Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2021, 10:48 AM   #61
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
He's become a top tier coach. I'd wager his preference has more to do with winning, which is simply a tougher proposition in Canada (due largely to accelerated rebuilds). NYR and PHI aren't exactly cupcake markets...they may not be fishbowls, but still plenty of scrutiny.
The fact he’s a top tier coach is basically my point. When he took the Habs and Canucks jobs he wasn’t, so he took whatever he could get. After that, he had options, whatever the reasons might be. Saying “of course he’d coach in Canada because he’s from Quebec and took other jobs in Canada” is assuming a lot and there’s evidence to suggest he might prefer other places.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #62
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Kevin Lowe has more rings, and he knows a thing or two about winning. Having success a decade or more ago is irrelevant. What you hove done lately is all that matters. Also, can you coach different teams and different types of talent? I'm still not sure Sutter can do that, and except for that last four game set against Vancouver, the results from this season were worse than Ward's. I can respect Sutter's accomplishments from the past, and the success he had in LA, but I can also see the style his teams play, the make up of the teams, and immediately see they are incongruent with the current roster of the Calgary Flames. Wrong coach for this team, unless they want to remake the entire team.
Lowe has zero success as a coach or manager so that is a terrible comparison. Decades lol...Sutter won a cup in 2014. He is a more decorated coach than 3 playoff appearance Gallant and there is no argument.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:32 AM   #63
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Lowe has zero success as a coach or manager so that is a terrible comparison. Decades lol...Sutter won a cup in 2014. He is a more decorated coach than 3 playoff appearance Gallant and there is no argument.
Woosh hahaha
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #64
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Not good enough for the Flames.
Did you want 2 head coaches?
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:11 PM   #65
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Woosh hahaha
Woosh yourself...read his post again it wasn't a joke he actually thinks Gallant is a better coach because....something