Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #201
DT77
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Further to my last point above, these are from ColorWerx - a fantastic blog that has identified ALL of the colours for every team for every jersey/logo in their history.

1980-81 thru 1993-94 ie. The original sweaters

1994-95 thru 2006-07 ie. The pedestal AND cup-run sweaters

2007-08 thru Present ie. Um, what we have right now... duh.

If you go to the page I've linked above, you can see the same done for each random patch and secondary logo we've ever had plus the Heritage Classic jersey, etc. etc.

What I think is so fascinating is that it's apparently the yellow that has changed so "drastically".
DT77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DT77 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #202
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT77 View Post
Further to my last point above, these are from ColorWerx - a fantastic blog that has identified ALL of the colours for every team for every jersey/logo in their history.

1980-81 thru 1993-94 ie. The original sweaters

1994-95 thru 2006-07 ie. The pedestal AND cup-run sweaters

2007-08 thru Present ie. Um, what we have right now... duh.

If you go to the page I've linked above, you can see the same done for each random patch and secondary logo we've ever had plus the Heritage Classic jersey, etc. etc.

What I think is so fascinating is that it's apparently the yellow that has changed so "drastically".
I was just going to post this! You beat me to it. Calgary has always had the same red, but depending on jersey material and company, the shades of red can be different, plus the fact that they may fade in the wash, etc.
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #203
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
I was just going to post this! You beat me to it. Calgary has always had the same red, but depending on jersey material and company, the shades of red can be different, plus the fact that they may fade in the wash, etc.
If the shade is different it's not the same red
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #204
Dr. Pepper
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Hey these are great! Would it be too much trouble to ask you to show these with the current number style on the back, numbers on the arms below the shoulder color area, with a captain's "C" on the front? That would give a real nice idea of the full look!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT77 View Post
Yes, I can do that once I get the time. Do we want to continue with the current number set or go back to the 80s style?
I think in the spirit of your "slightly updated classic design", I guess I'd like to see a slightly more modern number set - so I guess it doesn't have to be the same as the current set in use exactly (although I like them OK), but not the same as the 80's numbers.

Last edited by Dr. Pepper; 05-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Dr. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #205
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
using the kings jersey.....

Cool, but what I was referring to was these ones:

Removing the silver and simply replace it with red and the logo with the Flames, and I think that'd look pretty sweet. I'm not a fan of the gold on the Flames jersey.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #206
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingC4Life! View Post
You need to get your eyes checked. I've got over 20 jerseys hanging in my closet right now. My vintage Flames jersey and my retro are NOT the same red as my 04 or my RBK. Argue all you like but they aren't.

Regardless of their shade of red it still doesn't change the fact that going full-time to the 70's colours is following the leader behind the Oilers and Canucks into pure ugly hell. The current jerseys need a minor tweek, or revert to the 04 look. A 3rd alternate that suits this team and city is long over due. What's old is old, plain and simple. Calgary is a city moving upward and onward not trying to pull themselves out of the toilet or attempting to erase modern failings by re-living past ones. If the Flames go full-time retro they will lose my annual jersey sales which I know is far more money than most out there spend in a decade on jerseys. Read that, Ken King. 5 jerseys per season lost for maybe 1 new sold per decade.
They are the exact same red, I just checked mine too. Compare red up in the shoulders, it's the same material. The sleeves are different materials and gives it the illusion of a deeper red
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #207
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Which team in the NHL wears anything similar to the RBK Edge jerseys? Oh wait none? Maybe that's why so many believe them to be aomgnst the best in the league, original and far better than trying to relive the early 80's 30 years later.

People are rediculous. "Oh Edmonton sucks! They wear sweatpants with dress shoes, have a Z-Roc on blocks in their front yeard and everyone gets their mullet cut at the giant mall. Hahahaha they suck so bad! Now let's copy them because that will make us cool!"
The flames have a standard RBK design that half the teams switched to in 07, The only original part is the flags.
Actually, most people say we have some of the worst jerseys, except the retro, which most people really like. RBK was the worst thing to happen, and teams are slowly switching back to a more traditional look (EDM, TOR, PHI, BUF). Some teams it worked, like Washington, but even they brought in a retro. Obviously most fans prefer the traditional look.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #208
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
I really really like this. This as a third jersey would be really cool. I'd buy it in a minute.

...However, I hope once the Flames get back to the playoffs that this jersey wouldn't ruin the C of Red.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #209
FlamingC4Life!
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
The flames have a standard RBK design that half the teams switched to in 07, The only original part is the flags.
Actually, most people say we have some of the worst jerseys, except the retro, which most people really like. RBK was the worst thing to happen, and teams are slowly switching back to a more traditional look (EDM, TOR, PHI, BUF). Some teams it worked, like Washington, but even they brought in a retro. Obviously most fans prefer the traditional look.

Which other NHL team has the same design as the Flames? Not jersey cut and material, the design? None. None have the verticle striping. None have the thin colour bars at the bottom. None do. None had that coming into the RBK Edge era. They were original designs not copied by anyone else.

<removed>

Teams are "switching back" to a traditional look because they designed terrible jerseys and have had numerous ones throught the years. The Oilers RBK Edge was horrible. The Sabers changed schemes 3 times in a decade. The Caps updated their older look and lost the bald eagle. None of this has anything to do with the RBK Edge material which created problem. All teams designed their own jerseys, not some guy at RBK making up what he felt they should be. The Oilers are trying to get fans to buy-in to the 80's mind-set to forget the fact their team and city are complete crap-holes. And their new/old jerseys look dated, sad and just like the rest of their city stuck in the 80's. The Flames should want nothing to do with coping anything that organization does.

<removed>

Last edited by Moderator; 05-10-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Insult, trolling
FlamingC4Life! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #210
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Which other NHL team has the same design as the Flames? Not jersey cut and material, the design? None. None have the verticle striping. None have the thin colour bars at the bottom. None do. None had that coming into the RBK Edge era. They were original designs not copied by anyone else.

<removed>

Teams are "switching back" to a traditional look because they designed terrible jerseys and have had numerous ones throught the years. The Oilers RBK Edge was horrible. The Sabers changed schemes 3 times in a decade. The Caps updated their older look and lost the bald eagle. None of this has anything to do with the RBK Edge material which created problem. All teams designed their own jerseys, not some guy at RBK making up what he felt they should be. The Oilers are trying to get fans to buy-in to the 80's mind-set to forget the fact their team and city are complete crap-holes. And their new/old jerseys look dated, sad and just like the rest of their city stuck in the 80's. The Flames should want nothing to do with coping anything that organization does.

<removed>
Please, alot of teams had similar designs to the Flames. The Capitals and Avalanche have vertical striping. Nashville used to. plenty of teams have the bottom bars. Sure the jerseys are a little different from every other team, but they're pretty typical of the RBK jerseys (ie-piping, no lower stripes). The flames are one of those teams that had a bad design. Not as bad as the oilers, but still pretty bad. I would be fine with going back to the early '00s jerseys, or a new design. But our current jerseys are below average. I don't really care what the oilers do.

Edit: Theres no reason to be a deltabravo. If you disagree just say so without the insults.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #211
JerryUnderscore
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Please, please stop both of you. I'm pretty sure the rest of us couldn't care less if they are the same shade of red or not. Our colors are red, yellow, black and white, does the exact shade mater?

Can we finally get back to the topic at hand and discuss where our jerseys could go from here?

I like the black ones with "FLAMES" diagonally down the from. It's very Bolts-esque.

I still maintain that my jersey design with the circle logo a la Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Florida would also be a good third jersey.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #212
Artie Fufkin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Go with the jersey's of 89. A win is a win.
Artie Fufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #213
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryUnderscore View Post
Please, please stop both of you. I'm pretty sure the rest of us couldn't care less if they are the same shade of red or not. Our colors are red, yellow, black and white, does the exact shade mater?

Can we finally get back to the topic at hand and discuss where our jerseys could go from here?

I like the black ones with "FLAMES" diagonally down the from. It's very Bolts-esque.

I still maintain that my jersey design with the circle logo a la Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Florida would also be a good third jersey.
Sure, I tried PM, but that didn't work. Nonetheless on the other jerseys, I hate the idea of Flames diagonally. Maybe if it hadn't been done before it would look ok, but it's an obvious rip-off.

I don't like the ongoing interest in having a secondary logo, whether is a flaming Cal Tower, a map of Alberta with a flame on it or anything else ... why not just have it blank?

I do love the matte black or grayish one with the different font. That one is original, looks good (although I suspect only as a 3rd, that may get tiring after awhile) and very creative.

If we did go to new primary jerseys I wish we went back to the old colors. Having BFBS is pretty old now. Might as well have a teal one while we are at it.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #214
FlamingC4Life!
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Please, alot of teams had similar designs to the Flames. The Capitals and Avalanche have vertical striping. Nashville used to. plenty of teams have the bottom bars. Sure the jerseys are a little different from every other team, but they're pretty typical of the RBK jerseys (ie-piping, no lower stripes). The flames are one of those teams that had a bad design. Not as bad as the oilers, but still pretty bad. I would be fine with going back to the early '00s jerseys, or a new design. But our current jerseys are below average. I don't really care what the oilers do.
Please show me these designs which matched the Flames RBK Edge. There are none. There are still none. You are simply trying to dog-pile on my posts without reason.

It's your opinion the Flames have a bad design. It's the opinion of many others that the design is far better than most around the league, and one of the reasons' they've not changed it in the 5 seasons since the Edge design debuted unlike the Canucks, Oilers, Sabers, Panthers, Predators, Leafs and so on.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #215
JerryUnderscore
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post
If we did go to new primary jerseys I wish we went back to the old colors. Having BFBS is pretty old now. Might as well have a teal one while we are at it.
I googled it and still found nothing. What does BFBS mean?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #216
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Black for black's sake.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #217
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
it's black for blacks sake. I picked it up here:

http://www.uni-watch.com/

It's the only blog I follow daily. It's pretty cool some of the things you learn about various jerseys.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #218
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Please show me these designs which matched the Flames RBK Edge. There are none. There are still none. You are simply trying to dog-pile on my posts without reason.
The flames just have a different combination of Edge features than every other team. I already pointed out other teams with the same features. I'm not trying to pile on, just disagree with your posts.

Quote:
It's your opinion the Flames have a bad design. It's the opinion of many others that the design is far better than most around the league, and one of the reasons' they've not changed it in the 5 seasons since the Edge design debuted unlike the Canucks, Oilers, Sabers, Panthers, Predators, Leafs and so on.
Judging from this thread, I would say its the opinion of a lot of other people also.

This website ranked all 90 jerseys worn in 10/11. The retros were 4th. Heritage classic jerseys were 51st. Home reds were 55th. Whites were 69th.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011...11-part-1.html
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #219
FlamingC4Life!
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The flames just have a different combination of Edge features than every other team. I already pointed out other teams with the same features. I'm not trying to pile on, just disagree with your posts.

Judging from this thread, I would say its the opinion of a lot of other people also.

This website ranked all 90 jerseys worn in 10/11. The retros were 4th. Heritage classic jerseys were 51st. Home reds were 55th. Whites were 69th.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011...11-part-1.html
Which other NHL team has the side stripes which extend down to the pants? Yes, you are piling on because you are not correct.

One website does not equate to the vast majority. I've been in all kinds of places talking to all sorts of people who've loved the jersey, both in/around NHL buildings and random people in completely non-NHL contexts who'd not even know that website and it's poll exist. And considering that poll lits the HC jerseys, which seem to be loathed by so many in places such as this, ahead of the current home and reds jerseys I'd find it a very skewerd poll at all. Without even looking I bet the Rangers, Habs, Blackhawks and Red Wings all rank pretty high as well. Jerseys which haven't changed in eons much and will always be ranked highly.

* Nevermind I just looked at the poll and considering the Oilers 80's were first and both ugly "retro" Can####s jerseys in the top 11 and their other putrid VANCOUVER jerseys above the Flames home and road completely kills any credibility this poll should have on the future of the jerseys worn by the Calgary Flames.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #220
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Locked for moderator review, though it might take a while, I don't want to try and sift through this jersey measuring contest tonight.

EDIT: Ok tried to clean it up, please continue on the subject of the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: