Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #1281
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Unless they’re hiding tickets again, it looks like all that’s left is the $90 and $100 tickets left for the Whitecaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #1282
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't get over how much fun taking the rose and crown bus is. I went today and bought tickets for every weekend game for the remainder of the season. I am even looking into drop in soccer leagues to get my fix. All my you tube searches are based around soccer traditions. This team has tapped into my addictive personality, and its all I can do to keep from giving them all my money.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM   #1283
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Some of those $100 seats are likely reserved and will be released, but yeah. I think sales are above last weekend's Hamilton game.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #1284
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so stoked for July 10th, I think it'll be an outstanding match.

A lot of people think there's a huge gap in talent, but I really don't think that's the case. Vancouver has the better roster, but a lot can happen in a two game series. The US Open Cup is a pretty good indicator of what we can expect, and as you'll note, there are a few USL teams that have knocked out MLS teams:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_U.S._Open_Cup
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #1285
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
I'm so stoked for July 10th, I think it'll be an outstanding match.

A lot of people think there's a huge gap in talent, but I really don't think that's the case. Vancouver has the better roster, but a lot can happen in a two game series. The US Open Cup is a pretty good indicator of what we can expect, and as you'll note, there are a few USL teams that have knocked out MLS teams:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_U.S._Open_Cup
I booked the next day off of work, and am ready to bring the heat.

Vancouver has been playing decent as of late, they are 2 wins 3 losses and 5 draws in their last ten. With their last loss 6 games ago. But maybe a little bit of over confidence will play into out hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #1286
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its also worth point out that both teams only play 3 more games before they meet. So they will be decently rested. The fact that CFC plays pacific twice and york9 doesn't really help them warm up though.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #1287
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

The away leg at BC Place could be tons of fun. I'm a bit sad I can't do that this year.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #1288
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
The away leg at BC Place could be tons of fun. I'm a bit sad I can't do that this year.
I could do it, a part of me wants to know if it will be competitive, and that I wouldn't be alone before I spend the money.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 06-25-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #1289
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I could do it, a part of me wants to know if it will be competitive, and that I wouldn't be alone before I spend the money.
I think that would be great. I looked and couldn't see an away section though? Surely they must have one?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #1290
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I think we've got a few folks going. Not sure where an away supporters section would be, but Whitecaps supporters have reached out to me to get the conversation started on that. I'm looking into what section is the away section and what the process to get tickets in that section would be.

As for whether the match will be competitive, MLS clubs traditionally play weaker sides in these games to rest starters. I would imagine Whitecaps would play a number of squad players and prospects in the first leg, and then a stronger squad in the second leg if they need to. Whereas Cavalry would want to bring their best squad and use league games to rest players, especially as they will likely will the Spring season and already have their spot in the final.

No MLS side has been knocked out by a non-MLS side in the history of the competition since it went to a knockout format in 2011 though.

Last edited by shermanator; 06-25-2019 at 01:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #1291
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone who watches Copa90, you're probably aware of the FIFA and Chill series where they interview footballers while playing FIFA. Well, there is now a CPL version of this.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #1292
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

$218 round trip for the game in Vancouver on Flair Air right now. That's almost tempting.

Last edited by Resolute 14; 06-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #1293
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
$218 round trip for the game in Vancouver on Flair Air right now. That's almost tempting.
It's definitely tempting, but I would only want to sit in a supporters section. I don't want ~500 fans strewn about BC Place as that doesn't sound fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #1294
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Until they cancel your flight
Old 06-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #1295
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I think we've got a few folks going. Not sure where an away supporters section would be, but Whitecaps supporters have reached out to me to get the conversation started on that. I'm looking into what section is the away section and what the process to get tickets in that section would be.
I was there in March for the Whitecaps vs. Sounders, and the official away section was way up at the top of 218 or 219 or around there (direct opposite corner of the Southsiders). They were actually quite hard to see due to the shadow of the overhang there, but they were certainly heard. I'm not sure if that is a permanent location, or something that the club sets up due to the number of Seattle, Portland, etc. fans that typically make the trip.

Personally, I'd reach out to the Whitecaps admin directly and see if they can set aside a little chunk. Or at least give you some suggestions.

And of course, it sounds like you are already in touch with supporters groups there. I believe that they've got a few different groups.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #1296
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was just reading up on the US open cup. The fact that Saint Louis (USLC) and New Mexico United (USLC) have made it all the way to the Quarterfinals ( both beating two MLS teams) has me very optimistic about the Cavalry's chances.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #1297
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Whitecaps front office reached out to us with the following information for the Cavalry / Whitecaps game on June 24 at BC Place.

- The visiting supporters section is 218-219. We currently have rows CC and DD in that section reserved. This means we currently have 12 seats. I just checked and 4 have been sold.
- The Whitecaps front office monitors the section and will open up more rows to us should we sell out the two rows allotted.
- Use the link below to access away game tickets. Enter code CGYVSVAN19 to gain access to the away section.
- Any tickets purchased for the game will not be available via the CPL app.
- If anyone has issues with getting tickets, email fanrelations@whitecapsfc.com
- Game opens an hour before kickoff. Enter using gate C.
- If there are any supporter items planned, let us know and we can work with the Whitecaps front office.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/whi...6QHtnqbwFlpk0A

Last edited by shermanator; 06-25-2019 at 06:22 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #1298
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I made some July desktop calendars. They were inspired by AC, but I am not as good as AC, so these calendars aren't as good, but what the hell they work.

https://imgur.com/gallery/L3FN0Vp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #1299
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Whitecaps link above no longer has the Cavs game on there. I was mainly checking for price comparison, but it’s gone...perhaps they sold the 12 seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2019, 11:13 AM   #1300
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I checked last night but always got thrown an error. I actually think it's not yet set up.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge