Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The Atlantic Lindholm Trade Proposals - Pick All You Would Accept
Boston: 2025 1st, Poitras, Trent Frederic 118 46.09%
Colorado: 2024 1st, Calum Ritchie. Logan O'connor 147 57.42%
Dallas: 2024 1st, Mavrik Bourque, Sam Steel 112 43.75%
Vancouver: Nils Hoglander, Kuzmenko, 2024 1st 99 38.67%
Vegas: 2024 2nd, David Edstrom Brett Howden 25 9.77%
Winnipg: 2024 1st, Chaz Lucius, Mason Appleton 75 29.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2024, 01:57 PM   #61
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Yeah, that's a good one too. I wonder if Winnipeg would trade them, or Lucius for that matter.

1. Flames
2-30. Anybody
31. Edmonton
32. Vancouver

But I understand I'm probably in the minority for having that order.
I will always have a soft spot for Boston and Carolina at the 2-3 spots.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 01:57 PM   #62
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Let me restate that Bourque isn't a good enough prospect to overcome the lack of interest I have in Sam Steel as the pro player.

*sigh* I wish I didn't have to justify my opinion on every single prospect ever. People rank guys differently, and that's okay.
You have to look at these trades with an extra angle in terms of which guys are we acquiring now that we'll eventually just send to the Panthers.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 01:59 PM   #63
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
DO we really want someone with motivation issues?

We just waived one. Trading a prime trade chip for another doesn't seem like the right move.
You talking about Lambert? 20 year old Brad Lambert? Seems he's committed himself quite well since the draft. Almost a PPG in the AHL.

My reckoning is you wanylt some scoring skill at a position you need and happens to be a RHS. I think of all the prospects he's the most likely to hit the floor at the NHL level. Only one I'd take over Lambert is Callum Ritchie who has all the same attributes.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:03 PM   #64
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I pick the the Dallas one for the simple fact that good things seem to happen when we trade with them and grab one of their highly touted prospects.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:05 PM   #65
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Well, Hoglander is on the 4th line so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

But while his goals are nice and timely, it's not the goals that have Canucks fans reluctant to trade him. It's his age, his puck hounding hard forchecking style, and how cheap he will be for the next couple of years. As an Oiler fan, I know you have a hard time understanding that people will look at something that makes a hockey player good other than goal scoring but I can assure you that we do do this!

Love yoooooou.
Canucks were last in goals against last season.

Seems like Canucks fans don't know anything about defensive play, and continue to fall for shooting percentage anomalies.

Hoglander is so amazing he spent most of last season in the AHL. No one could recognize his amazing D play last year I guess.

Want to have a bet on Canucks fans opinions of Hoglander next season?

Assuming the Canucks still have a team after the fans burn the city to the ground following their playoff exit....
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 02:13 PM   #66
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If all proposals equal I would look:
1. Which team is worst - that their 1st will be a little higher.
2. Trade with LV or COL - as they become stronger against EDM this year, also we can steal their future a little bit when we become PO team.
3. Trade to a team that their return can be traded in the future for draft pick a prospect.
Like trade Lindholm 1st and a prospect and roster player, then trade the roster player next year for a draft.
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:13 PM   #67
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
No he didn't. Including he's an active member of our fantasy league
You don't need to attack every fan of every other team on this site.
Blaster has been here regardless of how the Canucks are doing. And he actually contributes to the discussions.
Has nothing to do with that.

He doesn't want to see the Canucks overpay (package in OP) so he's arguing no one will overpay because it suits his preferred outcome as a Canuck fans so he's playing the angle that fans here would be dumb to believe or attach any hope to the listed trades.

But there are trades like those in that list every year, so it isn't NOT a possibility. It always is. You can list a few every single deadline.

So he's playing wet blanket on the thread. But no matter how much he wants to spin the angle that suits his interests as a Canucks fan it has no bearing on how this plays out, and there are a lot of ways it can, including milking a return not dissimilar to these.

Rather than blindly playing white knight for your buddy maybe look deeper because you're clearly not getting it. Yes, we know what Blaster is and how he normally is which is a fine member here, but in this case he has vested interest and it's obvious. But it's detracting rather than adding to the discussion because he wont entertain a thread about a very positive outcome for the flames and that's what's being discussed.

It's frankly a conversation he's better left sitting out of because it isn't playing to the outcome he evidently is seeking.

It's not about prodding a guy out the door just cause he's not a flames fan.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:14 PM   #68
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chaz Lucious isn't available for trade seeing as his season ended and is having ankle surgery.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:14 PM   #69
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Canucks were last in goals against last season.
Correct, old whale team bad. Not sure the relevance there, but okay.
Quote:
Seems like Canucks fans don't know anything about defensive play, and continue to fall for shooting percentage anomalies.
Uhhh... yeah, sure okay?
Quote:
Hoglander is so amazing he spent most of last season in the AHL. No one could recognize his amazing D play last year I guess.
Two things. He was in the AHL last year as a specific choice by the organization. They realized he had been rushed into the NHL by the previous regime and would benefit from time playing at a level where he could see bigger minutes and work on the offensive skills he had as opposed to being forced into a grinding NHL role with inconsistent playing time. This is the same thing they have opted to do with Podkolzin this year. It is referred to as "development" in some circles. But also, I never said he was an amazing defensive forward?
Quote:
Want to have a bet on Canucks fans opinions of Hoglander next season?
Sure.
Quote:
Assuming the Canucks still have a team after the fans burn the city to the ground following their playoff exit....
Why would the Canucks lose their team if the city burnt down? Just move them to the LEC while we rebuild. Definitely have a contingency plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Has nothing to do with that.

He doesn't want to see the Canucks overpay (package in OP) so he's arguing no one will overpay because it suits his preferred outcome as a Canuck fans so he's playing the angle that fans here would be dumb to believe or attach any hope to the listed trades.
That's not what I argued at all? I am beginning to think that I had a misunderstanding about what you meant though. I've said every post in the title is something that is a fair deal. I thought you were saying that Flames fans should expect more. But I assume I've missed something in the other trade thread where people are now expecting less than a 1st, prospect and a player. Now that said, you are just straight lying to say I've been arguing that the Canucks would and should pay less than the above deals. I've said since I brought up the Canucks taking a long hard look at Lindholm a week or two ago that the deal would be a 1st, Podkolzin, Kuzmenko. I don't see it being Hoglander. Hell, I've said in this thread as much. I think you've been called out for being a dweeb and are trying to do some revisionist history off a misunderstanding to make it seem a lot worse than it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Rather than blindly playing white knight for your buddy maybe look deeper because you're clearly not getting it. Yes, we know what Blaster is and how he normally is which is a fine member here, but in this case he has vested interest and it's obvious. But it's detracting rather than adding to the discussion because he wont entertain a thread about a very positive outcome for the flames and that's what's being discussed.
The irony of this considering my only permanent infractions for purpose of a perman-ban are from Jiri is quite funny to me. But ofcourse that's not something you would know about since it all happened 13 years ago, which is why he's saying what he is saying. It's not that we're 'buddies' it's that he knows I'm not being contrarian to be a ####. I'm making fun of you to be a #### and ten years ago he would have already told me to knock it off.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 01-29-2024 at 02:23 PM.
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:19 PM   #70
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
You talking about Lambert? 20 year old Brad Lambert? Seems he's committed himself quite well since the draft. Almost a PPG in the AHL.

My reckoning is you wanylt some scoring skill at a position you need and happens to be a RHS. I think of all the prospects he's the most likely to hit the floor at the NHL level. Only one I'd take over Lambert is Callum Ritchie who has all the same attributes.
I thought I read someone here saying I think Jiri that he was invisible all game when he went to watch.

Nothing is perfect or guaranteed but these opportunities don't come along all that often when you have the #1 trade chip on the market, don't want to team to Feaster this up.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:22 PM   #71
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Two things. He was in the AHL last year as a specific choice by the organization. They realized he had been rushed into the NHL by the previous regime and would benefit from time playing at a level where he could see bigger minutes and work on the offensive skills he had as opposed to being forced into a grinding NHL role with inconsistent playing time. This is the same thing they have opted to do with Podkolzin this year. It is referred to as "development" in some circles. But also, I never said he was an amazing defensive forward?
He's just on a heater.

You think anyone will care about him if he has 6 goals and 6 assists at this point?

Well, 6 goals is what his career shooting % says he would have for goals in a normal year.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/pla...it=5v5&stype=2

$100 donation to CP next year. I'll pay if Hoglander's GF% at 5v5 stays above 55%, you pay if it drops below.

Surely you think his 64% is legit right? He will keep that up.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:25 PM   #72
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be cheering for the Canucks in that match up.

They can lay four straight 8-1 beatings in a waste of 8 days type of affair, and I won't lose any sleep over riot city.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:25 PM   #73
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that Vancouver offer is terrible, we don't want that trash.

Trading for a Swedish Mangiapane would be a disaster.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:26 PM   #74
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
He's just on a heater.

Correct, he is scoring more than you think he would on the chances he is getting. He has to work the rest of this year and the off-season to make sure it's not a fluke.

Quote:
You think anyone will care about him if he has 6 goals and 6 assists at this point?

Well, 6 goals is what his career shooting % says he would have for goals in a normal year.

And I'd be very happy with him at 6 goals this year, playing 9 - 12 minutes a night. That's what a 4th liner is supposed to do.

Quote:
$100 donation to CP next year. I'll pay if Hoglander's GF% at 5v5 stays above 55%, you pay if it drops below.

Surely you think his 64% is legit right? He will keep that up.
Is 64% legit? Probably not that high, but I do think his play style lends it self to playing his limited shifts in the offensive zone. I'll pay off the number at the end of the year. Not paying out on a slow start or a minor blip in the middle.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 01-29-2024 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #75
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd go:
1. Dallas: bourque is easily the best prospect out of the bunch imo. Also the least likely unfortunately.
2. Boston
3. Vancouver: I'd rather take Podkolzin over Hoglander
4. Vegas
5. Winnepeg: lucius injury history is major red flag. If it was lambert its a different story
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #76
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And I'd be very happy with him at 6 goals this year, playing 9 - 12 minutes a night.

I'll pay off the number at the end of the year. Not paying out on a slow start or a minor blip in the middle.
Someone write this down.

Blaster is paying $100 to CP at the end of 24/25 when Hoglander fails to go 55% GF at 5v5.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:30 PM   #77
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Yeah that Vancouver offer is terrible, we don't want that trash.

Trading for a Swedish Mangiapane would be a disaster.
We'll just not trade with them and be done with it.

No trading with Vancouver or Toronto unless they have you running outside to start your car with the offer. Pretty simple policy.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:30 PM   #78
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are you guys even arguing...let's all just agree:

Vancouver is riding an unsustainably hot PDO and it's why they are in 1st, but still a playoff team even without the hot PDO.

Oilers continue to be reliant on McDavid and Draisaitl. +13 with McDavid, +4 with Drai without McDavid, -2 without McDavid or Draisaitl. (And that's the case for the 16 game win streak too. +20 with 97 or 29, +3 with neither)

Can't we just agree that both of those things are true and move on with our lives. That or take your Oilers vs Canucks arguments to some other website that specializes in those two teams.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:30 PM   #79
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Someone write this down.
You literally just did?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Vancouver is riding an unsustainably hot PDO and it's why they are in 1st,
PDO ROCKET TO THE MOOOOON

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM   #80
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

O'Connor was raised in Calgary right?

Maybe he becomes our Alex Tuch comes here and breaks out for 30 goals.