Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:
Default Avs - Ducks deal

The Avalanche and Ducks came to a quick deal this afternoon.

Going to the Ducks is captain Ryan Getzlaf along with 2.25 mill and the Avalanche get the 21st overall pick in this upcoming draft.

From an Avs perspective, it was a way for me to shed a good chunk of salary and now have 22nd and 21st overall. The plan is to use that as ammo to move up in this draft.

Another reason for the move is it seems like there are an absolute ton of sellers this off season. I wanted to possible get ahead of the selling and have to accept a lesser asset.

Thanks Ravi for the deal.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
I wanna be like Miikka
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I had spoken to several teams regarding expensive C. Given the market I wasn't quite willing to pay the high price for some as I know a lot of teams will be in a cap crunch. Pat came across with a fair deal, I send a mid 1st, get a bit of cap in the deal and add a top line C for the next year (and maybe more).

Now Pat has the space to keep the 2 C I really wanted on his team (Scheifele and Johansen).

We barely have any cap space left after taking on 7 mill in this deal. I would encourage rebuilding teams to be patient and sit tight with cap space. Looking around the league a lot of teams are right up against it or projected to be 20 mill over so this is definitely a market that favours buyers. Don't be super cheap but hold out for a good deal as there should be plenty to be had.
I wanna be like Miikka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I wanna be like Miikka For This Useful Post: