Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2022, 02:01 PM   #61
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Birkenstock are still the best. I fought it forever, swearing flip flops were good enough, but no, Birks are best.
It is true! I have sandals and have had many pairs, they have started making all kinds of shoes too! If you care about your feet, get these.

I recently bought a pair to use in my garden, they are so great. The insole is the cork foot bed that can be removed and washed and the clog part is fully close toed to keep the dirt out and is fully waterproof, which means I can wash them inside and out when dirty.

Highly recommend visiting their website, so many options.

Saying that, my next best option for sandals to kick around in, like that I won't wear out to the store is crocs, I love those things, they are my slippers and outdoor shoes for quick and easy footwear, but I do not wear them out.

Then would be flip flops from reef, they have an extra band, not just the one strap over the toes but one farther up the foot, only like an inch or so, but that extra strap is awesome. I can't wear those other flip flops people have mentioned because the part that goes between the toes is leather or thicker material, can't do it because I'll get blisters.

If I'll be on my feet a lot at one time, birks all the way.

My husband refused to get birks for years and was also complaining about his feet being sore, I just went out and got him a pair, he won't go back.

Last edited by foshizzle11; 06-09-2022 at 02:04 PM.
foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #62
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Teva sandals fit my feet real well and I'm on my second pair. They hold up well and are very good for being active in them. I've always got a model that has a buckle so I only use the velcro for adjusting the fit. On previous sandals, I always found the velcro gave out before the sandals.

When it comes to flip flops, I always had a difficult time finding ones where my heels would remain lined up with the back of the flip flops. I lucked into some at Nordstrom Rack that fit perfectly for me and align with my feet. They're called Reef.

I've never tried on Crocs but I'm also single and hope to get laid again sometime in the future so they're a no-go for me.
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #63
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those of you looking for super comfortable slippers, give Oofos a try. Soft but yet supportive, perfect for around the house especially if you’re a runner on a recovery day.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:10 PM   #64
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
For those of you looking for super comfortable slippers, give Oofos a try. Soft but yet supportive, perfect for around the house especially if you’re a runner on a recovery day.
Are they loud? I hate unnecessary sound and every slipper or house shoe I’ve tried is loud on our hard floors.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:18 PM   #65
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Are they loud? I hate unnecessary sound and every slipper or house shoe I’ve tried is loud on our hard floors.

Can’t speak for the toe thong type, but the slipper type I have it are soft soled and do not make any noise on our hard floors.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2022, 11:35 AM   #66
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Well it happened a few days ago. I blew through the toe webbing on my flip flop last week. I knew it was coming and yet it was still a sad day. They were with me for three years.

That said past surferguy was thinking of future surferguy when he purchased a couple of replacements early summer. The expected sadness that is coupled with the loss of a pair of flip flops quickly transitioned to the joy that is new flip flop day due to a prepared surferguy.

The lesson: Be like surferguy

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post: