Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-19-2022, 08:31 PM   #401
Calgary14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tested positive on Tuesday. Hardly any symptoms aside from being very very tired and a small cough. The tiredness is unlike any cold/flu I've had. Hoping it will get better in a few days
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 11:26 AM   #402
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Tested positive Wednesday. Triple vaxxed. To be brutally honest, it's been a bit of a breeze. If I didn't know any better I'd just think it was a very mild cold. Stuffed up a bit today, throat is pretty good, small headache the other day but that might have been from the rum during the hockey game. That's it, no fever or chills or anything like that. Got lucky, looks like the vaccines are doing their jobs.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #403
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
My symptoms were worse last night. Heavy congestion and a lot of coughing leading up to bed time.

I woke up this morning with no symptoms outside of a less than mild stuffy nostril (just one). No cough, no fatigue, and no headache. I have taken 2 of the 5 days of Paxlovid (its 3 pills taken twice daily).

Outside of knowing I tested positive for Covid on Tuesday. I wouldn't think any thing of this and would have carried on with my normal day to day.
I feel 100% back to normal after testing positive on Tuesday. I am through 3 / 5 doses of Paxlovid. The only tough part is the metallic taste in my mouth. I didn't lose smell or taste but it tastes like I have metal coins in my mouth. Confirmed with friend also on Paxlovid that he has the same thing.

The vaccines and Paxlovid seem to have worked for me. Now it will be interesting to see how long I test positive for.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #404
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
I feel 100% back to normal after testing positive on Tuesday. I am through 3 / 5 doses of Paxlovid. The only tough part is the metallic taste in my mouth. I didn't lose smell or taste but it tastes like I have metal coins in my mouth. Confirmed with friend also on Paxlovid that he has the same thing.

The vaccines and Paxlovid seem to have worked for me. Now it will be interesting to see how long I test positive for.
Also watch for rebound symptoms/positive results. It seems to be happening quite a bit.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2022, 02:54 PM   #405
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Tested positive on Tuesday. Felt like a normal cold.

Whole new perspective today. Decided I would try and go for a run and about 15 mins in nearly passed out. Couldn’t get air and super dizzy. Been wheezing on the couch for 10-15. Scary stuff.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:12 PM   #406
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have finished Paxlovid and the only effects were metal tasting mouth and an upset stomach. But the upset stomach could be from other meds I take (or my acid reflux).

I feel 100%. Ok 100% but for the last couple days I get really tired around 3pm. I took an hour nap and then felt fine.

I also tested negative today twice on rapids tests today.

So all in all. Not sure if I had a really mild case or is Paxlovid aided. I would definitely seek out another prescription if I catch another case. I've had it twice though. My career has me around 50-400 adult hockey players almost every weekend so I'm probably constantly exposed. Im good with never catching it again. But if I do, I hope it's the same severity I've gotten with the first two.

Tags
covid