Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #2401
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Late to the game... but I have played Hades for the last 2 weeks. I've never played a rogue like before and man, this game is combinations of major addiction to ennui depending on the random skill sets you get per run.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:17 AM   #2402
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Metroid Dread! New 2D Metroid. I'm in.

Stream here:
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:32 AM   #2403
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Advance Wars is back! E3 is won!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:33 AM   #2404
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Advance Wars!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #2405
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love Advance Wars. To bad it's mostly a remake, but I'll take it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #2406
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the Metroid Dread title. If you were a Metroid fan in the early 2000s and were keeping up with developer interviews and other rumor tidbits on the internet, this game appears to be all those things made into reality, including the title. I'll have to check out the Treehouse stream later but the game really looks like Samus Returns on the Switch, which is either good or bad depending on how you felt about that game.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #2407
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Breath of the Wild sequel announced for 2022, can't wait!
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #2408
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah a good comment I saw online is if you grew up playing GBA and spent a lot of time on Advance Wars, Wario Ware, and Metroid Fusion then this E3 really spoke to you. Which I did. I thought it was great!

ESPECIALLY Advance Wars. I had given up hope on that series ever coming back.

The new Mario Party looks really great too, and Shin Megami Tensei V. Nintendo has a real solid fall / holiday lined up.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #2409
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I actually laughed out loud when I saw the Metroid Dread title. If you were a Metroid fan in the early 2000s and were keeping up with developer interviews and other rumor tidbits on the internet, this game appears to be all those things made into reality, including the title. I'll have to check out the Treehouse stream later but the game really looks like Samus Returns on the Switch, which is either good or bad depending on how you felt about that game.
I love Metroid Zero Mission. One of the most surprising additions was the stealth stuff near the end, I loved that. This looks like it has the potential to capture some of that, I just hope it isn't to irritating. And they leave exploration open. Fusion really annoyed me for that. Constantly locking you out of the main part of Metroid, the exploration.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #2410
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #2411
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I love Metroid Zero Mission. One of the most surprising additions was the stealth stuff near the end, I loved that. This looks like it has the potential to capture some of that, I just hope it isn't to irritating. And they leave exploration open. Fusion really annoyed me for that. Constantly locking you out of the main part of Metroid, the exploration.
What worried early-2000s me when reading (and arguing about) all the speculation for Dread was how it sounded a lot like another type of Fusion game, so you might not be happy about that. Since it's been a long time since all those discussions, I'm hoping MercuryStream has extensively tweaked the design ideas into something better.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #2412
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Yeah a good comment I saw online is if you grew up playing GBA and spent a lot of time on Advance Wars, Wario Ware, and Metroid Fusion then this E3 really spoke to you. Which I did. I thought it was great!

ESPECIALLY Advance Wars. I had given up hope on that series ever coming back.

The new Mario Party looks really great too, and Shin Megami Tensei V. Nintendo has a real solid fall / holiday lined up.
It's only 5 boards again and is using the exact same visuals and UI as the last Mario Party which never got any support or DLC after release

For an $80 game it's super lazy, these boards and mini-games should really just be a DLC pack for the last Mario Party

If they support this version and have future DLC with more boards/mini-games it might be worth it, but right now it's disappointing
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 09:16 PM   #2413
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ If it were a $40 DLC, they’d get my money. But I can’t justify a second, full price Mario Party, so they’ll be getting $0. Strange decision.

I also found the Zelda stuff a bit underwhelming. BOTW2 was always going to be 2022 barring a shock late-2021 date. Skyward Sword wasn’t new news. But I also know that another anniversary re-make like Ocarina of Time was very unlikely as well, but it would’ve been nice to have been surprised by something.

I’m currently playing Twilight Princess on the wii for the first time, so I don’t have time for anymore Zelda before Skyward Sword anyway. So I’ll quit me bitchin’.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 10:57 PM   #2414
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Watching these videos definitely made me more excited for Metroid Dread. It's a faster, more fluid Samus Returns style gameplay system. It's on a big planet and Adam isn't blocking your progress. Perfect. The EMMI robot sections look pretty great too, and I'm glad that the game alternates between traditional Metroid gameplay and those stalking sections.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:41 AM   #2415
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
^ If it were a $40 DLC, they’d get my money. But I can’t justify a second, full price Mario Party, so they’ll be getting $0. Strange decision.

I also found the Zelda stuff a bit underwhelming. BOTW2 was always going to be 2022 barring a shock late-2021 date. Skyward Sword wasn’t new news. But I also know that another anniversary re-make like Ocarina of Time was very unlikely as well, but it would’ve been nice to have been surprised by something.

I’m currently playing Twilight Princess on the wii for the first time, so I don’t have time for anymore Zelda before Skyward Sword anyway. So I’ll quit me bitchin’.
Well Super Mario Party was never a really great game… if you sell it now for $40 and slap that cash down on a preorder for the new one you’re basically in the same spot.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #2416
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Well Super Mario Party was never a really great game… if you sell it now for $40 and slap that cash down on a preorder for the new one you’re basically in the same spot.
Fair point. The only trouble is that the game is finally getting played by my kid and his cousins (online) since the update, so I'd have to convince that family to do the same. And I think that they bought digitally.

Really I'm just complaining about my own scenario. As long as they're enjoying the first one and aren't pushing for the new one, I'll just ride that out.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:48 AM   #2417
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Advance Wars is back! E3 is won!
Has anyone here played Wargroove? it's an indie clone of Advance Wars. I love advance wars as a kid and I really enjoyed Wargroove too. Wargroove has this cool feature where you can download campaigns from the community. That's full campaigns with cutscenes and stories, not just maps.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wireframe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #2418
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireframe View Post
Has anyone here played Wargroove? it's an indie clone of Advance Wars. I love advance wars as a kid and I really enjoyed Wargroove too. Wargroove has this cool feature where you can download campaigns from the community. That's full campaigns with cutscenes and stories, not just maps.
It looked really good. I picked it up (physical too) but have not gotten into it much yet.

I think it was much better than the tiny metal release that was disappointing.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #2419
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Snagged the Metroid Dread special edition and amiibo pack when they went up on The Source. Just lucked out. You have to be PS5-quick to get these. Very happy I managed to!
Old 06-28-2021, 05:37 PM   #2420
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Anyone have the new Mario Golf?

Thoughts?