$$

There's allot more but I dont want to Cliff Claven the hell out of everybody.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #58
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
^^^^^^^ Air flow is lost the following ways...I am NOT guessing.
thick filters as mentioned above
distance ....the further away the vent is from the furnace the less airflow...combine that with elbows and reduced sizes in venting from the main duct work itself.
Dampers not fully open.
a 20 yr old house has a very good chance of having venting and or duct-work that has fallen, collapsed and had dampers accidentally closed while finishing a ceiling or basement...I see this all of the time.
Vent filters.....on either the hot or cold restrict airflow. Just because the store sells them doesn't make it a good idea ...EVER.

Regular fiberglass media filters (see through) cheap filters changed monthly
are the best way to go. Not doing it monthly will cost $$$$$$

There's allot more but I dont want to Cliff Claven the hell out of everybody.
Thanks for the reply. I am afraid to ask, but if the duct work has fallen or collapsed, what is the solution? Anything that might not require the basement ceiling to be opened up, or upstairs flooring removed? How much to get it checked out to make sure there are no breakages in the ductwork?

Would the dampers all be located pretty close to the furnace? I tried closing off the one to the room that was getting to the highest flow, but it didn't seem to improve the flow coming out the other vents.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #59
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

what end of the city do you live? I may be able to arrange to come by and take a look and see if we can come up with a solution.

Keith
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #60
Fobby
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Keith,

you got pm...I think.
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fobby For This Useful Post: