OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Spoiler!
I googled this and actually found a really good explanation:

Spoiler!

They probably should've explained this in the movie though, because I was wondering it as well.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #1282
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post

Spoiler!

They probably should've explained this in the movie though, because I was wondering it as well.

Spoiler!
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #1283
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post

Spoiler!

Yeah. That could definitely have been explained better. And i'm not even that pedantic of a movie-goer
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #1284
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Me and my 9 year old watched the first Iron man yesterday (she wasn’t even born when it came out) we have decided to watch the important movies again to build up to end game.

Iron man
Captain America 1
Avengers 1
Winter soldier
Gotg 1
Age of Ultron
Civil war
Dr strange
Ragnorok
Infinity war.

That list look ok?
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:40 AM   #1285
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Me and my 9 year old watched the first Iron man yesterday (she wasn’t even born when it came out) we have decided to watch the important movies again to build up to end game.

Iron man
Captain America 1
Avengers 1
Winter soldier
Gotg 1
Age of Ultron
Civil war
Dr strange
Ragnorok
Infinity war.

That list look ok?
Good list! If time permitting I would add in Ant-Man because it looks like he will play an important role in End Game and maybe Black Panther as well. And of course Captain Marvel in theatres.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 07:47 AM   #1286
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd maybe swap out Dr. Strange with Antman & the Wasp. Just because the ending ties into Endgame.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #1287
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doubt it's true but man o man this would be the greatest thing ever....

https://twitter.com/user/status/1108354955990175745
Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #1288
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Someone should tell that guy June and July are different months.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #1289
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

There's no way Nolan goes anywhere near DC again. He was the pinnacle of their success and it will never live up to that again.

Plus it was pretty obvious from the Batman trilogy he hate anything meta powered, and that's all GL is.

I'd personally like to see Abrams take a run at it, but it's obviously below him as well.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #1290
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post

Iron man
Captain America 1
Avengers 1
Winter soldier
Gotg 1
Age of Ultron
Civil war
Dr strange
Ragnorok
Infinity war.

That list look ok?
Looks pretty good, not a bad idea to sneak in Black Panther either. First because it is a great movie, second it gives a lot of background for the final scenes in Infinity War and third I still believe their tech/Wakanda has a big part to play in Endgame.

I almost think you could skip Ultron? I guess it gives you Origins for Scarlet Witch.. but I found it to be the weakest of the ensemble movies.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #1291
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Looks pretty good, not a bad idea to sneak in Black Panther either. First because it is a great movie, second it gives a lot of background for the final scenes in Infinity War and third I still believe their tech/Wakanda has a big part to play in Endgame.

I almost think you could skip Ultron? I guess it gives you Origins for Scarlet Witch.. but I found it to be the weakest of the ensemble movies.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I am trying to make it fun and light for my 9 year old as well. She wasn't a huge black panther fan. Ultron has the mind stone and Visions origin as well, plus it sets up civil war. Which was my reasoning. But it may be a skipped one.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #1292
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Nolan I think is a wild card. He can pick and choose what he wants.

But I think there may now be more of an appetite for a higher profile director to take on GL. In the post Snyder era, I think DC has taken a new direction. Has DC leadership changed?

With the success of WW, Aquaman and likely Shazam. There may be more of an understanding of what type of movie there is to be made. With rumored WB intervention on JL etc I doubt any high profile director would want to touch anything in the DCEU.

Now with Jenkins, Wan and Gunn stepping in, perhaps there is less interference.

I think there is a really good GL movie to be made, but imo, based on Nolan's body of work, I would be surprised if he took it on.
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #1293
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ultron is the weakest for sure, but that’s partially because it’s a set up for everything after. Infinity Stones, Vision/Scarlett Witch, Civil War tensions (woodchopping scene is one of the best in the series despite being crammed into the worst movie). I think it’s important to watch if you want the full experience.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #1294
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

I liked black panther but wouldn't say that movie added much to Infinity war, and think it will add less to end game based on the previews. Wakanada as a setting for infinity war was window dressing at best.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #1295
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is either going to be one of the greatest CBM of all time or end up like Venom (good not great). One thing is for certain this is my most anticipated CBM of 2019!

Spoiler!
Old 03-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #1296
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm torn.

He will likely do a really good job as the Joker...but part of the fun of the Joker is that he doesn't have an "origin" story. He's just a crazy person for the sake of being crazy.

Although I guess if it's just a live action version of "The Killing Joke" then that's probably fine.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #1297
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I'm torn.

He will likely do a really good job as the Joker...but part of the fun of the Joker is that he doesn't have an "origin" story. He's just a crazy person for the sake of being crazy.

Although I guess if it's just a live action version of "The Killing Joke" then that's probably fine.
I sure wished Heath Ledger told us how he got those scars on his face before he died.

Oh and Alan Moore never liked his story for the Killing Joke. haha
Old 03-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #1298
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm torn.

I'm also torn.

DC has proven themselves to be ham-fisted at best so far, so in my opinion they're taking a huge, huge risk here.

Make no mistake, they are mortgaging this film on some of the equity built up by Ledger's Joker, they're then going to have to take that and run with it.

Now, Phoenix is probably a good call, possibly even the best call to try and do this, but if it doesnt go well its going to tarnish both.

This seems like a fairly desperate 'Hail Mary' to me.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #1299
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I'm torn.

I think the best part of Ledger's Joker is the fan theories of his origins, I always hated the idea of a failed comedian gone insane. The Heath Joker had a sinister intelligence and inquisitive nature to him. He was pushing and prodding and always looking for some reaction or result.

One of the best theories that I ever read was that the Joker was a traumatized Gulf War Military intelligence officer. I loved that theory because it made sense, and the way he pushed buttons in the movie really drove me in that direction.

I also liked the theory that he was a psychiatrist or sociologist who had suffered a profound loss due to some inaction by either Batman or by Gotham as a whole and was seeking revenge and disguising it as a Master's Degree term paper research project.

But not having a explanation of how he got his scars, or how he became the joker was awesome and that blank space makes him seem like a hyper intelligent monster that just came into being and represented the malignancy of the world.

It was too bad that he died because I expect that at some point he would have been back in arkham acting as a threat and a foil for Batman.

The Suicide Squad joker turned out to be terrible, two dimensional and really not that interesting. Sadly I think that the scenes that they deleted from the movie involving his more brutal relationship with Harley really hurt the character. But he just wasn't that interesting no matter how many goofy tattoo's he was wearing.

I wish the Killing Joke movie would have been better. But the danger of giving a character like the Joker an origin story is you remove the intrigue and guessing.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #1300
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

And here I thought he had a Joker origin years ago, when he fell in a vat of chemicals...I liked that one. Can't they tell new stories with new characters? They sure hit the Joker well hard.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote