Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2018, 10:17 PM   #41
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Gillies + Bennett <---> Hoffman + 2nd

Maybe after the Sens deal Smith elsewhere.
Bennett believers might be irked, but I think it's pretty fair. I personally think Bennett's ceiling is a streaky 2nd line winger.
For me it’s the 6 year difference between Bennett and Hoffman that makes me not want any part of it. I’m also a believer in Gillies.

If Bennett goes out, I’d want someone who could be here for a long, long time.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #42
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Rittich can be a starter for this team. I really hope they dont trade him. Gilles on the otherhand...
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #43
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

If given the chance, Riittich will be a franchise goalie, I would bet the farm on it.
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to badradio For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #44
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Ottawa seems intent to shed salary and could use a blue chip goaltending prospect who could conceivably start next year. Flames need a sniper for that 3rd line and would prefer one with term. The catch obviously being that this wouldn't be one for one.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #45
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Goalies are weird.

If you think Parsons and/or Rittich have a future in your starters net, then you take the risk and maximize your assets.

It would not surprise me in the least if Gillies becomes a star in this league, and that's okay if you can extract decent value for him in a trade.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #46
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
If given the chance, Riittich will be a franchise goalie, I would bet the farm on it.
Bold!
He's looked good in limited action, but I think franchise goalie is pushing it more than a little.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:56 PM   #47
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Its been forever since we actually had a backup goaltender who just might transition into a #1 over the next few years and seems to have the confidence of the players in front of him and now we are listening to offers on him? I hope the rumour is false wrt to Rittich.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #48
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Goalies are voodoo and difficult to project but I would be comfortable moving Gillies considering we have Rittich and Parsons both looking like future pieces.

We really need to get our third line going and if we could add a good RWer it would go along way in remedying that.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-_____

Or

Gaudreau-Monahan-_____
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Ferland

I didn't include the 4th line because what I want to see and what we will see are extremely different things.

Also, I wouldn't want to move Rittich as the guy is doing what not many backup goalies have done in Calgary.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #49
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
Sound more like guessing than anything that Rittich has shown.

Do you be the farm often?

Rittich has done well as a backup, but has a long way to go to be the next Kipper.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #50
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Not Rittich, he’s a keeper
I like puns
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yrebmi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2018, 11:04 PM   #51
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m thinking this is how it will go down.

Prices are sky high with the hopes that someone will bite. As we get closer to the deadline, prices invariably fall.

Treliving has limited assets to play so he will have to wait until the very last minute and take advantage of a team that has to move a player or lose him for nothing. This probably restricts us to rentals (teams dealing players with term have less urgency) but provided we don’t give up anything of significance, probably the right call considering where we sit in our stage of development.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #52
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Swing for the fences, hail mary: Gillies + Bennett + Fox offer for Stone. Add a pick if it helps.

Probably a non starter (I don't think they will move him), but I think that at least doesn't get us hung up on off the bat...
If we’re moving a d prospect I’d hope it would be Kylington. Most holes in his game and Fox honestly imo could have the highest ceiling
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #53
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
If we’re moving a d prospect I’d hope it would be Kylington. Most holes in his game and Fox honestly imo could have the highest ceiling
That's exactly why I put him as part of the package. And I still don't think that would get it done.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #54
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm in a very small minority but I do NOT want Mike Hoffman.

He is at the very tail end of his prime statistically speaking. He would be good for the rwmainder of thos year for fiximg flaws short term. I don't want to se Treliving go full Sutter emptying the cupboards foe aging vets.

If its not any one named Stone, Pageau, Chabot and mayne Dzigngel from Ottawa then no thanks.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:19 AM   #55
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

People are so fixated on Ottawa. How about Brodie, Brouwer and Gilles for Hayden Fleury, Nicolas Roy and a 2nd?

Nicolas Roy may not be the scoring winger that they want, but he's solid 2-way, strong at faceoffs and seems to make his linemates better. Another Jankowski. Fleury is a LD reset, move Brouwer to a change of scenery, and recoup a pick.

In the aggregate, I think that the Flames do well. Carolina could use all of those players.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:53 AM   #56
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime;6568532[B
]People are so fixated on Ottawa. [/B] How about Brodie, Brouwer and Gilles for Hayden Fleury, Nicolas Roy and a 2nd?

Nicolas Roy may not be the scoring winger that they want, but he's solid 2-way, strong at faceoffs and seems to make his linemates better. Another Jankowski. Fleury is a LD reset, move Brouwer to a change of scenery, and recoup a pick.

In the aggregate, I think that the Flames do well. Carolina could use all of those players.
Thats where the Flames staff is most reported to be attending. Where there's smoke there is fire.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:56 AM   #57
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hate the idea of dealing Bennett but if we did I would want a chance at a least a tie in a trade.

How about?

Bennett, Brodie and Gillies

for

Stone, Phaneuf(2m retained)
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 01:10 AM   #58
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Hate the idea of dealing Bennett but if we did I would want a chance at a least a tie in a trade.

How about?

Bennett, Brodie and Gillies

for

Stone, Phaneuf(2m retained)
No Phanuef. Just like Stajan the game has passed him by.

What the hell would the Flames do with Phanuef?

That trade is so lopsided in flavour of the Sens it is ridiculous to even be a fantasy trade.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #59
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
People are so fixated on Ottawa. How about Brodie, Brouwer and Gilles for Hayden Fleury, Nicolas Roy and a 2nd?

I like all three pieces coming back, but you don't trade one of our best assetsfor that. Brodie on his own should command a top 6 forward at minimum. Adding in Gillies is loading up for a big fish.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:22 AM   #60
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
No Phanuef. Just like Stajan the game has passed him by.

What the hell would the Flames do with Phanuef?

That trade is so lopsided in flavour of the Sens it is ridiculous to even be a fantasy trade.
Stone is the best player in the deal by a mile and Phaneuf at $5m isn't any worst than Brodie (the last 2 years)

Actually, I would take Phaneuf on our 2nd pairing with Hammer over Brodie with ease!

The only way this favors the Sens is if Bennett turns into the stud we think he can or Gillies wins a Vezina.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post: