Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2022, 10:43 AM   #2601
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
We have been flying almost exclusively with Westjet over the past few years so I haven't really paid much attention to other carriers in and out of Calgary so I'm curious to know when Air Canada stopped flying from YYC to LAS? I was looking up flights and the prices seemed pretty high so I started looking for other options and there is no direct alternative. What a shame.
That would have been on of the pandemic cuts that has not been reinstated yet. AC seems to have been slow to return some of the western routes, maybe due to staff shortages. Maybe it's coming back?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:04 AM   #2602
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
That would have been on of the pandemic cuts that has not been reinstated yet.
No, Air Canada flew YYC-LAS in the spring, the last flight was on April 29. The loads were terrible... we were surprised it lasted as long as it did. AC always comes crawling back to it but likely won't be back for a while.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:44 AM   #2603
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are masks mandatory in airports in Canada? I see no signage but a CATSA attendant told me to put one on today.

Also 3 out of 7 levels of P2 are closed. Ask me if I’m surprised.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:02 AM   #2604
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Are masks mandatory in airports in Canada? I see no signage but a CATSA attendant told me to put one on today.

Yes
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #2605
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

Yes, there were signs everywhere in Calgary, Toronto and Montreal last week.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:19 AM   #2606
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Just returned from a trip, and just wondering, did we have bad luck or are things ass-backwards for domestic WestJet flights? We checked in/dropped baggage in concourse A only to have to hoof it to concourse d for our flight. Figured it was a one off. But then returning, same thing where we arrived at D and had to pick up our baggage at A.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:15 AM   #2607
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
Just returned from a trip, and just wondering, did we have bad luck or are things ass-backwards for domestic WestJet flights? We checked in/dropped baggage in concourse A only to have to hoof it to concourse d for our flight. Figured it was a one off. But then returning, same thing where we arrived at D and had to pick up our baggage at A.
About 1.5 months ago I got the same treatment, but it was landing at C, bag at A. Then back to C for the lone taxi stand. It's so dumb.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:46 AM   #2608
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Anyone know what the deal is with reserving a screening time with security at YYC? Checked my mom in for a flight with WJ and was offered an opportunity to reserve a screening time. Never heard of that before. Anyone know how it works?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:12 AM   #2609
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Anyone know what the deal is with reserving a screening time with security at YYC? Checked my mom in for a flight with WJ and was offered an opportunity to reserve a screening time. Never heard of that before. Anyone know how it works?
Basically a separate line. When we went there was no line so it was moot, but I imagine it all depends on the number of people who sign up for it at the time
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:47 AM   #2610
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Basically a separate line. When we went there was no line so it was moot, but I imagine it all depends on the number of people who sign up for it at the time
And do they sort the line by time? Call names? What if the reserved line has huge queues? Would they pull people by appointment time I wonder?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:53 AM   #2611
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
In general, WestJet domestic flights, will leave from A concourse, but a few flights land/take off from D gates. Landing at D is a pain when you have luggage, because the baggage carousels are at A. If you land during the day, hurry over to the Link, before it gets crowded, and have it drop you at A.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:16 AM   #2612
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
About 1.5 months ago I got the same treatment, but it was landing at C, bag at A. Then back to C for the lone taxi stand. It's so dumb.

Is that the lone Taxi stand for the whole airport on arrivals level? I got in on Friday night (well technically Saturday morning) from International and thought I could just walk out the doors and grab a taxi. Had to walk way back to domestic to finally get one. Is there a spot in International arrivals that I missed? If not, who came up with that boneheaded approach?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 10:23 AM   #2613
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Is that the lone Taxi stand for the whole airport on arrivals level? I got in on Friday night (well technically Saturday morning) from International and thought I could just walk out the doors and grab a taxi. Had to walk way back to domestic to finally get one. Is there a spot in International arrivals that I missed? If not, who came up with that boneheaded approach?
I thought there was a taxi pickup zone at the far end of arrivals at the international terminal. Maybe that is gone now?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:07 PM   #2614
fliguy
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
That would have been on of the pandemic cuts that has not been reinstated yet. AC seems to have been slow to return some of the western routes, maybe due to staff shortages. Maybe it's coming back?

Back as of Sep 7 last I heard

Acey, how do you know about their passenger loads? I think it may depend on the day. I flew with them in the spring and it was a t least 90% full both ways.

Last edited by fliguy; 08-01-2022 at 05:23 PM.
fliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:16 PM   #2615
fliguy
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
The two interchanges, Barlow/Airport Trail and 19 St/Airport Trail are one project to be done by the fall. The 19 St interchange is only half built.

That interchange is garbage. In winter there is going to be a semi sliding down the hill on 19th trying to make the turn onto Aero Dr and then is going to slide right into a car waiting to turn north on 19th. It is an accident waiting to happen.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #2616
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliguy View Post
That interchange is garbage. In winter there is going to be a semi sliding down the hill on 19th trying to make the turn onto Aero Dr and then is going to slide right into a car waiting to turn north on 19th. It is an accident waiting to happen.
The u-turn on ramp at the other end seems more likely to cause what you’re suggesting.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #2617
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

The u-turn on the north side will be gone soon when the loop ramp opens, but the concern on the south side is valid. The gradients are pretty steep there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliguy View Post
Acey, how do you know about their passenger loads? I think it may depend on the day. I flew with them in the spring and it was a t least 90% full both ways.
Well they cut it from the schedule far earlier than it was originally scheduled for. It will be back this winter, however.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:41 AM   #2618
fliguy
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
The u-turn on the north side will be gone soon when the loop ramp opens, but the concern on the south side is valid. The gradients are pretty steep there.

Well they cut it from the schedule far earlier than it was originally scheduled for. It will be back this winter, however.

That could be because of many other reasons other than loads.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #2619
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neat YYC catch, Finnair A350 operating flights on behalf of Eurowings this summer, first flight was a few days ago.

Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2022, 12:08 PM   #2620
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

That ludicrous, everyone knows Finns cant fly!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go flames go , say no to yeg , tunnel of death , yyc