Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #1621
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Twice I’ve gone back to find clubs, asked the groups behind if they were seen, and the group has said no. Once one of the groups who said no actually ended up turning my club in to the clubhouse “anonymously” - had likely decided it was theirs before I asked them about it - but had to think about it.

The second time it happened I asked a group of old guys if they had seen my wedge as they were one of only two groups who could’ve seen it. As they were all saying no, I spotted my club poking out of one of the bags. I walked around their cart in silence, grabbed my club with all of them watching, glared at the responsible guy for about 10 seconds and left. He was pretty lucky I didn’t swing the club at him I was so mad. Looking back what I really wish is that I would’ve helped myself to one of his clubs while grabbing my own and just sauntered off...

People suck sometimes.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #1622
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Closest I had was a single guy on the hole behind me just finishing. I Raced back after realizing I must have left my wedge near the green. I asked him as I came up and he looked pretty caught off and annoyed, said he saw nothing, but looked nervous as I went straight past him to the outside of the green.

Found my club with his walking cart sitting within five feet of it. He was likely waiting to see if anyone came back and then was going to make it his own.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #1623
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I remember losing a wedge on a Minnesota golf course some 7 years ago. While unpacking I noticed it was not in my bag when I had returned home from my trip. I phoned the course that next day and sure enough someone had turned it in. As a bonus they shipped it to me for free.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #1624
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Being a lefty I haven't really had to deal with someone taking a club. But my buddy seems to lose a club every round. I tell him he should put his club or clubs on the flag stick when we take it out instead just randomly off the side of the green somewhere.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #1625
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or on the path back to the cart or next hole.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #1626
sl888
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
The second time it happened I asked a group of old guys if they had seen my wedge as they were one of only two groups who could’ve seen it. As they were all saying no, I spotted my club poking out of one of the bags. I walked around their cart in silence, grabbed my club with all of them watching, glared at the responsible guy for about 10 seconds and left. He was pretty lucky I didn’t swing the club at him I was so mad. Looking back what I really wish is that I would’ve helped myself to one of his clubs while grabbing my own and just sauntered off...

People suck sometimes.
Undo the cart bag strap then watch him take off.
sl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #1627
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Back on Serenity this week. (Scored an 84) The greens compared from last week are almost night and day. They are so nice. The rest of the course is definitely making progress, this rain should really help. I just hope they over water the tee boxes. They are so hard that I feel I’ll need to bring a drill to create pilot holes for my tees...
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #1628
core_upt
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I tell him he should put his club or clubs on the flag stick when we take it out instead just randomly off the side of the green somewhere.
I've gotten into the habit of doing this. Wedge and flagstick together if I pull it. If I'm not the one who pulls it, I leave my wedge between the green and my cart.
I also take the head cover off my putter and put it on my wedge - helps me spot it in the grass, and reminds me when I'm walking off the green with a putter that no head cover = no wedge.
core_upt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #1629
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you book multiple tee times on a city course (shaganappi) outside their 4 day policy? If so anyone know how? Call in advance? Trying to line up 3 times on a Saturday for a group of friends.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #1630
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieboy View Post
Heading down to Kimberley this weekend for six rounds of golf.

Shadow Mountain
Kimberley x 2
Bootleg Gap x 2
Wildstone

Can't wait to get this season going!!
I just got back from

Riverside x2
Springs x2
Wildstone x2
St. Eugene x2
Shadow Mtn x1

great trip
too bad Trickle Creek still had snow on it and was still closed.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #1631
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Serenity this morning. Nice prairie track

No driving range yet. The turf in the rough is a bit lumpy. Hard to get a great lie in there. But course overall in very nice shape.

Had a bit of a rough front nine from 4-9, but recovered on the back.

Drove the 17th par 4 280 a bit into the wind, which felt really nice. Easy 2 putts for birdie feel pretty good.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #1632
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

River's Edge today.

Course is in early season condition. Greens have been punched earlier this week. A bit sandy and slow. Otherwise was an enjoyable round.

Pace was decent, a little over 4 hours, which was surprising considering we need off at noon.

Paid $57.50 to ride which included a $10 food voucher. Can't beat that price for a Saturday round.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #1633
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I just got back from

Riverside x2
Springs x2
Wildstone x2
St. Eugene x2
Shadow Mtn x1

great trip
too bad Trickle Creek still had snow on it and was still closed.

Did you have a favourite?
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #1634
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ArmBands View Post
Did you have a favourite?
I like them all, they are just different, but I guess for Wow factor it would be Shadow Mountain.

St Eugenes is also good as it had, mountain holes, and links holes, but it was probably the worst condition, fairways were kind of crappy.

Riverside was probably the mehest, but probably because I have played there before many times, years ago.

Radium Springs, is always enjoyable, cool views, nice course, but there again, I have played that before, so hard to stack against, the 3 I hadn't.

Wildstone, also was a great mountain course. Tip for Wildstone, if you play once and want to play again, ask the starter, as he has some deal for $30 for the second round.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #1635
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone play lynx ridge yet this year? Got a tee time there tomorrow morning.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #1636
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Anyone play lynx ridge yet this year? Got a tee time there tomorrow morning.
Not yet. Lynx usually winters ok.

I did get out to Speargrass yesterday and it's like winter didn't happen there. The greens are absolutely perfect. They were soft to walk on but perfectly smooth and very fast. Rough was a bit patchy in places, fairways were excellent and didn't get to enjoy any of the bunkers, so can't comment there.

No beverage cart or water on the course, might want to bring your own if you choose to partake in that.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #1637
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

is it just me, are are roaming beverage carts becoming about a rare as sight as an eagle (or a birdie, or a par, or a bogie) on my scorecard?
Old 05-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #1638
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
is it just me, are are roaming beverage carts becoming about a rare as sight as an eagle (or a birdie, or a par, or a bogie) on my scorecard?
I've played 5 rounds this year and only one (Serenity) didn't have one. But they have an app you make an order on and they bring you the order.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #1639
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I've played 5 rounds this year and only one (Serenity) didn't have one. But they have an app you make an order on and they bring you the order.
Serenity had a cart out on Saturday for the first time this year.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobblehead For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #1640
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Played this morning and the mosquitoes were out in full force. Thankfully I had some bug spray in my bag.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow