Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #1061
Bootsy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/1...nes-at-ufc-207

Well she's back
Bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #1062
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think she will beat Nunes.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #1063
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think so either, plus I want Rousey to get KTFO again.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #1064
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Rousey will win, submission. Maybe she goes a little overboard too to prove a point and breaks Nunes arm.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to underGRADFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 01:47 PM   #1065
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.tsn.ca/st-pierre-announce...agent-1.586969

GSP a free agent. Really wish he'd stay away from the ring.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #1066
wontondestruction
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/st-pierre-announce...agent-1.586969

GSP a free agent. Really wish he'd stay away from the ring.
I was just thinking this weekend, that if Dana and the UFC don't think he'll fight again, then they should just release him. I'm glad he's free to sign with another organization. Maybe he can ask for a piece of the company he signs with.
wontondestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #1067
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Getting him into Bellator would be a major coup.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:03 PM   #1068
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't believe it's been 3 years already.

Where does the time go?
Old 10-17-2016, 10:29 PM   #1069
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

That would really suck for Rory

Would rather see GSP sign in the UFC than do that to him. Business is business though
Old 10-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #1070
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
That would really suck for Rory

Would rather see GSP sign in the UFC than do that to him. Business is business though
What sucks for Rory is he can't win the big fight. Doesn't matter where GSP goes.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #1071
JohnnyNipshank
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Not so fast..........

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.mmafig...?client=safari
Old 10-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #1072
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
What sucks for Rory is he can't win the big fight. Doesn't matter where GSP goes.
Rory spent a lot of time in the shadow of GSP and with Rory signing with bellator and before he even gets a chance to have the spotlight on him and have GSP also jumps over, it would indeed suck for him. Not GSP fault for sure, just the way things happen but Rory as well as GSP have been great teammates for each other. I would love to see Rory be rewarded and out of that shadows, him being in bellator gives him that chance and $$ and become a huge name for the UFC to one day bring back into the fold much in the same way as Robbie, where fighting elsewhere got him paid till eventually the UFC "bought" him back

Rory still has a future, as for winning the big fight, I though he did pretty damn good in that title fight. Broken noses happen, no knock to him

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 10-18-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #1073
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

GSP vacated the title when Rory was 24, he had his chance in his prime to take over the WW division the last three years and couldn't do it.

He was up against very tough competition for sure, but he just couldn't win the big fight.

It'll be interesting to see if Woodley can defend his title against Thompson. If he does he will have beaten both Thompson and Lawlor, which are the two guys Rory lost to in his big fights since GSP left, and Rory beat Woodley in between all those fights.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #1074
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone else think Alvarez is going to destroy McGregor? I feel like its a terrible match up for him stylistically. Strong guy, good wrestling, good boxer with a chin, good cardio. But most of all Alvarez is very mentally tough and has a real traditional fighters mentality. Im not really a big fan of Alvarez but he seems to be the perfect fighter to stop McGregor. Especially in a 5 round fight. If I was Alvarez I would just tire the heck out of Connor for the 1st 2 rounds. Go for the takedown, clinch, pin him against the cage etc. McGregor is incredible at the beginning of a fight when he is fresh but he gasses pretty quickly and that could really be exploited by a wrestler.

I can see a ground and pound TKO in the 4th for Alvarez.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crumpy-Gunt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #1075
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, Alvarez will walk through him. KO in the 2nd round.

More photos on Flickr
Old 10-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #1076
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Jones is looking innocent...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/2...-independently

Quote:
"We've been able to establish the source of the prohibited substances. It came from a product that Jon took that was not labelled with either of these substances. We had it tested, the product was contaminated with both of them. I know USADA also independently had the product tested; their testing confirms what we found. We then sent essentially the same pills that we had had tested to be tested by USADA's lab, which also found the same thing. So pretty much every time it's been tested, it's shown that the product is contaminated with both clomiphene and Letrozole, the two substances (Jones tested positive for)."

Jones' arbitration hearing is scheduled for October 31 where he is looking at a maximum one year suspension or as little as being let off with a warning. Earlier this year Jones posted on his Instagram account that he was "expecting to be back in the octagon really soon" and his attorney believes that the discovery of the tainted supplement will facilitate that.

"It should definitely lead to a significant reduction, that's our position. The way the anti-doping rules, at least with the UFC program, are written, they mirror the World Anti-Doping Code to some extent. There are some differences but essentially in a case like this you can't argue that you have no fault if you take a supplement or product that's contaminated but you can argue that you're not significantly at fault, which gives you the ability to argue for a reduced sanction. So the sanction range under the UFC rules would be between a warning at a minimum and of course the maximum is at a year."

More photos on Flickr
Old 10-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #1077
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpy-Gunt View Post
Anyone else think Alvarez is going to destroy McGregor? I feel like its a terrible match up for him stylistically. Strong guy, good wrestling, good boxer with a chin, good cardio. But most of all Alvarez is very mentally tough and has a real traditional fighters mentality. Im not really a big fan of Alvarez but he seems to be the perfect fighter to stop McGregor. Especially in a 5 round fight. If I was Alvarez I would just tire the heck out of Connor for the 1st 2 rounds. Go for the takedown, clinch, pin him against the cage etc. McGregor is incredible at the beginning of a fight when he is fresh but he gasses pretty quickly and that could really be exploited by a wrestler.

I can see a ground and pound TKO in the 4th for Alvarez.
Honestly this is a tough one to call. I disagree that Alvarez has a great chin, he gets rocked or dropped in nearly every fight. What he does have is great recovery. I guess it depends how you look at it, to me a great chin is someone that rarely gets rocked like Mark Hunt.

McGregor when he's fresh could definitely put Alvarez down but it will be hard to finish him. I imagine Alvarez is going to try and mix takedowns with striking and probably a lot of cage work. Very similar to the Pettis or Cerrone fights.

I'm leaning towards Alvarez a bit later in the fight by just grinding McGregor down and tiring him out with takedowns and cage work. But I won't be be shocked if Conor catches him early.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:41 AM   #1078
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ferguson looked amazing against the former champ, can't wait to see him face the winner of Conor and Eddie. (Eddie will retain his belt IMO)

More photos on Flickr
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #1079
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Old 11-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #1080
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Ferguson looked amazing against the former champ, can't wait to see him face the winner of Conor and Eddie. (Eddie will retain his belt IMO)
Yeah, Ferguson faced his biggest test and passed with flying colors. Such an amazing striker with great take down defense.