Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2022, 05:37 PM   #101
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Lol. Rage rescheduled for March 13 2023.

Nearly 3 full years from originally scheduled. Unreal.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2022, 05:44 PM   #102
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Foo Fighters scheduled for September 29, 2022 for Calgary.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:22 PM   #103
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

By far the show I'm most excited for:

The Darkness - 3/22 Calgary, AB @The Palace Theatre
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2022, 04:35 PM   #104
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Against my better judgement I purchased Foo Fighters tickets, nothing about the last two years suggest the show will take place… but maybe we’ll be lucky this time.

Still holding tickets for Propgandhi on Sept 12th, original date was Oct 2021.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:58 PM   #105
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Against my better judgement I purchased Foo Fighters tickets, nothing about the last two years suggest the show will take place… but maybe we’ll be lucky this time.

Still holding tickets for Propgandhi on Sept 12th, original date was Oct 2021.
Pre sale I'd imagine? How much and what section? I'm going to see what's available Friday, unless anyone has a presale codes?

Last edited by jayswin; 02-15-2022 at 11:02 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:00 PM   #106
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I wouldn't see it as "against better judgment". Either it keeps getting postponed and your tickets are still good for the new date(s), or it gets cancelled and you get refunded.

Better to have tickets to an awesome show assuming it goes ahead.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #107
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I wouldn't see it as "against better judgment". Either it keeps getting postponed and your tickets are still good for the new date(s), or it gets cancelled and you get refunded.

Better to have tickets to an awesome show assuming it goes ahead.
Oh just that planning anything more than 6 weeks out in the last two years has been a fool's errand.

May be a moot point now, but the presale code I used was: studio666
Old 02-16-2022, 09:20 AM   #108
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I was thinking about getting tickets to Foo Fighters just because I'm a diehard Nirvana fan and it would be cool to see Pat Smear and Grohl from that standpoint.

Unfortunately, I find Dave Grohl to be super annoying (even though I can appreciate he is very nice) and most of their music is just mediocre noise to me. They have a few songs I love, but not enough to make it bearable for me to sit through a full concert of theirs.

If Krist Novoselic ever comes here with one of his projects, I'll definitely go.

And yeah, starting to think we'll never see Rage. Haven't opted for the refund, though, as I'm holding out hope.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:29 AM   #109
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I was thinking about getting tickets to Foo Fighters just because I'm a diehard Nirvana fan and it would be cool to see Pat Smear and Grohl from that standpoint.

Unfortunately, I find Dave Grohl to be super annoying (even though I can appreciate he is very nice) and most of their music is just mediocre noise to me. They have a few songs I love, but not enough to make it bearable for me to sit through a full concert of theirs.

If Krist Novoselic ever comes here with one of his projects, I'll definitely go.

And yeah, starting to think we'll never see Rage. Haven't opted for the refund, though, as I'm holding out hope.
As much as I think the last 10 years of Foo Fighters releases are pretty meh- Dave is a hell of a frontman, they are a super tight band, and their love for what they do translates to the audience- Also they might call you up to jam

aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #110
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
As much as I think the last 10 years of Foo Fighters releases are pretty meh- Dave is a hell of a frontman, they are a super tight band, and their love for what they do translates to the audience- Also they might call you up to jam

That's pretty much my reason for going as well, their recent albums aren't the most engaging pieces of art... but it's super clear they are having the time of their lives and taking the audience along for the ride.

I last saw the Foo Fighters back in '98 and have been meaning to see em again for the last decade or so.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:10 AM   #111
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I really liked the first 2 Foo Fighters albums, after that they became so watered down and bland. I don't even pay attention to anything they release anymore.

Still a Grohl fan though and will be going to see the Studio 666 movie opening day.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:24 AM   #112
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

I like Dave Grohl as well and a few Foo Fighter songs and albums. But also find them a bit to generic and poppy, Dave is prolific and so that could be why.

Never seen them live so I may go this time.

I don't know if I saw it on here or somewhere else but after Kurt's passing Dave had thought about giving up music and went on a trip to Ireland where he had been before. He said he was out in the country somewhere in the middle of no where when he picked up a lone hitchhiker who was wearing a Kurt Cobain T-shirt. He said at that point he knew what he needed to do and went straight home and back to music.

I also liked that documentary a few years ago when they wrote songs in different cities, that was quite well done.

Last edited by Macman; 02-16-2022 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #113
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

Well with the latest announcement of dates, I'm still holding out hope that Rage is going to happen. I hope that its still going to be RATM and RTJ, because that's still so amazing to me!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #114
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

total unabashed GenXer here but was supposed to spend my 'milestone' birthday at the Boston Calling Festival 2 years ago (early COVID)- RATM, Foos, RHCP headlining the 3 nights (RTJ also performing amongst others).....the most diverse headliners of all time? no of course not- but was looking forward to it nonetheless...of course here we are 2 years later- interesting that 2 of the 3 headliners are still maybe/maybe not coming here to YYC.
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2022, 10:59 AM   #115
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

n/m to new thread.

Last edited by Macman; 02-17-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:44 AM   #116
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

The National was originally coming to Calgary Folk Fest 2020, but things kinda got in the way of that happen.

They will be coming to Calgary this August.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbsZPgmpM81/
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:02 AM   #117
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
The National was originally coming to Calgary Folk Fest 2020, but things kinda got in the way of that happen.

They will be coming to Calgary this August.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbsZPgmpM81/
They are also headlining The Edmonton Folk Music Festival.
I think aug 6.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:50 AM   #118
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked up some Elton John tickets for Saturday Oct 22 in Vancouver.

If anyone is interested I believe I have access to purchase 2 more tickets through the Amex presale. There was lots of tickets available starting around $120.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:10 PM   #119
flizzenflozz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bump--

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/porto

Looks like the Primavera Concert in Portugal is going to happen and there are a bunch of bands I'm dying to see (some for the 2nd or 3rd time). including (in no particular order):

Tame Impala, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Pavement, Interpol, Beck, Gorillaz. along with other bands of interest like Kim Gordon, DIIV Khruangbin, Dinosaur Jr that I'll for sure be checking out too.
My question is for anyone that might know of bands on the bill that would be a crime to miss. I have a bit of time to do a bit of background homework as this isn't happening for another 6 weeks.
Thanks in advance for any tips.

Last edited by flizzenflozz; 04-23-2022 at 07:28 PM.
flizzenflozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:18 PM   #120
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I would add Jehnny Beth, Shellac, and Little Simz to the must see list.I’d love to see Black Midi and 100 gecs but they’re not for everyone.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post: