Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #1001
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.
 
Superflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Airdrie\Calgary
Exp:
Default

If you have access to the wwe network go watch 205. The match between Jack Galliger and Chad Gable is amazing.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 10:01 PM   #1002
PostandIn
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Exp:
Default

This might be the best Stomper promo ever. Checkout the first couple minutes of this. Harley Race eating Carbon leather! Lol

PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:12 AM   #1003
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Stomper was amazing, but I'm going to say that the best promo he ever did was during the quick feud with Bad News Allen that pretty much ended Stampede wrestling at the time.

So strap in kiddies because there's some pre-amble and post amble.

I also want to add that this was a Bruce Hart story line that almost caused Stu to have a heart attack.

The story line was that there was the usual war with the Harts on one side and Bad News Allen and Stomper on the other. One Friday night at Stampede wrestling with a young Captain Crunch in attendance all hell broke loose.

The feud had cunulated in a six man tag team match with the Harts on one side and on the other side we had Bad News Allen and Stomper and his son Jeff, who Archie had been training to be a wrestler. (Jeff was played by wrestler Tommy Lee Jones (Not the actor) who later became Tommy Lane who found some fame as one half of the tag team Rock n Roll RPM's with Mike Davis). About half way through the match Bad News turned on Stomper and viciously attacked his son pile driving him on the concrete floor. At that moment a frenzied crowd started to basically flee in terror as some members of the audience attacked Bad News and he did what Bad News does and beat the crap out of audience members.

After they basically cleared the house, Bad News came out with a brilliant promo where he basically said "Do you see what I did to his son I broke his neck, I don't care if the son of a bitch dies". Gouldie did the most understated but most awesome promo he's ever done where he stated that he regretted getting his son into the business, that he was going to the hospital to see his son and then he was going to get the man that hurt his son.

On a side note, Kayfabe was alive and well in Stampede Wrestling and not in the winking way that it was done in New York.

Thousands of fans flooded hospitals looking for Jeff Gouldie because there was a panic that he was seriously hurt or dead. Meanwhile Tommy was spirited to the airport and rushed out of town back to Texas.

After the interview Ed quit for real, Bruce hadn't smartened him up and Ed was always a mark for himself.

The Calgary Athletic commission (A real thing back then) yanked Stampede Wrestling's license and would only restore it if Stu was willing to place a $100,000 bond which he didn't have.

The Indian Strap match was scheduled the next week at the Sarcee reservation far out of town, but it couldn't capture the passion or fury of the riot because Stu put a ton of limitations on the match. Because of the distance and a weather advisory the next weekend, the return match was poorly attended.

Furious with Bruce for the storyline that cost him so much, Stu pretty much decided to shut down Stampede Wrestling because it had been a constant drain and money loser for years, and we saw it sold to Vince McMahon.

Stampede Wrestling under Bruce had been devolving into a blood and guts show where he would bring in noted bleeders like Abdullah the butcher and other garbage wrestlers that would burn out territories with the violent matches before departing.

Look Bruce was a very creative person with two very big problems. He always put himself at the top of the card, though he just wasn't as talented as his other brothers and looked like a substitute teacher which he was. He was too reliant on shock value stuff that would burn out a territory.

Any ways here's the after riot promo's by Bad News and by Archie and the strap match.

Oh and if you want to ask, did a young Captain Crunch take part in the riot? Nope, I knew what was coming and headed for the freaking exit.

__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 07-21-2019 at 12:15 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 PM   #1004
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

As a add on, because every Friday was an event at the old pavillion.

I was there the night that the Bulldogs who had returned to Stampede Wrestling broke up.

During a match between Dynamite Kid and I think Kerry Brown. Brown hit Dynamite with a foreign object, and Davy Boy came out for the save. Thanks to some nice timing when Dynamite turned around Davy had taken the object from Kerry and was standing there holding it and Dynamite thought he'd been double crossed but they seemed to work things out.

But later in the match during Davy's match Dynamite came down to the ring and mounted the top rope with a chain and hit Davy with a wicked shot busting him open. Then Dynamite proceeded to beat the hell out of his former friend.

The emotion was amazing this kid beside me was sobbing and screaming, "He didn't do it Dynamite he didn't do it". Of course me my buddy part of the pro heel faction were counter yelling "He totally did it Dynamite, pound the bastard".

There was a near riot that night as well as a helpless Davy lay in the middle of the ring with the crimson mask while Dynamite stood over him with a look of pure hatred.

It wasn't a stretch.

In real life there were serious problems between Dynamite and Davy over everything, booking, money, Dynamites mental and physical problems. At that point they according to Dynamites book and Diana Harts book hated each other and couldn't be in the same room together.

The other thing was that Dynamite just didn't work as a smiling face because in real life, he hated the audience he performed in front of. He loved the act of wrestling but he hated entertaining the crowd, its why he was always a much better heel, and in this case he became an absolutely vicious heel.


__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #1005
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Hitman has had a rough go of it lately. Suppossedly he was invited to the Raw Reunion and didn't attend because there was nothing for him to do and because he's having mobility issues. Also suing his doctor for what he perceives to be a botched surgery on his hand.




https://calgaryherald.com/pmn/news-p...box=1563994364
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #1006
Strange Brew
Franchise Player
 
Strange Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

^ Bret hurt his wrist in a match and the injury gradually worsened. Why would surgery to repair that be considered plastic surgery, which I ( maybe wrongfully) think of as cosmetic?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #1007
Inferno
Franchise Player
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Pas, MB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
^ Bret hurt his wrist in a match and the injury gradually worsened. Why would surgery to repair that be considered plastic surgery, which I ( maybe wrongfully) think of as cosmetic?
Cosmetic surgery is focused on enhancing appearance while plastic surgery is focused on repairing defects to reconstruct a normal function & appearance.

https://www.americanboardcosmeticsur...astic-surgery/
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #1008
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben
 
Maritime Q-Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: God's Country (aka Cape Breton Island)
Exp:
Default

There is a remote chance I might make it to Summerslam. Is anyone here going?

Also, for those that cared/liked my ring announcing, I'll post the link of one of tnhe heels going off an screaming at me. Fun fact, after the show he came up to me apologetic to see if I was ok with him screaming at me (FYI, of course I was and told him how to continue that in the future).
__________________
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #1009
Inferno
Franchise Player
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Pas, MB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
There is a remote chance I might make it to Summerslam. Is anyone here going?
I am. I'm going to all four events and the meet and greet on Saturday afternoon. I'm contemplating going to the Sunday morning one too since I'm going to the Jays game anyway that afternoon before SummerSlam and the Convention Centre is close.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 01:48 PM   #1010
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Jimmy Uso busted for DUI, this is the second time this year where there's been an incident with Jimmy.


https://lordsofpain.net/wwe-gives-st...os-dui-arrest/
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #1011
Scorch
First Line Centre
 
Scorch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jimmy Uso busted for DUI, this is the second time this year where there's been an incident with Jimmy.


https://lordsofpain.net/wwe-gives-st...os-dui-arrest/
John Cena literally called him out on his promo a few days ago on Raw

ďRespect for calling me out, but ainít no way Iím getting bested,Ē Cena rapped. ďYaíll look just like your mugshots! How was it getting arrested?Ē

This is just pure stupidity
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #1012
Inferno
Franchise Player
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Pas, MB
Exp:
Default

Him and Jey are suppose to be at the meet and greet session I'm going to. Maybe that won't be happening now. The guy needs some help.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #1013
rubecube
Franchise Player
 
rubecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jimmy Uso busted for DUI, this is the second time this year where there's been an incident with Jimmy.


https://lordsofpain.net/wwe-gives-st...os-dui-arrest/
Second time this year and at least the third time in general I believe.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #1014
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

yeah the feeling is that the second one he took a bullet for his wife and told the police he was driving and not her.


But yeah, I would think that the WWE is kind of going to have to come down on the USU's because this has happened with both brothers.


The problem is that Naomi and Jimmy are a big part of Total Divas, and are highly pushed partially because they are Samoan Royalty.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #1015
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

This is great to see after three years of absolute hell for her


https://twitter.com/user/status/1154538329544654848
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #1016
FireFly
Franchise Player
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Trish Stratus vs Charlotte at Summerslam. Should be mildly entertaining. I guess we'll see if Trish still has it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbl420 View Post
I can wash my penis without taking my pants off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #1017
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

I just can't get into Charlotte, for some reason I never have.



I was looking forward to the Bliss vs Trish matchup, and when you watch the Bliss 365 special, so was she before she was derailed by concussions.



Even with the take over of Heyman on Raw and Easy E on Smackdown, I've kind of stopped watching both shows, and I'm watching mainly NXT and 205 live.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:35 AM   #1018
Muta
Franchise Player
 
Muta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auckland, NZ
Exp:
Default

Me too... also NXT UK; there's some really good wrestling talent on that show and the show really does fly under the radar.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #1019
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!
 
Ozy_Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Exp:
Default

The most engaging part of WWE stuff right now (outside of NXT) is the Kanellis/Maverick feud, as it spans RAW / 205 Live . . . That is a fun new angle to take, as it gets people watching 205 Live to continue the drama.

Two weeks ago on 205 Live, Maverick and Kanellis had a great promo that was one of the best of the year. Worth a watch if you can find it.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #1020
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

yeah I count NXT and NXT UK together. Also WWE is running tryouts for NXT in Canada for the first time with a rumored new show NXT Canada.


I would love that because we would eventually get a show out here.



AS an add on I doubt they invite Teddy Hart to try out.


or Harry Smith who is leaving the wrestling world behind.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021