Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For how many games do you believe the DOPS will suspend Alex Burrows?
1–5 games 8 7.92%
6–10 games 51 50.50%
+10 games 42 41.58%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #181
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Why would you doubt what O'Sullivan said about Burrows?

Burrows has a long and lengthy history of acting like a complete tool.

From this to biting, to publicly crying about a ref grudge, to knocking out some teenage kids teeth in a ball hockey game.
I guess I have heard O'Sullivan complaining about Burrows, the Canucks, and the city of Vancouver to such a degree that anything he says about the subject has a grain of skepticism surrounding it, particularly when it is something that is second hand information at best.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #182
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't forget Burrows taking his glove off and make drinking gestures to Shane OBrien when OBrien was a Flame.

OBrien had a known drinking problem.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #183
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calling Burrow a POS is disrespectful to the actual pile of poo, I don't understand how can anybody defends this guy.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #184
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I guess I have heard O'Sullivan complaining about Burrows, the Canucks, and the city of Vancouver to such a degree that anything he says about the subject has a grain of skepticism surrounding it, particularly when it is something that is second hand information at best.
Or, you're a Canuck fan. Aren't you?

Burrows is a vile human being, and the depravity of the subject matter O'Sullivan is attributing to Burrows would be outright insane if he was making it up.

It sounds to me more like the same old blinders that let a lot of Canuck fans look past his outright shamefulness and allowed them to cheer for him while wearing a Vancouver jersey.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 02:49 AM   #185
fanman
First Line Centre

Exp:

That article is just one more item, on a long list of reasons to dislike Spector. The timing couldn't be worse, unless he's actually trolling. It was such an obviously over the line action by Burrows.

Burrows has proven he is just one of those dirty players that will never change his ways. Good riddance, for 10 games at least. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the last time we'll hear about him doing something stupid and/or dangerous.
fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:27 AM   #186
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

That Spector article was really good. Quite clear in his condemnation of Burrows' on-ice words and actions, admitting that he liked Burrows as a person, and making it clear that he's not a hockey player, but a reporter and that Burrows was/is good for business.

Good article.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #187
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
That Spector article was really good. Quite clear in his condemnation of Burrows' on-ice words and actions, admitting that he liked Burrows as a person, and making it clear that he's not a hockey player, but a reporter and that Burrows was/is good for business.

Good article.
What?

So he's suggesting mocking someone being abused as a child or the death of family members is just "on the ice stuff" and Burrows takes the skates off and is a decent guy?

Wow. lol.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #188
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Didn't Burrows publicly apologize for the comments? That would kind of eliminate the second hand aspect of it I would say.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote