Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Thumbs up the the Canon G6020

I got tired of buying Ink, so last weekend I went out determined to replace my Ink Jet printer with maybe a color laser. I don't print much, but its annoying to whip through a pack of paper worth of printing and have to put out $100.00 for ink.

While I was at Best Buy I looked at the color pronters, then came across the Canon G6020 ink jet, with the ink tanks. It was pretty cheap at about $350 bucks so I bought it. I asked about the amount of ink that came with it and the sales person said its a starter kit, you should probably buy more. I didn't but I will say that the 3 color bottle and 1 black come out to about $100.00 but they're sizable bottles.

I took it home, put it together and then pulled the ink out 3 ginormous color bottles. Magenta Blue and yellow and three huge Black bottles.

I filled up the tanks. And decided to give it a run. I've been working on my playbook for football, and decided to print it out. Now my football playbook is like my bible, its every offense I've designed and run over the last 7 years. Every Ace, Full House backfield, spread option etc. About a 400 page book.

Now if I printed this on my old office jet, I'd probably have to buy multiple high capacity ink cartridges.

But I fired this up and let it print. Its not the fastest printer, about 15 pages per minute, and probably slower on some of the denser pages. The print quality is good. But here's the thing

After printing about 500 pages this weekend. this is my ink situation. The black is on the left side, the other three color tanks on the right

Spoiler!

So why am I posting this? Because from a pure economics standpoint, this looks like a very good deal.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have the Canon 7020 and I will second what you mentioned about ink. The reservoirs just seem to keep going and going. Plus as you mentioned I also got the 3 colour bottles but also the 3 huge black ink bottles.

I would absolutely recommend for anybody needing a new printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #3
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do ink tanks dry out like the old ink jet cartridges do?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #4
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ further to Buff's question, do the feed lines from tanks to the print heads/nozzles dry up and clog if not used regularly?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Can't tell you yet. The print heads are pretty easy to replace though. Every review dosen't mention gummed lines or anything like that. For the most part the reviews are 4/5 with the draw backs being its a little slow, and it lacks a document feeder for the scanner.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #6
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just wondering why you wouldn't have gone with a colour laser? They are faster, cheaper on consumables, and generally far more reliable. Unless you need really good photo prints, I don't know why anyone buys inkjet these days.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #7
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought the Epson 3710 with tanks, absolutely great!

Saved a ton on buying cartridges!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:31 AM   #8
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a Brother 3-1 B&W laser, I have no idea what type of cartridge it uses, I don't use it a lot but I do know it's been going strong for 6 or 7 years, I think I paid $110.00 for it.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:33 AM   #9
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I have a Brother 3-1 B&W laser, I have no idea what type of cartridge it uses, I don't use it a lot but I do know it's been going strong for 6 or 7 years, I think I paid $110.00 for it.
When it's time for new toner consider buying a Mustache brand from 123Ink. A fraction of the cost and work just like the Brother brand.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: