Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2021, 11:20 PM   #3241
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Completely agreed. Great bloody match, reckless, somewhat sloppy but it worked in the context, but then once Jericho came in, it slowed down and lost momentum (the ad breaks didn't help) I don't know why both companies go for these crash mat endings that are sold like death but look like crap.

And yeah Jericho took his blade out too early and had to hold it in his hand for a couple minutes in the arm bar. Camera of course picks it up clear as day.

That was on purpose, it wasn't just any arm bar, its was the Saskatoon arm bar, and he was trying to transition to the mossy credenza.


AEW really does need to improve its camera crews and production staff. If they were raiding WWE for anything it should be that. And grabbing their old theme writer.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #3242
rubecube
Franchise Player
 
rubecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
That was on purpose, it wasn't just any arm bar, its was the Saskatoon arm bar, and he was trying to transition to the mossy credenza.


AEW really does need to improve its camera crews and production staff. If they were raiding WWE for anything it should be that. And grabbing their old theme writer.
Yeah, or just have TK keep buying the rights to various music as he's done with Jurassic Express and Orange Cassidy.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #3243
rubecube
Franchise Player
 
rubecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

So apparently Blood and Guts was the #1 show on cable in the 18-49 demo. Hopefully the ending didn't scare too many of those viewers away going forward.

Last edited by rubecube; 05-07-2021 at 10:46 AM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #3244
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player
 
d_phaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
So apparently Blood and Guts was the #1 show on cable in the 18-49 demo. Hopefully the ending didn't scare too many of those viewers away going forward.
I hope they really grab this momentum and run into DoN

The next 3 dynamites need to really build to that. It should have a monster card, treat it like their wrestlemania

Dailys place is full capacity for it too, so its gonna sound great with I think 6000 people
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:25 PM   #3245
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player
 
d_phaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, or just have TK keep buying the rights to various music as he's done with Jurassic Express and Orange Cassidy.
Both are just phenomenal choices
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #3246
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!
 
Ozy_Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Both are just phenomenal choices
The Pixies is a good choice but Orange Cassidy used to have Jane by Jefferson Starship as his entrance theme on the indies and I can't seem to shake that out of my head.

I also miss him coming out with his championship belts in a backpack. That was sweet
Ozy_Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #3247
rubecube
Franchise Player
 
rubecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
I hope they really grab this momentum and run into DoN

The next 3 dynamites need to really build to that. It should have a monster card, treat it like their wrestlemania

Dailys place is full capacity for it too, so its gonna sound great with I think 6000 people
Revolution is their Wrestlemania, but I agree. The card hasn't had much build so far, but I'm hoping they pour everything into the next 3 weeks. Next week's Dynamite is a fairly loaded episode.

DoN card should look something like:

Omega vs. OC
Mox/Kingston vs. Bucks
Shida vs. Britt
Miro vs. Kip
Sammy vs. MJF
Christian vs. Brian Cage
Darby/Sting vs. Scorpio Sky/Ethan Page
Cody vs. Ogogo

Gotta think Hangman gets on there somehow, too, but he doesn't really have a storyline at the moment.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:31 PM   #3248
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Just an FYI the first dark side of the ring of season 3 dropped on Crave and documents Brian Pillman. Its a double edged watch, on one hand you marvel at the creation and execution of the Loose Cannon gimick. On the other hand that whole family was a tragedy that Pillman left in ruins.



But its a must watch.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:43 AM   #3249
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player
 
d_phaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Revolution is their Wrestlemania, but I agree. The card hasn't had much build so far, but I'm hoping they pour everything into the next 3 weeks. Next week's Dynamite is a fairly loaded episode.

DoN card should look something like:

Omega vs. OC
Mox/Kingston vs. Bucks
Shida vs. Britt
Miro vs. Kip
Sammy vs. MJF
Christian vs. Brian Cage
Darby/Sting vs. Scorpio Sky/Ethan Page
Cody vs. Ogogo

Gotta think Hangman gets on there somehow, too, but he doesn't really have a storyline at the moment.
Ya that looks like a great card

Has to be OC vs Kenny, PAC is the better match in future, but they've already done it once, and with the full crowd at daillys place, has to be OC

My guess with hangman is they always do some kind of battle royal or ladder for a future championship opportunity.
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:45 AM   #3250
The Familia
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: CALGARY!
Exp:
Default

Just watched the Brian Pillman DSOTR episode last night. Great watch, tragic outcome all around for his whole family. Any time I watch documentaries and get to re-live wrestling from the 90's I get taken on a nostalgia ride. Brian was so far ahead of the times. It's a shame he had his accident. i wonder how the whole loose cannon gimmick would have played out had he been fully healthy and able to run with it 100%. What a time to be a wrestling fan. Makes me miss WCW, ECW, and WWF even more.
__________________
Stanley Cup - 1989
Clarence Campbell Trophy - 1986, 1989, 2004
Presidents Trophy - 1988, 1989
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #3251
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Just watched the Brian Pillman DSOTR episode last night. Great watch, tragic outcome all around for his whole family. Any time I watch documentaries and get to re-live wrestling from the 90's I get taken on a nostalgia ride. Brian was so far ahead of the times. It's a shame he had his accident. i wonder how the whole loose cannon gimmick would have played out had he been fully healthy and able to run with it 100%. What a time to be a wrestling fan. Makes me miss WCW, ECW, and WWF even more.

I was really saddened by it, I remember watching Pillman here, he carried Bruce's tired old ridiculous looking ginnick. The matching of the Hollywood Blondes was really awesome to see.


Melanie really did come out looking like a cold hearted piece of work in this thing, and that's the saddest thing of all. The loose cannon gimmick was based on a book called the Big Con, I forget the author.



I don't know if it would work as well with the smart marks and internet today.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #3252
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

Right now I think that Raw is off of my watch list for a while. Its just a mess of a show.



And the big return in their go home show, Jindar Mahal returns.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:05 AM   #3253
LIP MAN
Scoring Winger
 
LIP MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Exp:
Default

Dynamite had some solid matches and build up. They’ve amped up the main events lately which has been great.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #3254
trackercowe
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Exp:
Default

I turned it off after the Bucks started selling Christianity... Sorry I couldn't keep going after that. Too bad since I like Miro and Darby.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #3255
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

OC got caught hard, a couple of times, he was out on the super kick to the face, the ref needs to do a better job of recognizing.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #3256
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player
 
d_phaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

'I'm sorry I love you' was peak ####housery heel work by the bucks
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 02:35 PM   #3257
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player
 
d_phaneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
OC got caught hard, a couple of times, he was out on the super kick to the face, the ref needs to do a better job of recognizing.
Ya, I saw some people saying it was the powerbomb, but he was out before that, the way his body folded wasn't someone at full capacity
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #3258
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

He was out on the kick, the powerbomb was stupid, and you could see his head and neck hitting the mat. That's on the referee, I know OC is good at selling, but that wasn't selling, his lights were out.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:24 PM   #3259
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player
 
Senator Clay Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maryland State House, Annapolis
Exp:
Default

May have been better wrestlers in ECW, but no one was more entertaining.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1393359745784840196
__________________
"Think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole damn machine? Sheeee......."
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:14 PM   #3260
rubecube
Franchise Player
 
rubecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
May have been better wrestlers in ECW, but no one was more entertaining.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1393359745784840196
Dude was kind of a massive piece of #### though.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021