albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thrashers are going to be toast. We;re gonna take it out on them
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #662
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Deserving loss by the Flames. They were good 5 on 5, but pathetic on the PP and the PK. Kings 1 for 3 on the PP and their other goal came moments after another penalty expired, Flames nothing and no real pressure on the PP (other than one PP in the third period). Lose the special teams battle, and you'll probably lose the game.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #663
tussery
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
freakin ridiculous.. cant even gain the zone wth an extra man .... thats freaking horrible
Was that a surprise after watching them on the PP tonight.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #664
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Good thing I made myself a hot dog, fries, and coke instead of watching the end of that game!

Kings are going to be a great team when Ryan Smyth gets back.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #665
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What a terrible last minute of play
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #666
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan xMVPx View Post
wow Kings have the same amount of points as us???? Damn.
So do the Coyotes!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #667
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
Phaneuf is one of the best players out there right now. What you know about hockey, I could fit on the head of a pin.
He hates Phaneuf, and his comments come from pure bias.

Phaneuf getting the puck on net several times created the majority of our scoring chances in the 3rd.

He hit the post and generated many offensive chances.

Your comment hits the nail on the head.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #668
SixtySix
Scoring Winger

Exp:

shouldn't even need luck to beat the kings
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #669
IceMan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
So do the Coyotes!!!
I know its crazy.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #670
flamesrule_kipper34
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It is all good, this was def. one of those games where you do everything right but for the final on the scoreboard. Yes the PP cost them, but they were thwarted by posts and Quick being good AND lucky.

Look forward to them coming home...all I can say is, watch out Thrashers!!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #671
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cest la vie. Good effort tonight, could have been better on the PP, but I'm not unhappy with the road trip, we beat the sharks, and played consistent.

I'm looking forward to the beat down Atlanta is going to get, because I'm gonna be there to cheer them on. Happy with the effort, not the result.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #672
RockOnRoberts
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
Absolutely pathetic and disgusting display of effort in the final minutes.

Nothing more needs to be said, nobody gave a damn and they were content to head home with a loss in the last game.

Didn't deserve to win with that display at the end.
Are you out of your motherfataing mind? Did you sit at home like a butthole and watch the game waiting for the Flames to lose so that you could post this crap? The Flames were 100% better than the Kings and this should have been a 4-2 win for Calgary. Just because you view a loss as a means to justify an effortless game, that does not mean it is true. The Flames were better in every aspect of the game tonight. To say they did not deserve to win is ridiculous. You should be ashamed.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOnRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #673
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Quick might have bigger pads than Giguere....
Old 12-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #674
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOnRoberts View Post
Are you out of your mothering mind? Did you sit at home like an and watch the game waiting for the Flames to lose so that you could post this crap? The Flames were 100% better than the Kings and this should have been a 4-2 win for Calgary. Just because you view a loss as a means to justify an effortless game, that does not mean it is true. The Flames were better in every aspect of the game tonight. To say they did not deserve to win is ridiculous. You should be ashamed.
I totally agree. Some people need to go get laid or something. Lots of negative energy after a loss that wasn't deserved. They outshot, and outplayed LA all night.

Let the bipolarity of CP continue. Let the "i don't like" threads begin. Let Patrick and JeremyWilhelm post negative ridiculousness.

I liked the effort tonight, the result was unfortunate, take the positives and move on.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #675
RockOnRoberts
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
I totally agree. Some people need to go get laid or something. Lots of negative energy after a loss that wasn't deserved. They outshot, and outplayed LA all night.

Let the bipolarity of CP continue. Let the "i don't like" threads begin. Let Patrick and JeremyWilhelm post negative ridiculousness.

I liked the effort tonight, the result was unfortunate, take the positives and move on.
Thank you. This game and the Phoenix game were the same. That road trip could have easily ended 6-0, but I (for one) am happy with a 4-2 finish considering there were two shutouts, a win for McElhinney in huge comeback/never say die fashion, a victory over the Sharks in which we shut down the best line in the NHL, and 2 losses that could have very nearly been wins for the Flames.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #676
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOnRoberts View Post
Are you out of your motherfataing mind? Did you sit at home like a butthole and watch the game waiting for the Flames to lose so that you could post this crap? The Flames were 100% better than the Kings and this should have been a 4-2 win for Calgary. Just because you view a loss as a means to justify an effortless game, that does not mean it is true. The Flames were better in every aspect of the game tonight. To say they did not deserve to win is ridiculous. You should be ashamed.

While I was frustrated after that final 2 minutes of chasing the puck around in our own zone and the inability to gain the zone I am big enough to admit most of those comments were made in said frustration and obviously not completely true.

Despite your word which you seem to think is reality the Flames were not 100% better than the kings. Bad luck while being the reason they lost is not an excuse, do you think the players will say "ah well bad luck, we'll get them next time"? Nah I suspect they will work on the aspects that cost them, namely the display in the final few minutes and the PP's inability to score.

Also contrary to what you believe, I don't believe in "who deserves to win" as it doesn't matter. Life sucks in that regard so get use to it. It matters who did win not who should have won so no... I am not in the least bit ashamed. This "doesn't deserve to lose" crap doesn't mean anything outside of the fans minds. Do you still feel we deserved the cup in game 6 of the SCF in 04? Do you think it will make one lick of difference to anyone else? Gimme a break... Your opinion is YOUR OPINION, try not picking apart others for the way they think.

So I made some comments in frustration as many others do. Whats your excuse for name calling and being a jerk?
Closed Thread

Tags
calgary flames , la kings , wooo