Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #41
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Fischer posted this to his twitter account:

That coaching thing is a load of crap. I've had people in hockey circles who have dealt with Clouston say hes the biggest ahole they've ever dealt with.

Should I also mention the list of players who publicly demanded or left the team is unusual high. There's also staff members. I also get Fischer can't throw Clouston under the bus as it'll ruin his career.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #42
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Say what you want about Clouston (I don't know him personally, but my wife met him and said he seemed nice enough) but his results since taking over the Tigers are fairly impressive in what is usually a very cyclical league. He certainly knows how to find, develop and cultivate junior aged talent successfully.

7 years, only missed the playoffs once an that was after losing a tie break game.
The other 6 years he has a well over .600% and has never bowed out in the 1st round.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #43
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fischer has been traded to Spokane.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #44
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hate to bump this but Fischer is a class act. He gave a $5000 donation to KidSport in Medicine Hat.

@CHATTVMichBach:
Quote:
.@ZacheryFischer9 giving back to the community that helped build his hockey career. Donating $5,000 to @kidsportmedhat through @ZforKids. https://t.co/raqvW07OZh
Quote:
For those who are unfamiliar with @ZforKids, it's a charitable organization created by Fischer. Says he's raised $21K through sponsorship.]

Quote:
“We chose to support to KidSport Medicine Hat & Redcliff with this donation to give back to a community that I have spent the past four years playing hockey in,” said Fischer in a statement. “As an athlete, I know firsthand the benefits that come along with participating in organized sports. Not only does playing sports improve physical fitness, but it also helps self-esteem and self-confidence and you make new and lifelong friends by playing on a team.”
Quote:
“KidSport is very grateful for this donation and we can assure Z for Kids that 100% of this donation will be used to help local kids,” said Connelly Sherwick, KidSport board chair, in a statement. “Since we are a volunteer-based chapter, no administration costs have to be covered by the donation, so we are able to ensure every dollar of the donation is used to provide funds to sporting organizations on behalf of qualified local kids. We congratulate Zach on establishing Z for Kids and for thinking of those less fortunate in our community.”

http://chatnewstoday.ca/article/5326...dsport-chapter

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #45
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zach was back in the Hat tonight as the Chiefs were in town. Tigers won 7-4, but Fischer did have a goal in the game. His goal tied the game 2-2 mid-way through the 2nd, and the crowd gave a big cheer when his name was announced. Definitely a fan favorite here.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: