Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #61
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally caught the last episode -

Was nice seeing that it was Ashoka appear at the end, glad to see she survived Order 66 (Would she have even been on the list?)

Has it been renewed for more seasons?
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #62
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne008 View Post
Finally caught the last episode -

Was nice seeing that it was Ashoka appear at the end, glad to see she survived Order 66 (Would she have even been on the list?)

Has it been renewed for more seasons?
Yup

They have already done half of the episodes, sounds like its a longer season too.

There was a lot that I liked about that episode, especially the space battle, we finally saw what Blockade runners can do. The lightsaber fight was really well done as well and the characters got a lot deeper.

I loved the Inquisitors line, "There are worse things to fear then death" I think that had to do with the fear of the Emperor more the n Vader. Failure has its costs.

Ashoka's return was great but its already been confirmed that she won't have a bunk on the ghost, nor will Vader be a regular villain which is good because Vader is probably at the height of his power and the height of his rage and self loathing.

I really laughed at the conversation between the two Storm Troopers when the grafitti'd tie fighter landed

Stormtrooper 1 - "Hey that's not regulation"
Stormtrooper 2 - "I like it"

This season started like the Clone Wars series did, it was built around a younger audience, but as Clone Wars progressed it got darker and darker and we saw deaths and betrayals and a lot of morally dark themes.

Even with Disney, I can't help but think that this series will keep its light tone, especially with Tarkin and Vader involved. You could be light and make the Imperial Agent look like a bit of a blundering fool, but with Tarkin and Vader they represent the fist of the Emperor's new order, and with Tim Curry signed on to reprise his role as the Emperor, its dark times ahead.

We know by the time Emperor Strikes back that Luke is the last of the Jedi, the Eu books where Luke finds hundreds of Jedi are in an alternate or classic reality and not this one. So what does this mean for Ezra, Kanan and Ashoka?

I'm sure that Ashoka will eventually have that fateful confrontation with her old master, its got to happen, and it will be interested to see where it goes. Does Snipes rejoin her Master? I doubt it, and I also doubt that Vader at this point is just going to let her go.

Do Kanan and Ezra have to die? I think at some point Ezra lets his anger get the better of him and it leads to disaster, I don't see how Kanan can survive unless he takes Hera and they flee from the conflict.

At some point a hero is going to die, we saw it in Clone Wars, we'll see it here.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing a powerful Vader and more of the ruthless Tarkin.

I want to see how things that are relatively light get oppressed under the boot of the Empire.

I've always said that the animated Clone War series was better then the prequel trilogy, it explained the downfall of the Jedi, and it made it easier to understand Anakin's long path to darkness.

I hope this carries on that legacy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #63
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

As for Ashoka being on the list. When she walked away from the Jedi Order she would have been one of the lost Jedi, the order would have been keeping tabs on her. I wonder if Vader maybe hid her name from the Emperors agents in order to protect her as long as she didn't return to her Jedi ways.

I just have this scene vision in my head from next season at the start if Vader and Ashoka get into close proximity to each other if she realizes who's under the mask?

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #64
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Old 04-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #65
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really excited about season 2, it looks stellar and darker

Spoiler!

Old 06-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #66
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Watched "The Seige of Lothal" tonight with my son. Good solid start to the second season, but I found Vader to be weak with the light saber, though strong with the force and his piloting.

He does not seem as mean and filled with hate as he should be, though maybe that will come. Instead Vader seemed to be more of a general in a war than the lord of evil.

I think the Ashoka story-line will be awesome though.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:46 PM   #67
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed it. I thought maybe Kanan and Ezra didn't have a tough enough time with Vader as they should have.

But Vader taking our the fleet with a single TIE was kind of cool.

I really felt a main character needed to die for the stakes of Vader being involved to feel "real". But it's a kids show, so I'm not sure I see that happening.

When does season 2 start in earnest?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #68
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought they played him exactly right.

To me Vader isn't a rage monster, while he's driven by fear, anger and hatred, he was also very controlled in ANH. The secret of the Sith is that while they are driven by those emotions, they aren't at the core of their being, the core of their being is gaining knowledge through power.

As far as Vader in the duel with Ezra, and Kanan he was pretty much toying with the both of them, when he absent mindedly backhanded Ezra. When he grabbed Kanan's wrist and threw him across the platform, and when he easily deflected the blaster shots back at Sabine he was incredibly casual about it, like kicking a rat.

And remember he wanted them to escape.

I also like how ruthlessly he ordered the burning of Tarkintown.

Yes he dominated the Rebel Fleet and their best squadron.

Remember Kanan's training basically ended when he was still very young, he's untrained, Ashoka is the primary threat and tool to Vader, and you heard the menace when he mentioned Kenobi's name.

At this point, I fully believe that when he faces Ashoka, there will be no conflict, Vader is at the height of his power and fury here, he's still relatively young, and he still burns at the perceived betrayals all around him.

I'm sure that Ashoka will try to talk some sense into him and realize that there is no conflict in Vader right now.

If you go and watch the last season episodes that weren't released, when Anakin is talked to about Ashoka, he reacts to her leaving the Jedi Order with anger and disappointment. He doesn't love her like he loves his son. Given the choice, well he will give her the choice, she will refuse and probably die.

BTW I loved the flat "The Apprentice Lives" and the discussion with the Emperor where they both refer to Anakin as if he's another person.

The season starts in Sept, my PVR is set to record another episode this week with is labeled 203, so I wonder if they will introduce the new inquisitors. We've seen hints of a male and a female, I'm guessing the female is a name from the past

Spoiler!

and Dave Filoni has hinted several times that main characters have to die for the story to have impact.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:52 AM   #69
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always assumed Ashoka was going to perish at the hands of Vader. So thats where I see her arc end. Would be cool if she just took off again after a sweet duel with him though.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #70
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I've always assumed Ashoka was going to perish at the hands of Vader. So thats where I see her arc end. Would be cool if she just took off again after a sweet duel with him though.
I don't see how this series ends in any other way but tragedy if its allowed to go to its logical end.

In a new hope, there was a desperate rebellion that was on the losing side of things until the destruction of the Death Star.

The Jedi were all but wiped out except for Kenobi and Yoda.

In the clone wars series they really weren't afraid to bring tragic endings to characters, whether via killing them, or making them fall.

I have a feeling that

Spoiler!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #71
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
If you go and watch the last season episodes that weren't released,
ahh, my baiting worked. I wanted your opinion Cap, good write up as always!

Where can I find these episodes? I never knew they existed.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #72
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They had a few of the unfinished final season episodes on the Disney site for a while, I don't know if they were there. The final season was supposed to be a full season that featured a lot of closure items for main characters. Ashoka and her love interest from earlier. Ashoka and Anikan. Cad Bane etc. But they ended up going with the season 6 stuff

The order 66 storyline with the clone troopers (excellent)
The banking clan storyline (ok)
the weird Jar Jar Binks story line
And the Yoda quest which I didn't like much

There were 9 unfinished epsidoes

Bad Batch which was a four parter was aired once at a convention.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #73
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

CC: Your prediction on who the new inquisitor is:
NSFW!
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #74
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracher View Post
CC: Your prediction on who the new inquisitor is:
NSFW!
Spoiler!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #75
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:33 PM   #76
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[/spoiler]

Old 07-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #77
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spoiler!

[/spoiler]

Totally agree!

Now to go to Netflix and re watch that final Ashoka arc!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #78
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Second best arc in the series. The first best arc was really the Umbria story line.

The third best was at the start of season two when they had the clone series with training and then defending Kamino.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:32 PM   #79
smoothpops
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

when does season 2 start?
smoothpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #80
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think September, though the Siege of Lothal episode is considered I think to be espisodes 2.01 and 2.02.

But at least they debuted the new Star Wars Lego episode this week, which was kind of funny because they killed Jar Jar Binks off multiple times and basically removed him from the prequel trilogies.