Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #61
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nice game play by Christie to make enough deals to stay. But I really hope she goes this week, can't stand all the crying. Guessing there may be a double eviction coming soon since there hasn't been one in a while (all season?)
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:43 PM   #62
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bit of a slip by Nick to Nicole there. Sometimes people just try too hard to bluff.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 08-26-2019 at 04:47 PM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #63
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems that the house is divided into three groups. Nicole and Cliff vs Christine,Tommy and Jessica vs. Holly and Michie.

Jessica at this point is everyones final two floater deal and will get carried to the end. She is irrelevant except for her vote.

I can imagine that Holly and Michie will be target number 1. Tommy is almost a shoe in to win the whole thing unless Nicole and Cliff realize whats up.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #64
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Feed spoilers. Curious how they’ll edit this.

Spoiler!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #65
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Baffling that Jackson would waste an HoH to get Jessica out. Passing on three straight chances to get Christie or Tommy out is crazy. It's okay to break deals, especially this late in the game.

He and Holly are gonna be the perfect targets for an double eviction. Even Nicole and Cliff could decide this is the perfect time to put them up.

Having three pairs in the final 6 does make for an interesting endgame. Nicole winning this season would be nice, but she has to start winning comps. I would bet on Tommy at this point, doesn't seem like anyone will ever target him.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #66
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Getting Jess out would be nice from a viewer perspective though because she’s this seasons guaranteed final two for every houseguest and would be a guaranteed victory for whoever took her to finale night. She’s been beyond useless, especially if you read now feed watchers describe her gameplay, or lack thereof.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2019, 07:18 AM   #67
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Feed spoilers. Curious how they’ll edit this.

Spoiler!
Well if true I would say Jackson should stay far, far away from her. Sounds like a very, very shallow person.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #68
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Getting Jess out would be nice from a viewer perspective though because she’s this seasons guaranteed final two for every houseguest and would be a guaranteed victory for whoever took her to finale night. She’s been beyond useless, especially if you read now feed watchers describe her gameplay, or lack thereof.
That's simply not the way it's been working for years now as the jury no longer rewards players for gameplay as the best player hasn't won for some time now. All she would have to do with her speech is talk about how she never lied to anyone (she hasn't really worked directly with anyone so no bridges to burn) and voters upset that Jackson or Tommy (two players I could see getting to the final) cut them loose or went back on final deals will vote out of spite for Jessica. Still she may lose just because she's been one of the more useless players in some time but it would probably be a lot closer than you would expect.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:48 AM   #69
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

The last player of Jessica’s ilk to make the F3 was Victoria in BB16 and she didn’t have a chance in hell against Cody or Derrick.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #70
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

While its not the smartest play, Jackson targeting Jessica makes me happy.
Floaters better grab a life-vest!
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #71
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
While its not the smartest play, Jackson targeting Jessica makes me happy.
Floaters better grab a life-vest!
I agree but the longer they keep Christie around the better chance things blow up in their face as Christie will turn on anyone at any time and blow up their game. She's a smoking gun and I would want her out of the house this week as Jessica will be up for eviction pretty well every week going forward and the odds of her winning a competition are slim.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #72
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The last player of Jessica’s ilk to make the F3 was Victoria in BB16 and she didn’t have a chance in hell against Cody or Derrick.
Yeah, Jess and Victoria are in a different echelon of being useless compared to some of the recent winners so EE's statement of jury rewarding the useless players is incorrect.

Jess wouldn't stand a chance in a final two of this season.

BB20-Both Tyler and Kaycee played the game and won competitions. Coin flip as to who better player was. I'd listen to both arguments.

BB19-Josh beat Paul who played a better game, but it's not like Josh was on the same level of being out of the loop like Jess is. Josh was a follower of Paul, but at least was somewhat in the mix. Paul did lose based on a bitter jury(looking at you Cody, Mark, Elena).

BB18-Nicole beat Paul. Both played the game fine. Close vote.

BB17-Steve beat Liz. Steve played the better game and was a deserved winner. Liz had a couple strong relationships(including her sister), so was far from useless.

BB16-Derrick beat Cody. Better player won.

BB15-Andy beat GinaMarie. Better player won.

BB14-Ian beat Dan. Dan played the better game and many will point to bitter jury. Ian's game was worthy of being a winner, but probably not in this season.

BB13-Rachel beat Porsche, better player won.

BB12-Hayden beat Lane. Better player won.

BB11-Jordan beat Natalie. Natalie was despised and Jordan was extremely likable. Both weren't great game players.

BB10-Dan beat Memphis. Better player won.

Last edited by VANFLAMESFAN; 09-03-2019 at 03:28 PM.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:17 PM   #73
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Re-read my post! I said the best player hasn't won in recent history and said nothing about the jury rewarding useless players. How can I make an incorrect statement that you made for me? I even said in my post Jessica may still not win because she's been so useless.

BB20: Kaycee was a no-show for the first half of the game but did win comps at the end. However Tyler ran the house from day one. Totally ran the house unlike anyone since Derrick. Kaycee was a comp beast but I think Tyler deserved it. The jury members were bitter that they were manipulated by Tyler and decided to vote out of spite.
BB19: Josh was a complete idiot and Paul ran the house for a good portion of the season. Paul was the better player by far (hell BB brought him back because they knew he was a great player and felt he was robbed in BB18) but everyone was mad that he played the game and outsmarted them so they gave it to the guy that banged frying pans together.
BB18: Paul was the better player and probably deserved to win this wasn't robbery like 19 and 20.

So it's pretty clear that playing the best game does not guarantee winning now as the jury house has taken to voting for people that they feel were truthful with them which is kind of silly seeing it's Big Brother. Being a comp beast or being everyone's friend (like Tommy) and hitching yourself to competitors is probably the best way to go nowadays seeing that big moves and strategy have not been rewarded. Not sure guys like Will, Dan, Dick would fare as well with the voters today as there would be too much hurt feelings.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 09-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:02 AM   #74
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Re-read my post! I said the best player hasn't won in recent history and said nothing about the jury rewarding useless players. How can I make an incorrect statement that you made for me? I even said in my post Jessica may still not win because she's been so useless.

Yeah, I misread what you were trying to say. My bad.

I'll argue that Kaycee v Tyler was closer than you're making it out to be. She was a beast in the second half and aligner herself nicely to not be put in a position to get her hands too bloody.

Ultimately, there's no rule book for how to win Big Brother. So while I agree that Tyler and Paul(both times) should have won their seasons, their gameplay is only as good as what they convey to the jury and what they think the jury will do when it's time to vote. Think Jury Member X is going to be a bitter juror and will vote emotionally? You need to keep that in mind as you are involved in gameplay.

Is that a flaw in the game? Probably.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:04 AM   #75
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It does appear like it's more difficult now because you have to not only get to the final two but to navigate in a way as you say where you try to not upset the jury members when you have a hand in sending them out the door. In the earlier years it seems jury members accepted getting outplayed and outschemed and rewarded that type of play but now they seem to be taking it more personally.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #76
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

And that’s all great, but it doesn’t change the fact that no one has to worry about all that if they’re up next to Jess. Her chances of winning are exactly zero. Any of the remaining HGs remaining sitting next to her on finale night are guaranteed victory.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #77
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

IMO Christie is much more dangerous than Jessica and can easily snake her way out of any situation as she's shown the past few weeks. If I were Jackson I'd target Christie, Tommy or even Cliff before Jessica
Old 09-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #78
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And that’s all great, but it doesn’t change the fact that no one has to worry about all that if they’re up next to Jess. Her chances of winning are exactly zero. Any of the remaining HGs remaining sitting next to her on finale night are guaranteed victory.
Never say never. Nichol, Cliff, and Christie (has said she's her favorite person in the house) are close to her and so is Kathryn in the jury house. That's 3-4 possible votes if Jess actually wins a competition or two down the stretch and maybe makes a big move to get Jackson or Hollie out. I'm not going to say it would happen but I feel given by what we have seen of late with voters it's hard to say with certainty that it couldn't happen.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:11 PM   #79
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jessica and Cliff on the block - lame because it was predictable. Christie is one of the strongest players in the house. Holly and Jackson's relationship is painful to watch
Old 09-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #80
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like it's gonna be Jackson or Christie going tonight in the double eviction.

I was really critical of Nicole for voting Kat out, but fortunately for her she's so non-threatening it ended up not mattering at all. I like her the most but I don't know if she can win a jury vote in the end though.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote