Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-26-2022, 04:02 PM   #1741
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Well I’m not giving a whole pre roll to a stranger so I don’t know how it would be the same.
If it's one of those mini pre-rolls, I would probably give one out. That being said, I'm not usually in a lot of new spots with new people nowadays so the number of times that would happen would be low.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:39 PM   #1742
Guest1

Revolution Medical Is where I went for my script. It’s good for first time users that are figuring out dosing for their ailments. Once I figured it out, I just wound up buying from a dispensary… I don’t use enough to be able to write it off. And my employer removed medical marijuana from our benefits, so I can’t use those to pay for it anymore
Old 05-27-2022, 09:37 AM   #1743
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Am I the only one that can easily handle 2-3 ml of oil, but gets turbo high off (4) 5mg gummy edibles?

It's the weirdest thing. I can smoke/vape my brains out, but the minute I take a candy edible I'm absolutely ruined.
I think it's in the quality of Oil. I was having this problem and not using the oils because of it. Reigndrops THC and GoodSupply 30:1 have been consistent for a while now for me. Mixing in mouth (i.e. chewing with oil in mouth) with a fatty/sugary treat helps a huge amount in absorption.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:40 PM   #1744
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

For capsules, what would be the difference between only THC versus THC & CBD blend?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:15 PM   #1745
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some people find a better effect when mixing with balanced cbd. Typically reported as less anxiety inducing, or less stomach activating. Personally I don't find much of a difference (while awake, I become almost unwakeable with high cbd).
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:26 PM   #1746
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I’ve probably posted this several times but CBD made me irrationally irritable. It was actually quite intense.

I can’t help myself and always mention it. Because I hear it so often touted as ‘nothing to worry about’ because there isn’t a high. Even 50/50, 90/10 blends, ridiculously irritable. Just, take new things slow please.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 01:30 PM   #1747
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wife and I went to No Frills in Carrington (far north) yesterday. There is a new pot store up there. We stopped in as she was thinking about getting something for insomnia. What a cool store, didn’t end up buying anything (it’s not really my thing), but neat place.

Haven’t been in many pot shops.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:43 PM   #1748
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Little OT but, has the Cliff Fletcher account been wiped from CP? No trace of his posts anywhere. I remember when weed legalization was new, he was railing on about how it wouldn’t stop people from buying pot from back alley dealers.

Anyone still buying weed from a Terry?
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:41 PM   #1749
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Little OT but, has the Cliff Fletcher account been wiped from CP? No trace of his posts anywhere. I remember when weed legalization was new, he was railing on about how it wouldn’t stop people from buying pot from back alley dealers.

Cliff hasn't posted since the end of September 2022.

I've stopped using cannabis altogether. [shrug] Still have a big ass cannabis humidor with a bunch inside, but it has been some time since I partook... at least a year, I think. Aside from a couple hard-to-find strains that I had to seek out via MOMs, the vast majority of my cannabis is from dispensaries.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 03-03-2023 at 04:31 AM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 02:39 AM   #1750
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Can't speak for anyone else but, anecdotally, myself and everyone I personally know who uses weed exclusively goes to dispensaries.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2023, 05:03 AM   #1751
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Can't speak for anyone else but, anecdotally, myself and everyone I personally know who uses weed exclusively goes to dispensaries.
Really? In Victoria?

There's still a a lot of "under-the-table" delivery services that offer way better prices on higher quantities in Vancouver. Delivery within a few hours, order online, e-stransfer. It's pretty silly how easy it is (psychedelics too).

That said, if you're just getting a few grams or a couple joints, the price and quality isn't a ton different from he stores and I still frequent stores if I don't want to wait for delivery, or don't want to buy a 1/2 or full OZ.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:21 AM   #1752
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Really? In Victoria?

There's still a a lot of "under-the-table" delivery services that offer way better prices on higher quantities in Vancouver. Delivery within a few hours, order online, e-stransfer. It's pretty silly how easy it is (psychedelics too).

That said, if you're just getting a few grams or a couple joints, the price and quality isn't a ton different from he stores and I still frequent stores if I don't want to wait for delivery, or don't want to buy a 1/2 or full OZ.
In Nanaimo too. I order from an 'under the table' dispensary on-line that will deliver same day. They used to have a nice store front in the beginning but couldn't get a license and where forced to go gray market. I don't smoke anymore but it is way cheaper for edibles.

One product is $8 for 150g of gummies(10 x 15g). Another product is $26 for 400g(4 x 100g blocks) which are easy to cut into smaller portions. They are different highs so I usually get both.

They even deliver to work as sometimes it's more convenient. But ya, it wouldn't work if you just want a joint or two. l buy a couple of months worth and keep it in the freezer. Free delivery that way too.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:27 AM   #1753
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You always wonder when an active poster just stops posting. Hope all is well with him and he just decided to take a break or move on from the forum.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:20 AM   #1754
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah all my stuff is purchased legally from local stores. I am growing a plant right now and it's doing wicked (bought the seeds from a local store). I have a grow light that was, like, $30 and it has helped a lot. I will say the smell of just one plant can be quite strong. Stronger than I would have expected. It is fun to watch it grow and I can't wait to smoke it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:21 AM   #1755
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The grey market for me. Order online and much cheaper
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2023, 09:37 AM   #1756
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah all my stuff is purchased legally from local stores. I am growing a plant right now and it's doing wicked (bought the seeds from a local store). I have a grow light that was, like, $30 and it has helped a lot. I will say the smell of just one plant can be quite strong. Stronger than I would have expected. It is fun to watch it grow and I can't wait to smoke it.

Maybe its just me, but I love the absurdity of "I'm taking great pride in nourishing and helping this plant grow. I'm very proud of myself for the love and care I have for this living thing and the success I'm having. I can't wait to burn it with fire!"

I get exactly what you're saying but I had a chuckle at that.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2023, 09:39 AM   #1757
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
[/B]

Maybe its just me, but I love the absurdity of "I'm taking great pride in nourishing and helping this plant grow. I'm very proud of myself for the love and care I have for this living thing and the success I'm having. I can't wait to burn it with fire!"

I get exactly what you're saying but I had a chuckle at that.
Haha, yeah, it'll probably be bittersweet.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:01 AM   #1758
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My kids girl friend manages a dispensary in Port Moody so I just go there. Actually seems cheap enough and since I know nothing about any of this I just ask for recommendations and get what they suggest. Drinks, gummies, prerolls. There is just so much more available now.

I do have some Blue Segal something like that, that I use to help me sleep. Seems to be alright at that.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 10:15 AM   #1759
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Here's a dumb question. Is it legal to purchase seeds online? I'm interested in trying to grow, but don't know how legal it is to order seeds from the Netherlands, for instance. Or even supplier's in Canada. I've heard from people the they are "pretty sure" it's legal, but no amount of searching can find me anything concrete one way or another. Thoughts? Pointers?
Old 03-03-2023, 10:16 AM   #1760
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis's Hairpiece View Post
Here's a dumb question. Is it legal to purchase seeds online? I'm interested in trying to grow, but don't know how legal it is to order seeds from the Netherlands, for instance. Or even supplier's in Canada. I've heard from people the they are "pretty sure" it's legal, but no amount of searching can find me anything concrete one way or another. Thoughts? Pointers?
I don't do the mail order thing, so somebody else can help with that, but you can just walk into a store in Calgary and buy seeds in case you didn't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: