Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2022, 12:03 PM   #41
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbym72 View Post
I enjoy the forum when people talk about things that are not their insecurities about the Oilers having the best player in the world
this is getting old, find some new material

its also highly debatable

The writers and players said Matthews was the best player in the league this season and therefore the best center...sorry McDavid, better luck next year.

I suggest the fact that Matthews beat out McDavid for multiple awards is a major topic of discussion all around hockey forums today, not just for "insecure" Flames fans (or fake Flames fans) on CP

Last edited by dino7c; 06-22-2022 at 12:08 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #42
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
I am an Oilers fan?

Do you get an erection for that?
Pretty awkward given your username.

If you are, that's pretty sad. I don't think any other fanbase has more undercover agents spread out among other forums.

The collective micropenis a fanbase has to have to go such lengths.

Last edited by djsFlames; 06-22-2022 at 12:48 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #43
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
this is getting old, find some new material

its also highly debatable

The writers and players said Matthews was the best player in the league this season and therefore the best center...sorry McDavid, better luck next year.

I suggest the fact that Matthews beat out McDavid for multiple awards is a major topic of discussion all around hockey forums today, not just for "insecure" Flames fans (or fake Flames fans) on CP
Yes it is debatable. It is sports. Most things are debatable. I gave my opinion on it.

I also get annoyed with the "real" fan or "fake" fan thing. It is so petty and silly. Who is anyone to tell someone they are not a fan of a team?
colbym72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to colbym72 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #44
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Who is anyone to tell someone they are not a fan of a team?
Who is anyone to reduce every mention of our biggest rival's star player to "obsession and insecurity"?

It's fun to hate on and trash the anything to do with the Oilers. It makes the rivalry fun. Nobody asked for Dollarama Freud to come in and attempt to uncover any deep psychological truths about why.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #45
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I enjoy the forum when people talk about things that are not their insecurities about the Oilers having the best player in the world
When did the Oilers get Makar?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 01:19 PM   #46
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Living on your rivals forum to defend your decrepit team under a Flames username is way more pathetic than us contesting the validity of McDavid even being the best in the game on our own board. We discuss it because its a valid thing to question.

I wouldn't call that insecurity.
Old 06-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #47
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Who is anyone to reduce every mention of our biggest rival's star player to "obsession and insecurity"?

It's fun to hate on and trash the anything to do with the Oilers. It makes the rivalry fun. Nobody asked for Dollarama Freud to come in and attempt to uncover any deep psychological truths about why.
lol I will give you this, Dollarama Freud made me laugh out loud
The Following User Says Thank You to colbym72 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #48
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If you're tops in the world, I think you should have won something of note that isn't an individual trophy in your first 8 seasons.

The funny thing is if you say that's not true, then you'd by default be indirectly arguing that it's because the rest of the Oilers are just godawful and held him back.

The alternative is he just isn't the best and never was. Maybe only at one facet of the game (pure offensive skill), which I think is the case.

Makar just helped his team win the west in his 2nd full season. Looks like a world-class superstar to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 01:44 PM   #49
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whether the shoe fits in this case or not, it’s a fact that a lot of Oiler fans have come on here under the guise of being Flames fans. Usually with “I’m not afraid to acknowledge the greatness of the Oilers”.

Last edited by GioforPM; 06-22-2022 at 01:51 PM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #50
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

they don't even bother opening with "I hate the Oilers as much as anybody but..." anymore
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 01:53 PM   #51
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Whether the shoe fits in this case or not, it’s a fact that a lot of Oiler fans have come on here under the guise of being Flames fans. Usually with “I’m not afraid to acknowledge the greatness of the Oilers”.
Which is such a weird thing to do lol. Not sure why people should have to hide their fandom as long as people can be respectful (I know that is hypocritical coming from me who called people insecure).
Old 06-22-2022, 02:32 PM   #52
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
The only people outside of Oiler fans that say this of their own free will are people being literally paid to say it by Rogers and/or Katz/the Oilers under the table.

Don't confuse people with marching orders/monetary incentive hyping your team with people genuinely thinking it is so.

I've spoke with someone from an NHL family that said they would put others above McDavid. He's not even the players favourite when they're not being baited to say so by awkwardly framed McFelating interview questions.

Saying McDavid is the best is like the "please" and "thank you" manners of playing in the NHL. It's a formality you conform to to get by, but it doesn't mean it's remotely near what your real opinion is.

Last edited by djsFlames; 06-22-2022 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #53
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Full voting is up

https://www.thephwa.com/2022/06/22/p...wards-ballots/
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:14 PM   #54
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
weird seeing Gretzky as a voter.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:53 PM   #55
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
Yeah my argument is why not just have 3 forwards. McDavid is more of a MVP to the Oilers than Matthews to the Leafs IMO. But that’s arguable
Because it's meant to be the 6 best players at each position, not just F or D. The All-Star game is for spreading the love, not the 1st or 2nd all star team.

In a goal driven league, I'd take 60 goals in only 73 games over the season McDavid had any day of the week. If McDavid is so great that he is apparently supposed to be winning every single award, why hasn't he been able to win a cup or even carry his team to the finals anyway? Iginla managed to do it and so have a lot of other players that don't get half the recognition he gets

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 06-22-2022 at 03:59 PM.
Hot_Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:28 PM   #56
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NBA is probably going to change their all NBA format to be less focused on position. I wouldn’t argue with 3 forwards, 2 D and a goalie for the NHL.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #57
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Because it's meant to be the 6 best players at each position, not just F or D. The All-Star game is for spreading the love, not the 1st or 2nd all star team.

In a goal driven league, I'd take 60 goals in only 73 games over the season McDavid had any day of the week. If McDavid is so great that he is apparently supposed to be winning every single award, why hasn't he been able to win a cup or even carry his team to the finals anyway? Iginla managed to do it and so have a lot of other players that don't get half the recognition he gets
IMO this is why he won the Lindsay. Players value goal scorers. They recognize good passers, but also recognize that some assists are just luck.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:23 PM   #58
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes it is debatable. It is sports. Most things are debatable. I gave my opinion on it.

I also get annoyed with the "real" fan or "fake" fan thing. It is so petty and silly. Who is anyone to tell someone they are not a fan of a team?
I mean fake fans...like posters pretending to be Flames fans when actually Oiler fans

You realize posters have been caught red handed doing this right? Meh was busted switching between his Oiler fanboy and "Flames fan" account.

When a "Flames fan" does nothing but trash the Flames and pump the Oilers people get suspicious
Old 06-22-2022, 05:27 PM   #59
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's literally called an all-star team...a player for each position

Matthews was the best center this season

/
Old 06-22-2022, 05:47 PM   #60
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, not just this tweet - the whole thread: