Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #1721
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Argentina price is just unreal.

I was in Chile 5 years ago or so, great place. Argentina/Brazil are on my single life bucket list.
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #1722
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalberta View Post
That Argentina price is just unreal.

I was in Chile 5 years ago or so, great place. Argentina/Brazil are on my single life bucket list.
Any recommendations for Chile? Assuming my booking goes through, I might be heading there.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #1723
no_joke
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Not seeing the $530 fares to Santiago at the moment. There's Lollapalooza Chile in Abril.
no_joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #1724
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_joke View Post
Not seeing the $530 fares to Santiago at the moment. There's Lollapalooza Chile in Abril.
They went back to normal price this morning around 11AM or so.

Lollapalooza Chile, didn't know it existed!

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #1725
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Has anyone here ever been to Seoul , Korea (ICN)?

The reason I ask is a trip I am looking at taking stops over in Seoul on the way back. My plane would land at ICN at 6:15 AM.

Then I would depart for Seattle at 6:20 PM.

So I would have about 12 hours to kill.

Was hoping to find advice on if that is enough time to leave the airport to see something interesting.

And then was hoping for a suggestion of something interesting to see. I'm lazy so if it's really cool I have no problem taking a cab there, looking at something and eating a sandwich and then going back to the airport. But it would have to be cool. =)

Any advice would be appreciated.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:44 AM   #1726
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Hey CM

The family and I are planning a trip to Disneyland in August (early/mid August) and just wondering if there's a good time to look for deals (if any). Seems like prices have gone up lately. Would like something close to the park, and not crazy expensive.

Thanks.

KFF
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 AM   #1727
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Hey CM

The family and I are planning a trip to Disneyland in August (early/mid August) and just wondering if there's a good time to look for deals (if any). Seems like prices have gone up lately. Would like something close to the park, and not crazy expensive.

Thanks.

KFF
Can't answer too much about that but I remember reading Westjet is going to start flying to John Wayne International in or around Orange County in May (direct).

If the price is right that is a much nicer and quieter airport compared to LAX, and it would be very close to Disney Land (as opposed to 45 mins to an hour on the freeway from LA).

I believe car rentals are also cheaper out of that airport vs. LAX.

Might be worth looking in to.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Obvious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #1728
Lester
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hey Chris just a general question based on my experiences looking up flights. It seems that flights to Austin Texas are pretty damn cheap, especially compared to other Southern cities like Dallas... isn't that strange considering AA uses DFW as a hub?
Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #1729
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Hey Chris just a general question based on my experiences looking up flights. It seems that flights to Austin Texas are pretty damn cheap, especially compared to other Southern cities like Dallas... isn't that strange considering AA uses DFW as a hub?
Hi Lester,

Just wondering what sort of roundtrip after tax prices you're seeing for Austin, Texas when you consider them to be pretty damn cheap?

It's rare, but I have posted the occasional deal to Austin. They dropped to $337 roundtrip after tax on Delta once. But most of the time they hover at around $500-$600.

Dallas does seem to be a bit higher though, but a 'hub' city isn't necessarily the cheapest. In fact, I often find it to be quite the opposite.

Salt Lake City for example, is one of Delta's hubs, and is almost never on sale. Same goes for Chicago, a hub for American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #1730
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey cmyden looking to go to Europe and to leave here Apr. 30 and come back around May 9th, that return date can be flexible +/- 2 days.

Any deals or airline promos you see forth coming or see at the moment?

Doesn't quite matter where as long as I get there I get to where I want to be which is Spain.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #1731
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
Hey cmyden looking to go to Europe and to leave here Apr. 30 and come back around May 9th, that return date can be flexible +/- 2 days.

Any deals or airline promos you see forth coming or see at the moment?

Doesn't quite matter where as long as I get there I get to where I want to be which is Spain.
On February 8th I reported that Air Transat's March flights had dropped to $580 roundtrip after tax.

There's never any guarantee of anything when it comes to airfares, but I find that *if* Air Transat is going to significantly drop their fares to Europe, it's *usually* about a month before departure.

At the moment, their flights appear to be at $855 around your dates, ie: April 30 to May 7. Can keep an eye on airtransat.ca

YYC to London or Manchester on Air Transat has been about the only cheap way of getting to Europe and back from Alberta in a long time (with a few rare exceptions, like the occasional cheap flight to Frankfurt). The major carriers haven't budged.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #1732
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

WestJetPromo Code

Book your WestJet flight and save on select cities!

Save an extra 15% off new online bookings when you travel to June 26, 2011.
To redeem this offer, bookings must be made on westjet.com. Both the Promo code PCR63 and Coupon code JSMP4G1 are required at time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Bookings must be made by March 4, 2011 (9:59pm MST) and travel must occur before June 26, 2011. Offer is available on the following flights:
  • Abbotsford to/from Calgary
  • Abbotsford to/from Edmonton
  • Calgary to/from Vancouver
  • Calgary to/from Kamloops
  • Calgary to/from Kelowna
  • Calgary to/from Regina
  • Calgary to/from Saskatoon
  • Calgary to/from Winnipeg
  • Calgary to/from Abbotsford
  • Edmonton to/from Kamloops
  • Edmonton to/from Regina
  • Edmonton to/from Winnipeg
  • Edmonton to/from Kelowna
  • Edmonton to/from Saskatoon
  • Edmonton to/from Abbotsford
  • Kamloops to/from Calgary
  • Kamloops to/from Vancouver
  • Kamloops to/from Edmonton
  • Kelowna to/from Calgary
  • Kelowna to/from Edmonton
  • Prince George to/from Vancouver
  • Regina to/from Calgary
  • Regina to/from Edmonton
  • Saskatoon to/from Calgary
  • Saskatoon to/from Edmonton
  • Vancouver to/from Prince George
  • Vancouver to/from Kamloops
  • Vancouver to/from Calgary
  • Winnipeg to/from Calgary
  • Winnipeg to/from Edmonton
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #1733
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just to note, the Westjet code above is a match of Air Canada's released last night...

Quote:
Save 15% off Tango and Tango Plus fares. Book by March 4.

To get your exclusive discount, simply enter this promotion code when booking right here at aircanada.com:
Promotion code
NQBF2KZ1

* Book by March 4, 2011 midnight, from your city of departure.
* Travel from March 2 to June 26, 2011.
And Air Canada also has a DIFFERENT code out for 10% off anywhere they fly. No match from Westjet on that one as of yet.

Quote:
To get your exclusive discount, simply enter this promotion code when booking right here at aircanada.com:
Promotion code
QXJ9AJM1

* Book by March 4, 2011 midnight, from your city of departure.
* Travel by June 26, 2011.
* Valid on Air Canada operated flights (codeshare flights are excluded)

Old 03-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #1734
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

The reasoning hubs arent normally cheaper is that the airline most of the time has a near monopoly. No need to dilute the profit margin of you dont need to. Also remember dead heading in a Hub means the airline doesnt get any more revenue from you. Someone who connects through to South America is the desired passenger for AA because it fills seats that are already being flown anyway.
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #1735
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post

And Air Canada also has a DIFFERENT code out for 10% off anywhere they fly. No match from Westjet on that one as of yet.
Thanks!

Using that to book my Vegas return flight tonight (may long weekend). $360 after tax isn't bad I guess. Been over $400-$440 for the last week.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #1736
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Westjet has now matched this, 10% off anywhere they fly.

Quote:
Book your WestJet flight and save on our entire network!

Save an extra 10% off new online bookings when you travel to June 26, 2011.

To redeem this offer, bookings must be made on westjet.com. Both the Promo code PCR64 and Coupon code HS9MDGH are required at time of booking on the first page of the booking process. Bookings must be made by March 4, 2011 (9:59pm MST) and travel must occur before June 26, 2011. Offer is available on any WestJet scheduled flight.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #1737
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chris,

Can you check cheapest return flight to Vegas for June 23 - June 26, 2011?

Thanks
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #1738
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quick question to anyone that knows the pricing for the Economy Lot at YYC.

How much is the weekly rate?

Also, if my flight takes off Thursday afternoon and arrives back on early Friday morning (12:30am) the following week, will I have to pay for 8 nights? I assume this will be the case but just wanted to confirm. What is the daily rate if this is the case?

Thanks!
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #1739
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
Quick question to anyone that knows the pricing for the Economy Lot at YYC.

How much is the weekly rate?

Also, if my flight takes off Thursday afternoon and arrives back on early Friday morning (12:30am) the following week, will I have to pay for 8 nights? I assume this will be the case but just wanted to confirm. What is the daily rate if this is the case?

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure there's a weekly rate and it's pretty cheap, like 40 bucks or something. It's def cheaper than taking a cab to and from the airport.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #1740
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Never mind, I was able to find the rates on their website:

**$39.95 weekly rate is valid for economy lot. Weekly is defined as maximum charge for up to a seven-day stay. The daily rate is applied until weekly rate is reached. If you stay longer, the daily rate applies for each day after seven days.

Each additional day after one week is $9.95

http://www.calgaryairport.com/default.aspx?cid=300
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote