Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2023, 12:15 PM   #261
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

14 years ago for me. Restrictions? I don't remember being told any. I was doing yard work the next day. Very little discomfort.
Had it done by an older MD by Winston Churchill High School who had restricted his practice to vasectomies. No laser. Scalpel for me. I wasn't gonna mess around.
I had it done 6 months after our third was born.
My wife had gone through three pregnancies .... it was the least I could do.
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #262
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It's not as bad as you think and once it's done and you're healed its awesome not having to worry about anything.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to loob job For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 12:20 PM   #263
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Seeing this post pop reminded me to do the 3 month follow-up semen analysis. Got the procedure done back in February and totally forgot about it until now.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 01:18 PM   #264
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoman View Post
14 years ago for me. Restrictions? I don't remember being told any. I was doing yard work the next day. Very little discomfort.
Had it done by an older MD by Winston Churchill High School who had restricted his practice to vasectomies. No laser. Scalpel for me. I wasn't gonna mess around.
I had it done 6 months after our third was born.
My wife had gone through three pregnancies .... it was the least I could do.
AFAIK, there are no laser vasectomies. This wasn't scalpel either though, it was basically a small hole about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen made with a medical instrument. I have had zero discomfort so far, and my mild case of 'penguin walking' has largely been out of an abundance of caution so as not to mess up the healing process.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 02:44 PM   #265
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
AFAIK, there are no laser vasectomies. This wasn't scalpel either though, it was basically a small hole about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen made with a medical instrument. I have had zero discomfort so far, and my mild case of 'penguin walking' has largely been out of an abundance of caution so as not to mess up the healing process.
What do you call this then?

D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 02:51 PM   #266
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I wanted him to have full vision to make sure it was done right!! There was definitely a scalpel involved.
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 03:49 PM   #267
CrazyCaper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Currently two days after surgery. Very mild discomfort right now but have tried to take it easy. Lots of ice packs and taking Advil for the pain and swelling. My wife tells me it's looking closer to normal. I'll take her word on it...
CrazyCaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:05 PM   #268
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I found that it took FOREVER for the swelling to go away. The worst of it passed within 72 hours, but it didn't fully go back to normal as far as swelling for 2 weeks.

Am I alone in that regard?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:28 PM   #269
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I’ve said before that mine had some complications, so the swelling and bruising was pretty brutal. I’d say I was close to normal after a week, but even three weeks later I was having trouble sitting at my desk in the office because I wasn’t able to take breaks to sit with my feet at an incline every few hours.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:40 PM   #270
Knut

Exp:

I went to Dr Crouse @ Intra-med as well.

I have two funny Vasectomy stories.

1) While I was laying on the table with my junk out having the procedure done he told his nurse "If you need an Optometrist you can go see this guy right here". Lol. She never came in to see me.

2) When a different nurse called me to let me know that I was "officially sterile", after they tested my sample, I said "OK, Thank You.. Love you". Then there was an awkward silence for a few seconds and then *Click*. My brain was already thinking about telling my wife apparently.

As for the procedure itself. I worked the next day. I should have totally milked it more but it was easy and relatively painless.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 05:05 PM   #271
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The biggest problem that I think most guys have is that they don't listen and take it easy for a week after. Lucky for me I had heard these stories and despite feeling pretty normal the day after did take it pretty easy for a week. Wiring for the blower resistor motor on my truck went bad on the way home and had to drive without heat for a week until I could look at it when I figured it was safe to wriggle around in awkward positions.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:30 PM   #272
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCaper View Post
Currently two days after surgery. Very mild discomfort right now but have tried to take it easy. Lots of ice packs and taking Advil for the pain and swelling. My wife tells me it's looking closer to normal. I'll take her word on it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I found that it took FOREVER for the swelling to go away. The worst of it passed within 72 hours, but it didn't fully go back to normal as far as swelling for 2 weeks.

These are completely counter to my experience, I have had zero swelling and no pain. I've been icing it, taking the Tylenol when needed, and taking the Advil with each meal from days 2-4 (it's enough for five days, which will be tomorrow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
I went to Dr Crouse @ Intra-med as well.

I have two funny Vasectomy stories.

1) While I was laying on the table with my junk out having the procedure done he told his nurse "If you need an Optometrist you can go see this guy right here". Lol. She never came in to see me.

2) When a different nurse called me to let me know that I was "officially sterile", after they tested my sample, I said "OK, Thank You.. Love you". Then there was an awkward silence for a few seconds and then *Click*. My brain was already thinking about telling my wife apparently.

As for the procedure itself. I worked the next day. I should have totally milked it more but it was easy and relatively painless.
Frankly, if someone told me "Congrats, you can no longer get anybody pregnant!" I would probably tell them I loved them too out of sheer joy.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:17 PM   #273
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

I think it definitely varies. I had extreme swelling for at least a week and wasn't back to normal for a month.

I considered calling it off when I heard a South African accent from the guy investigating my balls say, "very vascular, this will be a very tricky one". In retrospect though it was worth it, even though my experience was much worse than average.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 08:18 PM   #274
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've heard a few guys say that even after getting the sterile call three months later, you should still do periodic tests to make sure. Is that true? I assumed the phase "you are sterile" was pretty permanent and I never needed to check again.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2023, 08:32 PM   #275
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
These are completely counter to my experience, I have had zero swelling and no pain. I've been icing it, taking the Tylenol when needed, and taking the Advil with each meal from days 2-4 (it's enough for five days, which will be tomorrow).

Frankly, if someone told me "Congrats, you can no longer get anybody pregnant!" I would probably tell them I loved them too out of sheer joy.
Pics or it didn’t happen. I’m a ballsologist and can say if something is wrong.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:34 PM   #276
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I think it definitely varies. I had extreme swelling for at least a week and wasn't back to normal for a month.

I considered calling it off when I heard a South African accent from the guy investigating my balls say, "very vascular, this will be a very tricky one". In retrospect though it was worth it, even though my experience was much worse than average.
That is the most subtle ‘I have a big dick’ humblebrags ever written.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 09:21 PM   #277
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
That is the most subtle ‘I have a big dick’ humblebrags ever written.
Lol. Sadly for me the only thing abnormally large in the situation was my balls, after they took their lead from the grinch and grew three sizes that day.

It's still one of the scariest things anyone has ever said to me.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:11 PM   #278
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

How do you end up with very vascular balls? Reverse squats?
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:11 PM   #279
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Lol. Sadly for me the only thing abnormally large in the situation was my balls, after they took their lead from the grinch and grew three sizes that day.

It's still one of the scariest things anyone has ever said to me.
Dude I just curled up into the fetal position reading that vascular comment… I came here because I need to book one for myself. Maybe in the fall…
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:19 PM   #280
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
How do you end up with very vascular balls? Reverse squats?
No idea - I think it's probably just genetic or something. My exercise regimen is more "light walking to pick up sushi" than "crossfit instructor and ninja warrior competitor".