Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #41
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neat atmosphere, but a little disappointing to see all the empty seats. People either bought tickets and didn't show up, or people with seasons tickets didn't go. I was expecting to see the Corral packed to capacity but it was far from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Kamloops had to play game three of their series with Kelowna at the old Memorial Arena due to a scheduling conflict with the Womens World Hockey Championships. I think it's the first time they've had to use that old barn since they beat the Blades in game 7 of the 92 League final.
Lol apparently that rink doesn't even have numbered seating (just rows and rows of benches) so it was just general admission and people just sat wherever they could. No alcohol sales either.

Unfortunately a similar result for the home team as the Hitmen (Kamloops also got shut out)...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #42
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Props to Brownstown24 for being such an awesome guy and passing on his free tickets to me! I had a blast at the corral

Yeah it was disappointing to see the empty seats. You figure for a one time thing like this, more of the STHs would've showed up.

Anyways, I havent been to a Hitmen game since last season and they have been noticeably a weaker team than last year. Kanzig, although the biggest guy there, doesnt seem to play to his size. Being behind thoughout the whole game, I was hoping he'd start throwing his weight around at the Rebels

Last edited by Pizza; 04-01-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #43
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Couldn't believe all the empty seats in the Corral. I suspect the nice weather caused more than a few STH's to miss the game. Still a great atmosphere.

Hitmen looked nervous all night and had trouble generating scoring chances.

Had a chat with Bearcat Murray in the concourse.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:55 PM   #44
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

amazing atmosphere but man did the Hitmen have a brutal game.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:47 AM   #45
3rd line Grinder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The atmosphere was amazing and definitly shows how ill suited the hitmen are for the dome. As for the team play, Kanzig was dependable. The problem for him was that, like everyone else, he got less physical as the game went one because people started to realize how hard the boards are.

The hitmen in general had a really bad game, though the rebels weren't much better. Awful flow, with the second period taking over an hour to get through. However it is tough to win when you cant control the puck going in to the attacking end and its even tougher when everyone changes on the dump and chase. REally not suprising they got shut out in the end when they really didnt have any quality scoring chances...
3rd line Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:58 PM   #46
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd line Grinder View Post
The atmosphere was amazing and definitly shows how ill suited the hitmen are for the dome. As for the team play, Kanzig was dependable. The problem for him was that, like everyone else, he got less physical as the game went one because people started to realize how hard the boards are.

The hitmen in general had a really bad game, though the rebels weren't much better. Awful flow, with the second period taking over an hour to get through. However it is tough to win when you cant control the puck going in to the attacking end and its even tougher when everyone changes on the dump and chase. REally not suprising they got shut out in the end when they really didnt have any quality scoring chances...
The Hitmen couldn't make passes and had trouble controling pucks when it was in the Rebels end. Poor execution on both sides.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #47
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Rebels win 5-3 to win the series in 5 games.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:25 AM   #48
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anybody know what happened during Friday's lost to the Rebel's? I heard Hayden Fleury was smashing Hitmen helmets with his stick and skate as they were skating off the ice. The rest of the team did as well. What a disgrace of a team that Brent Sutter is coaching.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #49
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
Anybody know what happened during Friday's lost to the Rebel's? I heard Hayden Fleury was smashing Hitmen helmets with his stick and skate as they were skating off the ice. The rest of the team did as well. What a disgrace of a team that Brent Sutter is coaching.
At the end of the game Travis Sanhiem slapped the puck towards the Rebels net where players were still scrumming. He got jumped by a few Rebels players and a mele ensued after that. IMO the slap by Sanhiem wasn't very smart as players could have been hit by the puck and hurt.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #50
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
Sutter had been sending Fleury out to headhunt all series - which is among the reasons why the crowd was booing him all game long.

The Rebels have a ton of skill, and were easily the superior team this series. But they were also one of the cheapest and dirtiest teams I have seen in a long time. The WHL should be embarrassed to have that group representing the league at the Memorial Cup.

Last edited by Resolute 14; 04-03-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:22 PM   #51
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post: