Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #341
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
And yet, Rasmus Andersson—who was drafted the same year as Kylington—has secured his spot in the top-four, and Valimaki—drafted two years after Kylington—has played every game of the season. So, the problem is clearly not that management and coaches are reluctant to give young players their opportunities.
You really like to dispute my posts. First of all, I'm not bothered about opportunities as Kylington has played in the NHL. It's about how long the leash is with making mistakes and it's not even just Kylington. Dube makes a mistake, gets planted on the bench for a whole period. I'm not trying to pick on Lucic but in the playoffs he took a dumb penalty against Dallas to start the comeback. He made several bad plays and yet was never benched. Johnny and Mony, plays die on their sticks numerous times even on the PP, they never miss a shift. Chucky on is knees watching us get scored on...etc etc.
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #342
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
You really like to dispute my posts. First of all, I'm not bothered about opportunities as Kylington has played in the NHL. It's about how long the leash is with making mistakes and it's not even just Kylington. Dube makes a mistake, gets planted on the bench for a whole period. I'm not trying to pick on Lucic but in the playoffs he took a dumb penalty against Dallas to start the comeback. He made several bad plays and yet was never benched. Johnny and Mony, plays die on their sticks numerous times even on the PP, they never miss a shift. Chucky on is knees watching us get scored on...etc etc.
I think it is a teaching tactic, which is why veterans don't get benched like rookies do. What on earth is Lucic going to learn by pulling him from the lineup?

The coach benches rookies and young players to send a message and promote good habits through an intolerance of bad ones. Veterans are benched when they are useless, and hurting the team on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #343
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I think it is a teaching tactic, which is why veterans don't get benched like rookies do. What on earth is Lucic going to learn by pulling him from the lineup?

The coach benches rookies and young players to send a message and promote good habits through an intolerance of bad ones. Veterans are benched when they are useless, and hurting the team on the ice.
I would say this holds true when it was Hartley. Gulutzan and Ward, not so much.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #344
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would rather a young guy play the whole game, make his mistakes, don't disrupt the lines, then scratch him for a game to watch from above.

I'm no coach, but that's just me.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #345
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would say this holds true when it was Hartley. Gulutzan and Ward, not so much.
What vets did Hartley bench for mistakes or other learning reasons (as opposed to famously benching the hungover 3)? You can’t count switching bottom line vets - that’s just roster choices. If that’s the case, Ward has benched Leivo, Simon, etc plenty.

This year Lucic hasn’t done anything to be benched over - making a mistake on a particular play isn’t why guys get benched. Continual mistakes, lack of effort, a need to see things from above - those are the usual reasons.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #346
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
I don't see how you can make such a qualified statement.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #347
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
So this all goes back to the main point. She's not from Calgary so there is no family ties to Calgary. As soon as he's UFA he's signing with his hometown NHL team in Sweden.
Thanks blond Yoko
Titan2 is offline   Reply With Quote