Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2020, 10:36 PM   #121
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be very disappointed if we are trading Brodie for a lateral move like Barrie. I am of the opinion that you either trade him for picks, an upgrade, or do nothing at all.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:57 PM   #122
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I also think it doesn't seem overly logical that Brodie would want out of Calgary, while also adding Toronto to his no trade list.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:08 PM   #123
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
I also think it doesn't seem overly logical that Brodie would want out of Calgary, while also adding Toronto to his no trade list.
He wants as much say on if/when he goes as possible...summer being preferable to most players. It's also a tiny bit of leverage in negotiations (removing a likely trade partner may make team improve offer to stay, if they can't find another trade partner)
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:15 PM   #124
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there any truth to Brodie having Toronto on his NTC? I know it was Kadri that kiboshed the trade in the summer.. was Brodie able to alter his list afterwards?
jg13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:41 AM   #125
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Wtf? How can the Flames possibly be thinking this? The underrating of Brodie is absurd, he's basically the perfect fit with Giordano.
It’s just typical Toronto centre of the universe bias and myopia. They have no idea what is going on out here. They only know that Barrie doesn’t fit with the Leafs and assume Brodie doesn’t fit because he doesn’t put up points, even though he is probably the beat defensive defenseman on the Flames and complements our best overall defenseman the most.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:47 AM   #126
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe a 3 way makes the most sense?

Canucks get Barrie
Leafs get Brodie
Flames get Stecher and a prospect like Lind or Woo

I think that actually fits the need of each team.

Flames get a young cost controlled right shot defenseman for this and next season, Stecher isn’t as good as the other defensemen so you add a prospect. Flames get something for the now and for the future.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:53 AM   #127
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post

Canucks get Barrie
Leafs get Brodie
Flames get Stecher and a prospect like Lind or Woo

I think that actually fits the need of each team.

Flames get a young cost controlled right shot defenseman for this and next season, Stecher isn’t as good as the other defensemen so you add a prospect. Flames get something for the now and for the future.
Stecher is an RFA at the end of this season, he's currently making $2.3. He's definitely not good, and Canucks are looking to trade him cause they won't be able to afford what he'll receive in arbitration. Can't see it working out here either.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:56 AM   #128
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Calgary is better with Brodie who is far better than Barrie so this trade would make no sense unless we were getting back (high) picks.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:04 AM   #129
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
sureLoss, how does that work? Do players add/change teams on a whim, certain time each year, or done at the start of the contract?
I think the start of the the year players can change there list if they want to
Krynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:23 AM   #130
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd love to add Barrie, but not at the expense of Brodie
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:56 AM   #131
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I dont think Barrie torched us? MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar and Zadorov all were miles ahead of Barrie in terms of impact on that series.
His transition game was fantastic, he was great on the PP, he put up 5 points in the series (more points than Landeskog), including 3 in the final game. Barrie also played 25+ minutes per game, 4 minutes more than any other defenseman on the team.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 08:35 AM   #132
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Reading this thread makes me miss Dougie Hamilton.
ThisIsAnOutrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:45 AM   #133
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

If this deal happens it is a shuffling of the deck chairs where the Flames are moving one pending UFA they know won’t sign for another that might? Right shots coveted. I am not going to love or hate the deal. If there is a way to add Janko and Kapanen or Kerfoot I would be much more intrigued
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #134
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have very strong doubts that this trade rumour is accurate. Do i think they have had talks about swapping players...most likely. Do i think the flames would do it one for one.... not a chance.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #135
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
If this deal happens it is a shuffling of the deck chairs where the Flames are moving one pending UFA they know won’t sign for another that might? Right shots coveted. I am not going to love or hate the deal. If there is a way to add Janko and Kapanen or Kerfoot I would be much more intrigued
If it is Kapanen and Barrie for Brodie and Jankowski (and maybe a third round pick from us), then I would absolutely be fine with it. We lose if it’s a one for one kind of thing though.

Barrie better be playing with Gio because I can already imagine the constant TO’s with Hanifin and Barrie together.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #136
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
In my opinion, three-ways almost always make the most sense.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:00 AM   #137
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
I’d rather keep Brodie and not trade for Barrie. I think the flames should find a way to extend Brodie for 4 years. A cap hit similar to the rumored one for Muzzin will be ideal.

How would they do that?

Hypnosis?

Zero chance he would sign that without first checking his value as a UFA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #138
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
If it is Kapanen and Barrie for Brodie and Jankowski (and maybe a third round pick from us), then I would absolutely be fine with it. We lose if it’s a one for one kind of thing though.

Barrie better be playing with Gio because I can already imagine the constant TO’s with Hanifin and Barrie together.
I am wondering if the Flames back end is going to get blown up by end of day Monday. Hanifin’s name out there now I wonder if Valimaki is getting close and they move Hanifin for a forward.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #139
FlamesFanInEdmonton
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I am wondering if the Flames back end is going to get blown up by end of day Monday. Hanifin’s name out there now I wonder if Valimaki is getting close and they move Hanifin for a forward.
I sort of hope this is the case. D is supposed to be one of our strengths on this team and I don’t think it has been at all. It’s been quite the opposite. If our D doesn’t have the ability to shut things down defensively then they better be able to contribute a lot more offensively. That hasn’t been the case. I’m open to moving a few of them out. Hanifin, Brodie and Hamonic. Hell if we can get some great pieces for Gio...do it. I love Gio but in a few years he won’t have much value. I’d keep all our young guys on D though except Hanifin. That being said, we would obviously need to bring in some vets.

I’m not a fan of Brodie for Barrie 1 for 1 though.

Last edited by FlamesFanInEdmonton; 02-22-2020 at 05:36 PM.
FlamesFanInEdmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #140
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

I suspect Brodie for Barrie 1 for 1 is what the leafs offered...I'd take anything coming out of Toronto media with a grain of salt...