Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-21-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
Guest1

Default Big Brother Canada Season 8

Has anyone been watching? I watched the most recent episode and was shocked/not shocked about 2 house guests being removed. When I saw the intro, I thought it was going to be Covid related. But then found out it was racist/aggressive. I thought it was funny/not funny that the winner from last year on the US version said some pretty racist stuff.
Wonder why they kicked them out but let Carol stay after hearing her "joke"? Was it because she apologized?
Curious to see the fight during the meeting.

Last edited by Puxlut; 03-24-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You can probably find it with a quick google search, as my wife found the clip for us. It didn't seem too crazy to me, but after a heated argument, Jamar pretty much said that Kyle would get 'popped' outside of the house.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has there ever been a good season of big brother Canada?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #4
Guest1

Crap. 4 weeks in and only one eviction and this week it looks like Carol might get voted out just because she can’t use her coping mechanisms? This is the worst season. I would be pissed if I was Sheldon.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #5
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

You should change the title to BB Canada, I keep thinking I missed the new American season
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:58 PM   #6
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

they've cancelled the season, with the emergency declaration in Ontario they cannot staff the show.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:50 AM   #7
Guest1

meh. I'm not upset about that. But if I was a player, I'd be pissed. Hopefully they got some Wendy's coupons and a free couch from the Brick.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #8
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And don't forget the Sketchers!
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:10 PM   #9
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was thinking about it, do they invite them all back next year and reset. But that's an obvious no, because it was just a terrible cast, and the season would have been a slow moving train wreck even without this.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #10
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

There were rumours of some members of the production team quitting prior to this cancellation

https://thelogic.co/news/crew-member...es-production/

Quote:
The reality television show “Big Brother Canada” has continued production despite prevalent worries on-set about the spread of COVID-19, The Logic has learned. Insight Productions, which produces the show, continues to film in a Toronto house even as several crew members have resigned rather than continuing to work in the face of a pandemic.

Many crew members quit on Sunday, according to the source. Others have remained, the source said, because they don’t want to lose their eligibility for employment insurance. (Employees who quit a job aren’t eligible for EI benefits unless they have “just cause” for doing so.) The situation left one crew member in tears—they don’t “want to be there,” the source said.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote