Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #101
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Jeebus, this place is busy O.o

Going with the recommended Louisiana Cajun Chicken and a Pepperoni (in case I don't like it lol). Review in an hour!
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #102
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post

Going with the recommended Louisiana Cajun Chicken and a Pepperoni (in case I don't like it lol). Review in an hour!
Ya, it's a busy place, all the time. Lethbridge has a lot of chain Pizza places in town, but 2 Guys is by far the best, so they get a lot of business.... Also, Tops pizza, literally at the other end of the block offers a great pie as well. Every now and then I'll get the bacon and sausage. A thicker crust than 2 Guys offers, and little tangier sauce. 2 Guys is still my preference, but Tops doesn't disappoint...

well, that last sentence sounded very awkward.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wretched34 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #103
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I would have personally recommended the Roadhouse if you were going for chicken, but the Louisiana Cajun is a pretty solid choice.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #104
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Just had supper at Bensonhurst. We tried the New York classic and the Chicago original. They were both tasty, with nice sauce and chewy crust.

The Chicago wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. I don't know how authentic it was delicious enough to try again.

And there are leftovers for tomorrow.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #105
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
I am going to open up a pie shop that only caters towards men....the only restriction is that you not stare directly at a pizza that is not yours, lest you be harassing it......
I'll harass all the pizza I want. I may even assault it.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #106
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Ok, so final review of Two Guys in Lethbridge is... That's a mighty tasty pie. I preferred the Louisiana Chicken to the Pepperoni overall.

If I have one complaint, it's that there isn't enough cheese. I want a gooey mess of cheese, and there wasn't much of it here. Still tasted great, though.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #107
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched34 View Post
Ya, it's a busy place, all the time. Lethbridge has a lot of chain Pizza places in town, but 2 Guys is by far the best, so they get a lot of business.... Also, Tops pizza, literally at the other end of the block offers a great pie as well. Every now and then I'll get the bacon and sausage. A thicker crust than 2 Guys offers, and little tangier sauce. 2 Guys is still my preference, but Tops doesn't disappoint...

well, that last sentence sounded very awkward.
Yea Tops is pretty good, but the crust at two guys definitely puts it on another level. They also have far more variety.

Tomorrow is payday, and I am definitely ordering a Two Guys calzone. It's been far too long.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #108
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, so final review of Two Guys in Lethbridge is... That's a mighty tasty pie. I preferred the Louisiana Chicken to the Pepperoni overall.

If I have one complaint, it's that there isn't enough cheese. I want a gooey mess of cheese, and there wasn't much of it here. Still tasted great, though.
I've never ordered a pepperoni, but I agree, on the specialty pizza's like the Louisiana, the cheese is a little scarce. If I don't go specialty, it's one of the all-meats, and they have a lot more cheese. If you're still kicking around for lunch tomorrow, hit up Tops. Think that's what I'll do for dinner tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #109
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I'll try Tops for lunch tomorrow, and then we're having Little Caesars Deep Dish for my birthday dinner tomorrow night. All pizza, all the time. Go big or go home.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #110
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I'll try Tops for lunch tomorrow, and then we're having Little Caesars Deep Dish for my birthday dinner tomorrow night. All pizza, all the time. Go big or go home.
LOL. that is a lot of Pizza...

If I can make a recommendation, for something simple and tastey, the #24, Italian Sausage and Bacon.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #111
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steve, I am jealous of how much pizza you eat. Also the Slice in Lethbridge (a couple blocks away from Two Guys) is pretty tasty. I've only eaten there a few times, but their pizza is great (thin crust, but still delicious) and they also have excellent pasta and chicken wings.

Man, I really want pizza right now.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #112
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Donair pizza at Seniores in Beddington. Not for the faint of heart. They have slices if you want to try before buying a whole one.

I feel like I need a cigarette and a shower after eating one...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #113
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:
Default Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Steve, I am jealous of how much pizza you eat. Also the Slice in Lethbridge (a couple blocks away from Two Guys) is pretty tasty. I've only eaten there a few times, but their pizza is great (thin crust, but still delicious) and they also have excellent pasta and chicken wings.

Man, I really want pizza right now.

The best part is it's all free. Everything I eat while on the road is expensed on my company account. So like I said, go big or go home. . wife gets mad at me, can eat anywhere I want, cost isn't an issue... and I'm eating pizza all the time.

Goin to need a serious dose of vegetables on the weekend though, if I want to avoid an early heart attack, lol.

Last edited by StrykerSteve; 09-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #114
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

113 posts about pizza and not a single mention of Eddy's Nest?

That is just wrong.

Go see Eddy. Have a pie. You'll agree.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #115
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
113 posts about pizza and not a single mention of Eddy's Nest?

That is just wrong.

Go see Eddy. Have a pie. You'll agree.

Where's this at?
Old 09-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #116
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Never read this post anywhere so I thought I would add it.

Pizza is like sex! When its good its awesome, when it sucks? Hey #### its still good!

Just moved back to Calgary! What the best deep dish pizza you can buy. I mean loaded with meat, to a guy that can eat two large pizzas easily by himself normally to be challenged. I had Verns in Saskatoon. I got to a half pizza and was done. Amazing for me. Love it. Half a pizza a I said no mas!

Pizza delivered upside down, so the grease flows down. Man at this moment I think how unhealthy this sounds. So good though. #### kill me now, I was in heaven with my upside down pizza.
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #117
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had Vern's and it seems to be leaning too much toward quantity over quality. The pepperoni didn't taste quite right and the sauce tasted too much like ketchup. I do enjoy a sweeter pizza sauce but Vern's pushed it too far for me.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #118
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I can't explain it, but referring to pizza as 'pie' has always bothered me.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #119
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I can't explain it, but referring to pizza as 'pie' has always bothered me.
But, it is pie:

Pizza: noun
1. a flat, open-faced baked pie of Italian origin, consisting of a thin layer of bread dough topped with spiced tomato sauce and cheese, often garnished with anchovies, sausage slices, mushrooms, etc.

Pie: noun
1. a baked food having a filling of fruit, meat, pudding, etc., prepared in a pastry-lined pan or dish and often topped with a pastry crust

I prefer hearing it called Pie, than "Za" lol
Old 09-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #120
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

I'm eating Pizza right now. A Supreme from Ripe Tomato with extra Italian Sausage.

It's delicious.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote