Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #161
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Basically you can trust JB Power about as much as you can the BBB. You can buy your way into a good rating so what's the point
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 08:38 AM   #162
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

^The other one I always laugh about it is Google reviews. Any business can buy them cheap in bulk (all fake of course). Ever wonder how a car dealer can have over 3,000 reviews and still maintain a 4.99 star rating on Google? Because 99% of the 5 star reviews are created by a bot
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:47 AM   #163
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
^The other one I always laugh about it is Google reviews. Any business can buy them cheap in bulk (all fake of course). Ever wonder how a car dealer can have over 3,000 reviews and still maintain a 4.99 star rating on Google? Because 99% of the 5 star reviews are created by a bot
Or like "international motor cars" in Calgary, reporting any negative review as trolling and getting them removed while stockpiling positive reviews from staff and bots
Old 07-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #164
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
IDK, I don't see a lot of bot reviews on Google Reviews. Do you have an example? I just looked at Advantage Ford as an example and they have about 700 reviews. I couldn't find a single one that seemed fake. If an interaction goes well, they ask you to leave a review. If you have a good experience with a salesperson and they ask you to leave a review as it can affect their compensation, you'd be kind of a jerk not to take the one minute to leave them one.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 08:56 AM   #165
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Or like "international motor cars" in Calgary, reporting any negative review as trolling and getting them removed while stockpiling positive reviews from staff and bots
Hah, good luck getting a Google review removed. It's not easy and it doesn't happen. I think their slew of negative reviews kind of proves that.

International Motor Cars has a 4.2 with 156 reviews. Doesn't seem crazy. Get your friends to write some five star reviews to balance out the bad. Ask customers with good experiences to write reviews and you get a decent score.

As a business, you basically have to figure out a way to balance bad reviews with good. Somebody having a bad day and having a bad experience is way more likely to leave a review (and it will be spiteful, malicious, and 25% true in my experience) versus somebody that has an adequate-to-great experience. You absolutely need to balance out bad reviews by proactively soliciting good reviews. I don't see businesses doing that by using bots - it's too obvious and Google is too smart to let that happen.

But yeah, you can't just let your business sit there with 1.8 stars or something. It'll fata you up way too bad.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #166
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Hah, good luck getting a Google review removed. It's not easy and it doesn't happen. I think their slew of negative reviews kind of proves that.
They did get over 100 removed a year or two ago because they were getting review bombed for their shady practices, but a lot of those people weren't actual customers just people that read about their shiestiness so that's why Google played along for a little bit and actually removed them
Old 07-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #167
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
They did get over 100 removed a year or two ago because they were getting review bombed for their shady practices, but a lot of those people weren't actual customers just people that read about their shiestiness so that's why Google played along for a little bit and actually removed them
Okay, well that's fair. If they got doxxed then Google should remove the reviews. That's way different than them having bad legitimate reviews removed, which is basically impossible to do.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #168
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Basically you can trust JB Power about as much as you can the BBB. You can buy your way into a good rating so what's the point
It's amazing the amount of misinformation on the internet. Consumers can probably thank JD power for a lot of improvements in automobiles over the years. Here's a good read for those that really want to learn a bit about JD Power today. There is a particularly interesting story of how Power predicted GM's decline in the 90's;

https://jalopnik.com/everything-you-...r-a-1818818969

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-07-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #169
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Okay, well that's fair. If they got doxxed then Google should remove the reviews. That's way different than them having bad legitimate reviews removed, which is basically impossible to do.
Imo they were legitimate. Pointing out illegal activities should be allowed whether you've shopped there or not
Old 07-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #170
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Imo they were legitimate. Pointing out illegal activities should be allowed whether you've shopped there or not
That's ridiculous. The Internet isn't a courtroom and there's no way all those people doxxing a business have enough facts to make a judgement that can sink a company. Maybe IMC deserved them, but if we're going to say doxxing is acceptable, why don't I just get all my friends to write bad reviews for my competitors? Unmediated reviews are already troublesome enough for small businesses - it's absurd to say people who have never had a direct experience with a company should be allowed to leave reviews.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #171
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
if we're going to say doxxing is acceptable, why don't I just get all my friends to write bad reviews for my competitors?
If your competitors start posting personal information online of any customer they don't like then yeah, I say go for it
Old 07-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #172
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
That's ridiculous. The Internet isn't a courtroom
Whoa where have you been man?

That’s a tricky one, but I agree. If you haven’t used the business you shouldn’t be leaving reviews.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #173
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sliver and I are having debating two totally different points anyway.

My point isn't all reviews are fine

My point is #### IMC and any and all negative things said about them need to be read by potential customers
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #174
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Who is JD Powa?

Spoiler!
Thanks to you I just spent the last ten minutes watching all of the various Chevy advert spoofs this guy has done and they are goddamned hilarious.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #175
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The '21 Bronco looks great and it's a serious off-roader.

https://www.ford.ca/bronco/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:42 PM   #176
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watch this thing cost over 60k for decent options like the Jeep Gladiator which tops $70k.

I like the grille, but the rest looks weirdly proportioned. Side stampings reminds me of something from Rover
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #177
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Watch this thing cost over 60k for decent options like the Jeep Gladiator which tops $70k.

I like the grille, but the rest looks weirdly proportioned. Side stampings reminds me of something from Rover
Exactly.

Ford marketing knows what they’re doing.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #178
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Exactly.

Ford marketing knows what they’re doing.
If there ever was a time to bring back the Bronco this is it. SUV's will likely never be as popular as they are now and Jeep is a license to print money for Chrysler. I'm skeptical that this is going to be a massive windfall for them as it remains to be seen if there's enough buyers for this type of vehicle to divvy up between Jeep and Ford but this makes a lot more sense than investing in a sports car or sedan.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:15 AM   #179
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they nailed the look. Really like the 2 door.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 07:25 AM   #180
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Watch this thing cost over 60k
0% oac over 84 months will take care of that for ya.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post: