Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #41
malcolmk14
Franchise Player
 
malcolmk14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Exp:
Default

This 8 game in 13 night stretch from Feb 2-14 will be a tough test for the Flames. Instead of looking at one single game in particular, I think if we can play solid hockey for the rest of this stretch, go at least 4-2-1 over the remaining 7 games, we'll have successfully weathered the February storm.

A good opportunity to separate ourselves further from the division at the end of the month, with 4/5 games against Van/Min(2)/Edm.

Given the Flames play over the past 2 1/2 months, I'm happy with an average 8-game stretch here before turning it on again for the latter half of the month. The teams they're playing are desperate at this time of the year, so getting through February with a .550 or .600 record is not the end of the world.

It's April and May that matter.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #42
questionmotives
Scoring Winger
 
questionmotives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Exp:
Default

GO FLAMES!!!

4 - 2 for the good guys in a gritty one.
questionmotives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #43
cKy
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
No, but seriously... is this thread about expecting the worst and not even hoping for the best? Thats some real fan support!!!

I hope they win, do I think they will win? Ya, I do! I think they will be real pissed with the effort they had last night knowing they could have walked away with the 2 points last night.

I would like to think we are different then other boards by being complete homers with no knowledge whatsoever.

Fact is we suck at back to back games. We didn't look very good last night either.

I don't think it's fair to say these predictions are us jumping the bandwagon. I think the fact that you say that makes you a homer. Maybe you should go play with your little friends over @ HF.com.

Do we hope the Flames win? Ofcourse we do
Would it suck to lose? Yes
Are we jumping the bandwagon by stating the probable odds? I don't think so.

I cheer when they score, I laugh when Lombo goes on a streaking breakaway and doesn't get a shot away, and I swear when Dion or Conroy don't cover a body infront of the net resulting in a goal.

Do I call that being a BandWagoner? No, I call it being Passionate.
cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #44
Huntsy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Exp:
Default

Flames win 4-2. Kipper wins game and AA has goal and assist. Iggy and Dion shut out again....
Huntsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #45
Jesse834
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Watching 7ungo Giving Up Goals A 5 Year Old Could Stop!
Exp:
Default

Don't have a good feeling about this win Stars win 4-3 in a SO.
Jesse834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #46
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre
 
Cactus Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Exp:
Default

Steve Ott is an ass
________
FREE BEST BUY GIFT CARDS

Last edited by Cactus Jack; 05-15-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #47
mykalberta
Franchise Player
 
mykalberta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Tough game. Will be lucky to get a shootout loss point.
__________________
MYK - Supports Arizona to democtratically pass laws for the state of Arizona
Rudy was the only hope in 08
2011 Election: Cons 40% - Nanos 38% Ekos 34%

Last edited by mykalberta; 02-03-2009 at 03:12 PM.
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #48
Art Vandelay
First Line Centre
 
Art Vandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cap Hell
Exp:
Default

Turco has a terrible game. Flames win 5-0
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
All I saw was Godzilla.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #49
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
I would like to think we are different then other boards by being complete homers with no knowledge whatsoever.

Fact is we suck at back to back games. We didn't look very good last night either.

I don't think it's fair to say these predictions are us jumping the bandwagon. I think the fact that you say that makes you a homer. (Maybe you should go play with your little friends over @ HF.com.)

Do we hope the Flames win? Ofcourse we do
Would it suck to lose? Yes
Are we jumping the bandwagon by stating the probable odds? I don't think so.

I cheer when they score, I laugh when Lombo goes on a streaking breakaway and doesn't get a shot away, and I swear when Dion or Conroy don't cover a body infront of the net resulting in a goal.

Do I call that being a BandWagoner? No, I call it being Passionate.

Except for the part in red I agree and thought this was a good post. The other bit was too much. He can have an opinion too.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
cKy
Old 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #50
IgiTang
Self-Retired
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Exp:
Default

[quote=cKy;1640936]I would like to think we are different then other boards by being complete homers with no knowledge whatsoever.

Fact is we suck at back to back games. We didn't look very good last night either.

I don't think it's fair to say these predictions are us jumping the bandwagon. I think the fact that you say that makes you a homer. Maybe you should go play with your little friends over @ HF.com.
quote]

Nice...

The Flames play what 7 back to backs from now until the end of the season... They need to turn around their recent lack of success in the 2nd game, thats obvious and known by all with half a clue about this team. But to just assume they will not be successful is stupid. Theres no reason they cant and wont turn it around.
Especially after last nights loss, I beleive that this team has alot of passion and heart and will come out very pissed that they didnt walk away with atleast a point last night. Then add in the Ott factor. I hope he pisses Jarome off, a angry Jarome is a unstoppable Jarome.

For fans to just write them and this game off is ignorant and bandwagonish, IMO. And for me to be vocal and go against the popular opinion in support of our team says alot more about my belief and care about this team than you. So whos the real homer?
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #51
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Flacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

[quote=IgiTang;1641061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
I would like to think we are different then other boards by being complete homers with no knowledge whatsoever.

Fact is we suck at back to back games. We didn't look very good last night either.

I don't think it's fair to say these predictions are us jumping the bandwagon. I think the fact that you say that makes you a homer. Maybe you should go play with your little friends over @ HF.com.
quote]

Nice...

The Flames play what 7 back to backs from now until the end of the season... They need to turn around their recent lack of success in the 2nd game, thats obvious and known by all with half a clue about this team. But to just assume they will not be successful is stupid. Theres no reason they cant and wont turn it around.
Especially after last nights loss, I beleive that this team has alot of passion and heart and will come out very pissed that they didnt walk away with atleast a point last night. Then add in the Ott factor. I hope he pisses Jarome off, a angry Jarome is a unstoppable Jarome.

For fans to just write them and this game off is ignorant and bandwagonish, IMO. And for me to be vocal and go against the popular opinion in support of our team says alot more about my belief and care about this team than you. So whos the real homer?
IgiTang
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #52
sec304
First Line Centre
 
sec304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Flames lose 8-1
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #53
Locke
Franchise Player
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

I dont know about this one, I was really convinced we'd win yesterday, but the Stars are always a tough team to beat.

I say the Flames take this one, 3-1. Time to get back to our winning ways.
__________________
The Beatings Shall Continue Until Morale Improves!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #54
wingmaker
Powerplay Quarterback
 
wingmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the RR diner
Exp:
Default

In support of IgiTang, Calgary has only lost two or more games in a row twice since the San Jose debacle. In comparison, they have avoided losing more than one game four times since that date. They are 4-1-1 after a loss following a win. While they may not have a good record in back to backs, there is just as much reason to think that they will be able to bounce back with a win.
__________________
Harry, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just... let it happen. Could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or... two cups of good, hot, black coffee.
wingmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #55
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Flacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmaker View Post
In support of IgiTang, Calgary has only lost two or more games in a row twice since the San Jose debacle. In comparison, they have avoided losing more than one game four times since that date. They are 4-1-1 after a loss following a win. While they may not have a good record in back to backs, there is just as much reason to think that they will be able to bounce back with a win.
A very valid point, it was more the slinging of Bandwagoners that was entirely inaccurate.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #56
Iginla12
Farm Team Player
 
Iginla12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: YYC
Exp:
Default

Let's just be realistic =)
I'll call a tightly contested 1-0 game in favour of Dallas.

As for the comment about Bandwagon jumpers; I'd say that jumpers would abandon the board in favour of another team's board.
Iginla12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #57
Redliner
Franchise Player
 
Redliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Conquering the world one 7-11 at a time
Exp:
icon54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla12 View Post
Let's just be realistic =)
I'll call a tightly contested 1-0 game in favour of Dallas.

As for the comment about Bandwagon jumpers; I'd say that jumpers would abandon the board in favour of another team's board.
That's it, I'm leaving CP and going to HF - and I'm not coming back until the Flames go 82-0 and Harvey the Hound is elected Prime Minister.
__________________
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #58
cKy
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

I guess if you define a homer as a person who has realistic view of what his team can do, then yes, I am a complete homer. The final score will be INFINITE to MINUS INFINITE ---- for your team of choice!
cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #59
Flamboyant 14
One of the Nine
 
Flamboyant 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here & There
Exp:
Default

I think the Flames will bring a Win tonight.
Flamboyant 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #60
howard_the_duck
First Line Centre
 
howard_the_duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

The team had a sloppy effort last night and lost 4-3. Even in the sloppy effort, the time of possession was staggering in the Flames favour.

I'm with IgiTang here. This is a different team than past years, yet it seems many fans are struggling to come to grips with that. Predicting losses is one thing, but the mood on this board has done a complete 180 the last 24 hrs just because of a poor effort.

Has Calgary struggled in Dallas in previous years? Yes. But if I recall correctly, the Flames have only played Dallas once this season, and that was quite early in the season. Dallas does not have a lot of talent up front anymore....not like previous years anyway. The Flames are a better team throughout their lineup and it'll show tonight. 3-1 Flames.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to howard_the_duck For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
flames , gdt , gtd , stars

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021