Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 06-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #4761
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
my problem is the wife. I'm a bit hesitant on the idea of shedding my mask, but looking to do so as I feel comfortable.
she's of the opinion that my kid and I should still wear masks at all times for the foreseeable future.

The hard part is going to be navigating the family dynamic of mask wearing.
Depends on the situation I think too. What are case levels like? Specifically for variants. What % of the pop is fully vaccinated? Where are you going? Somewhere packed, indoors with poor ventilation?

If I'm going to home depot at 8am on a sunday, I think I'm fine. It's a giant store with like 5 people in the building.

If it is going to a concert at Mac Hall, well then I'll definitely be making that decision based on case/vaccine levels. Same for an airplane, Flames game etc. In fact, i don't think I'll ever get on a plane maskless again. At least not when going on a big vacation. Gotten sick once too many times right as my vacation started.

Then again, I'm in the masks are no big deal category of people. Many people seem to hate masks with a passion to the point that masks all by themselves are making COVID unbearable. I'm glad I'll be able to continue to wear one when I want to without it having any negative effect on my enjoyment of the outing/situation.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #4762
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Depends on the situation I think too. What are case levels like? Specifically for variants. What % of the pop is fully vaccinated? Where are you going? Somewhere packed, indoors with poor ventilation?

If I'm going to home depot at 8am on a sunday, I think I'm fine. It's a giant store with like 5 people in the building.

If it is going to a concert at Mac Hall, well then I'll definitely be making that decision based on case/vaccine levels. Same for an airplane, Flames game etc. In fact, i don't think I'll ever get on a plane maskless again. At least not when going on a big vacation. Gotten sick once too many times right as my vacation started.

Then again, I'm in the masks are no big deal category of people. Many people seem to hate masks with a passion to the point that masks all by themselves are making COVID unbearable. I'm glad I'll be able to continue to wear one when I want to without it having any negative effect on my enjoyment of the outing/situation.
If you are 2-weeks post second dose none of that matters. It's business as usual
Old 06-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #4763
Fighting Banana Slug
First Line Centre

Exp:

I do think it likely that many more people will where masks on planes/transit, just to reduce the risk of illness, Covid or not. Not everyone mind you, but I wouldn't be shocked if say 20% regularly wear masks in close quarters. Hopefully those that aren't feeling well will wear one.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #4764
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Yeah god forbid someone try and avoid getting sick. lol
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 08:38 AM   #4765
Fighting Banana Slug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Yeah god forbid someone try and avoid getting sick. lol
One can dream.

I am thinking that wearing one in my office might be beneficial, and not for health reasons. People tend to pop by and ask a question "that will only take a minute". Right. Maybe if I don a mask, they will stay the #### away. I should be friendlier, but I am not.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 08:38 AM   #4766
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
I do think it likely that many more people will where masks on planes/transit, just to reduce the risk of illness, Covid or not. Not everyone mind you, but I wouldn't be shocked if say 20% regularly wear masks in close quarters. Hopefully those that aren't feeling well will wear one.
Iíd rather people stay home if possible when not feeling well (the one thing that I truly hope sticks around from this pandemic) but agreed if itís necessary that they wear masks in close quarters.

Once I am 2 weeks post 2nd dose though I have no intention of wearing a mask in situations where it isnít mandated.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #4767
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
I think I'd be pretty happy with 88% of eligible Canadians getting jabbed.

I repeat that I think 70% is too low a bar.

How many folks are actually ineligible? Plus children under 12? If only 70% of eligible people get jabbed, and I'm just guessing here, but I'd think only 50% of the actual population is jabbed.
CroFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #4768
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I think I'd be pretty happy with 88% of eligible Canadians getting jabbed.

I repeat that I think 70% is too low a bar.

How many folks are actually ineligible? Plus children under 12? If only 70% of eligible people get jabbed, and I'm just guessing here, but I'd think only 50% of the actual population is jabbed.
I was under the impression that the percentages of total eligible has been age based only. Adding people of eligible age but who can’t take a vaccine for a medical reason would have been a data collecting monster if it’s own, and likely completely unnecessary. So a ton of wasted effort when we can’t afford it. Not out only that, it makes the goal harder to reach… so for political reasons it would have been silly to push for that.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #4769
rohara66
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

How would you guys navigate this one.

• Wife is pregnant, due date is end of July.
  • Iím full vaccinated but sheís only had her first shot and wont be able to get her second for 3+ weeks due to other vaccines sheís needed to get.
  • Iím working in an office where covid is virtually over, low mask wearing, people starting to hold in person meetings.
Would you still keep everything on personal lockdown. Iím bailing on all in person meetings and lunch events. And weíre not really planning on doing much for the next month with my thinking that A) I canít get sick with anything or else I canít go in the hospital and B) I donít want to pass anything onto my wife before she gets her second shot.

Am I falling into the paranoid group without really knowing it?
rohara66 is online now   Reply With Quote