Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #1461
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
This stuff is wonderful and is 20% off at new leaf off of 32ave ne.
On sale tonight - bought 60 capsules for $58 at New Leaf Westbrook.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:26 PM   #1462
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Yeah I'm with Coach. Not sure why, well maybe its my years and years of cannabis use, or the fact I'm much bigger than your average dude, but edibles seem weak to me. I've learned that anything under 50mg is pointless (for me). A 10mg capsule is not even worth the time (for me), would be like drinking 1% beer. No I didn't actually calculate that.

Having said that, I also had 100mg capsules and they do work for sure. Though I guess that wont be a legit option when it's all said and done.

Anyways, I made cannabutter this weekend from about an ounce of weed that had been vaped in my Pax. Considering its weed I already used it came out pretty good. Used it for brownies. No idea how strong they are but decently strong I'd say.
+1 on ABV flower. Much more consistent that the edibles available on the market.

If you're hardcore, you can sprinkle vaped flower on a peanut butter or nutella sandwich, or graham crackers or whatever you like and straight up eat it. The PB kills the taste of the ABV and the high is excellent. Just be careful. I used too much ABV the first time and I high for more than 10 hours.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:00 PM   #1463
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a great day it would be to smoke a joint and chill on the back deck. Damn companies not updating drug policies
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #1464
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
What a great day it would be to smoke a joint and chill on the back deck. Damn companies not updating drug policies
???

Many if not most companies have updated their policies. They pretty much have had to. I know my employer has. I'm assuming it is what the new policies are that is your gear grinder?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #1465
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
???

Many if not most companies have updated their policies. They pretty much have had to. I know my employer has. I'm assuming it is what the new policies are that is your gear grinder?
Whether they have updated their policies or not many companies that require their employees to undergo mandatory drug testing still don’t allow their employees to use cannabis as a condition of their employment.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #1466
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Whether they have updated their policies or not many companies that require their employees to undergo mandatory drug testing still don’t allow their employees to use cannabis as a condition of their employment.
I'm well aware of that, my employer is one of them. It may not longer be against the law but it is against our policy.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #1467
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
On sale tonight - bought 60 capsules for $58 at New Leaf Westbrook.
So at the risk of sounding like a total newbie, I bought these and gave them a try over the weekend with what I consider to be "poor" results.

First night I only took 1 pill. My wife and I watched and movie and it was a normal evening. I didn't feel much of anything and woke up fine the next day.

Second night I took 2 pills. Again, I didn't really feel much, though I was still mostly just watching TV again. I did find it more difficult to read my book before going to bed, so that was a bit interesting. However, that night our baby woke up in the night and I felt like I was in a daze. I was still able to handle him and get him back to sleep without issue, but I did not feel good. I felt that same way in the morning when I woke up, but felt back to normal by noonish.

So my question as a new user: is this normal when you first start? I was obviously hoping for a different result. Do I maybe just not understand what it feels like (trying to compare it to a beer buzz). Or is this just a case where maybe this strain/brand isn't for me? Any thoughts?

My wife had 2 pills on her own on a different night (none for me) and she said she felt it a little and enjoyed herself, feeling fine in the morning. That's what I'm looking for.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #1468
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

A lot of people don't feel a high the first couple times they try it. It's something researchers have looked into and likely due to cannabinoid receptors altering the first time you interact with THC. Especially given the lower dose, this might just be the reason for you not to feel 'high' after your second time.

And I say this to warn you so you don't all of a sudden decide to try six because two did nothing for you.

However, that doesn't quite explain why you would be feeling bad the next morning for a significant time when you had a low dose. Although edibles can take several hours to peak, I don't think there's a reason it should be lasting 12 hours+ (assuming you had it before midnight).

But cannabis does effect you based on a bunch of factors. Not just combining it with alcohol, but caffeine, bad moods, bad sleeps, all of these could change the type of high you experience. So being woken up by a baby in the middle of the night, ruining your sleep, isn't going to all of a sudden feel good because you had some weed.

My suggestion, dependent on when you took it last time, is to give yourself some time to let it effect you. It might not kick in for an hour and might not peak for four hours. Based on you not feeling much when you were watching TV but dazed when you woke up (presumably) awhile later, you may had just not had time for it to kick in. If you took some at 9, tried to read your book at 10, woke up 12 during the peak, that could explain it. Instead take it at 7, you might start feeling something at 8, kicking in good around 9 when you aren't tired (and therefore more of a happy high you're looking for) and then by the time you're getting to sleep you should have already peaked and are on the downswing.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 07-02-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #1469
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm well aware of that, my employer is one of them. It may not longer be against the law but it is against our policy.
Our drug policies are strange, as in safety sensitive individuals are tested differently than non safety sensitive.

Non safety sensitive are pee tested and mouth swabbed for level and recency of use. Safety sensitive are only pee tested. It's a strange double standard.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #1470
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
A lot of people don't feel a high the first couple times they try it. It's something researchers have looked into and likely due to cannabinoid receptors altering the first time you interact with THC. Especially given the lower dose, this might just be the reason for you not to feel 'high' after your second time.

And I say this to warn you so you don't all of a sudden decide to try six because two did nothing for you.

However, that doesn't quite explain why you would be feeling bad the next morning for a significant time when you had a low dose. Although edibles can take several hours to peak, I don't think there's a reason it should be lasting 12 hours+ (assuming you had it before midnight).

But cannabis does effect you based on a bunch of factors. Not just combining it with alcohol, but caffeine, bad moods, bad sleeps, all of these could change the type of high you experience. So being woken up by a baby in the middle of the night, ruining your sleep, isn't going to all of a sudden feel good because you had some weed.

My suggestion, dependent on when you took it last time, is to give yourself some time to let it effect you. It might not kick in for an hour and might not peak for four hours. Based on you not feeling much when you were watching TV but dazed when you woke up (presumably) awhile later, you may had just not had time for it to kick in. If you took some at 9, tried to read your book at 10, woke up 12 during the peak, that could explain it. Instead take it at 7, you might start feeling something at 8, kicking in good around 9 when you aren't tired (and therefore more of a happy high you're looking for) and then by the time you're getting to sleep you should have already peaked and are on the downswing.
Thanks for the advice. I'm guessing it was probably mostly timing then (and maybe a bit that it's my first real usages). My timeline was something along the line of: Take pills around 9:00, TV/movie until 11:30, read until bed at midnight, wake-up for baby at 2:00, wake-up in morning around 7:00. I thought that would be enough lead time with the pills at 9:00, but maybe not. I'll keep the dosage low and experiment with some different timing.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #1471
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

CannTrust is in trouble. hope you guys haven't invested in them.
if you haven't, maybe now is a good time to buy?

this article about their issues says stock is down 65% since July 8.
https://business.financialpost.com/c...licensed-rooms

update:

CannTrust fired Aceto, and chairman Eric Paul was asked to resign Thursday after a Globe and Mail report cited internal emails showing the executives were aware that pot was being grown in unlicensed rooms about seven months before Health Canada unearthed the breach.
https://business.financialpost.com/c...annabis-weekly

opinion piece, which also mentions that Terry (black market) is doing just fine. in fact likely even better than before.

https://business.financialpost.com/d...annabis-policy
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #1472
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

about what could happen going forward. published today.

CannTrust Cans Its CEO -- Now What?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cannt...115100584.html

Just days after CannTrust announced its misstep, The Globe and Mail reported, via a company whistleblower, that the company used fake walls to conceal cannabis plants that were growing behind them when sending photographs to Health Canada. If accurate, this implies clear intent to subvert marijuana growing regulations by deceiving the regulatory agency.
Long story short, expect ongoing changes at CannTrust, with added clarity once we get an official ruling from Health Canada on the company's punishment.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #1473
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've invested a bit into Canntrust so I'm annoyed at all of this blatant greed and disregard for rules.

Having said that, I'm sure torn on investing more into it. It's sure tempting but I'm just coming off of a lengthy lay off so my "disposable" income is not what I'm used to right now, so I'm torn.
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:09 PM   #1474
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Bought some tonight and smoked with my retired parents on the back deck.

They regaled me with tales of buying hash in Afghanistan in the 70s.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #1475
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Bought some tonight and smoked with my retired parents on the back deck.

They regaled me with tales of buying hash in Afghanistan in the 70s.

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of Afghanistan
Rewards a long day's toil

Pulling into Kathmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a Nepal night
The Express gets you there

We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #1476
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Only one impared charge in Calgary since legalization...I guess we are thinking about the children!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...lice-1.5234979

"We have hardly seen any at all. We may have seen one since cannabis became legal," he said. "Despite all the alarmism with the police and the government saying this was going to be a huge problem, it has turned out to be exactly the opposite."
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #1477
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

A little early to pass judgement, it sounds like one of the major reasons is that CPS does not have a reliable method for testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #1478
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can’t be the only person that walks enough to notice the smell from lots of vehicles these days. Maybe the amount of high drivers is no different and people just aren’t concealing it like they used to but I walk past some fast food drive throughs daily and man there are lots of smelly vehicles.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:21 PM   #1479
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
Only one impared charge in Calgary since legalization...I guess we are thinking about the children!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...lice-1.5234979

"We have hardly seen any at all. We may have seen one since cannabis became legal," he said. "Despite all the alarmism with the police and the government saying this was going to be a huge problem, it has turned out to be exactly the opposite."
Alcohol impairment and cannabis impairment are different creatures. With alcohol you want to drive aggressively and fast. After a reefer, you want to find the right tunes to play. You might miss your exit once in a while, but you probably won't kill anyone. And yes, I just smoked a reefer and no I am not driving. Maybe we need a forum stonedpuck.
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Ice Player For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #1480
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A little early to pass judgement, it sounds like one of the major reasons is that CPS does not have a reliable method for testing.
Which really makes me want to lol at the ONE dood that got busted. What was he up to to be the only person in a city the size of Calgary to get charged?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote