Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-11-2016, 03:06 PM   #1001
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was part of that mob in Chinatown last Friday evening going after the Dragonite. I had been out most of the evening and lost track of my resources so I didn't realize I only had like 10 balls. Imagine my shock when the Dragonite is right there in my sights along with the "you have no remaining balls" message. Seeing that silhouette at 149 in my Pokedex is maddening!
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #1002
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Aside from the riverbank, where are you guys finding Magikarp? Man that evolution is going to take forever. I checked the IV of my top Magikarp and it came out at 100% max, 87% low, so at least the wait should be worthwhile.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #1003
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
It'll run later in the battle if you take too long and its reached despawn time.
Well, yes. I guess this is true. But I meant within the de-spawn time. I believe it will run if you're too far away as well (ie: in a car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
I lost a ~300CP Pikachu after berries and about 10 great balls over the weekend.
De-spawn or traveling? Sorry to hear. I hope you find another one some time soon.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #1004
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never had an issue with travel distance and I've been a passenger in a car going 80ish when it popped up and I started the battle.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #1005
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

www.fastpokemap.com seems to be working ok
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #1006
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Never had an issue with travel distance and I've been a passenger in a car going 80ish when it popped up and I started the battle.
I found the pokemon ran if you had not captured it within about a minute. I've seen this for my passengers as well as when I was a passenger in a friend's vehicle.

This for speeds ranging between 50-100 kmph.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:41 PM   #1007
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
Aside from the riverbank, where are you guys finding Magikarp? Man that evolution is going to take forever. I checked the IV of my top Magikarp and it came out at 100% max, 87% low, so at least the wait should be worthwhile.
Mostly along the riverbank. My first Gyarados is 84-91% and I've got a Magikarp in the waiting that is 91-98%, with 243 candies saved up! Going for my second Gyarados! Haha.

Hit level 26 today. Have an 80-84% Dragonite with Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw. Just have no candy so he's sitting at CP1465!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #1008
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had a decent walk today. Caught a 10CP Abra (never seen it before) and hatched a 379 Cubone (another new one to me) from a 5km egg.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:25 PM   #1009
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
I would base it off of rarity. I only use Ultra Balls on:
1. A pokemon I dont have in my pokedex
2. Super rare: Dragonite, Lapras, Dratini, etc.

Other then that, I don't use them because you will use a lot of them on the super rare ones.
Ha yeah. You will use a lot on the big ones. 2 of the 3 we have bagged the last couple days are evolves, but didn't have yet. Blastoise, Gyarados and Lapras dropped my ultra ball collection from 60 to 6 in the last 2 days.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:35 PM   #1010
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Ha yeah. You will use a lot on the big ones. 2 of the 3 we have bagged the last couple days are evolves, but didn't have yet. Blastoise, Gyarados and Lapras dropped my ultra ball collection from 60 to 6 in the last 2 days.
wild Blastoise and Gyarados? damnnnn

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:58 AM   #1011
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
I caught my Magikarp at Riley Park and Research Park.

I didn't realize Dratini are rare. My daughter caught one as I was driving down Crowchild the other day. One regular ball and in and nothing more. Apparently the kid has some luck.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:59 AM   #1012
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I'm pretty bored with this game. Just a total lack of variety in the type of pokemon that are showing up for me.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:39 AM   #1013
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think I'm pretty bored with this game. Just a total lack of variety in the type of pokemon that are showing up for me.
It's definitely set up to have you move around new areas. I usually walk around Whitehorn, and can pretty much know what I'm going to see.

I was down in Kensington last night and turned the game on...3/4 of the stuff I saw were things I've only ever seen 1 of here or hatched.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #1014
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
wild Blastoise and Gyarados? damnnnn
Gyarados actually dropping from a raining Pokestop, believe it or not. Was tons of people around because prior to the big beast dropping, Eevee had been continually spawning from the lure.
Definitely beat Pidgey's and Ratatta
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #1015
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Has anyone else had issues setting lures? I went to multiple pokestops yesterday, and tried to use a lure, and each time saw the message "this item can't be used here".
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #1016
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Has anyone else had issues setting lures? I went to multiple pokestops yesterday, and tried to use a lure, and each time saw the message "this item can't be used here".
Is there already a lure on the pokestop? AFAIK, they can't be stacked.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #1017
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Gyarados actually dropping from a raining Pokestop, believe it or not. Was tons of people around because prior to the big beast dropping, Eevee had been continually spawning from the lure.
Definitely beat Pidgey's and Ratatta
I read somewhere that if a lure or incense are put up when there are no 'mons in the sighting area you get better chances of getting rare ones. Not sure if that is true. Mind you the one time this happened a Charizard showed up for me but was only like 400CP. Useless for gym purposes. You will get ones show up every 5 minutes though otherwise unless there are a lot in close proximity.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #1018
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
All of this is probably excellent if I am in a large park or rural area (except in rural area you'd only be tracking a Pidgey) but its not particularly valuable around the city.
In this case you can use a three point system where straight lines are available. Or just use your cell phone compass/map to triangulate
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #1019
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I read somewhere that if a lure or incense are put up when there are no 'mons in the sighting area you get better chances of getting rare ones. Not sure if that is true. Mind you the one time this happened a Charizard showed up for me but was only like 400CP. Useless for gym purposes. You will get ones show up every 5 minutes though otherwise unless there are a lot in close proximity.
Interesting, and makes sense. But this place is Pokémon central, for water types anyway, so always lots around. I had thought maybe the Gyarados dropped because Magikarp are so plentiful there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
You know you use it from the Pokestop screen (not items) and click the little cylinder on top of the spinny thing?
Old 08-12-2016, 01:15 PM   #1020
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had a Meowth and a Taurous show up in the backyard this morning. Meowth ran away, but we caught the Taurous finally.

I've used incense twice and found it pretty disappointing. Didn't seem to attract anymore Pokemon then I usually found just walking around and didn't get any rare/special ones with it.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote