Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2015, 10:21 PM   #121
hmmhmmcamo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I liked it a lot...
I appreciate the feedback...thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
I should add that I am not aware of anyone who actually likes their S5. Try to talk your way into an S6 at least.
The other phone I was thinking about was an S5, mostly because of the water resistance, removable battery and expandable memory. They're also pretty cheap right now with the S6 out now. What don't they like about the S5? Is is the touchwiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
The one thing I don't like about the Phone is that it's just smudge city all over it. It's by far the best looking phone on the market when you clean it up, but the second you put your finger on it, big smudge.

And the back is glossy too. Gets scratched easy. I don't understand why they didn't go with the same material they used on the back of the tablet.
This probably won't be a problem for me because I will drop it within the first month of owning it so it will be all smashed to **** in no time.

The new phone will be an upgrade from a vintage iphone 3gs
So really any phone from this decade will be a major improvement.

Both the wife and I have separate work iphones so this really only acts as our personal line. I'm interested in trying out something other than an iphone for a while. I don't want it to be too big. Decent camera would be nice. I don't think I actually need all that much space. So maybe I should just get an S6 and be done with it? Someone please just tell me what to do and put me out of my 3gs misery
hmmhmmcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #122
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
I dropped my Z3 on a tile floor and smashed the screen a few months back. I called Sony and they said they could replace the screen for around $100. I sent it to Ontario and had a new phone in my hands four days later (I had to pay for shipping one way, which sucked). I have done some reading online and this seems to be quite normal for Canada, so maybe see how the replacement goes before jumping ship? I think they are doing the "under promise and over deliver" thing.

I should add that I am not aware of anyone who actually likes their S5. Try to talk your way into an S6 at least.
If it happens again, ask for a shipping label.... They escalate the case and you get a label for Purolator next day service about two days later.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #123
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmhmmcamo View Post
I appreciate the feedback...thank you.

The other phone I was thinking about was an S5, mostly because of the water resistance, removable battery and expandable memory. They're also pretty cheap right now with the S6 out now. What don't they like about the S5? Is is the touchwiz?

This probably won't be a problem for me because I will drop it within the first month of owning it so it will be all smashed to **** in no time.

The new phone will be an upgrade from a vintage iphone 3gs
So really any phone from this decade will be a major improvement.

Both the wife and I have separate work iphones so this really only acts as our personal line. I'm interested in trying out something other than an iphone for a while. I don't want it to be too big. Decent camera would be nice. I don't think I actually need all that much space. So maybe I should just get an S6 and be done with it? Someone please just tell me what to do and put me out of my 3gs misery
Once there is the slightest crack in the screen it stops working.....

Other than that I love the phone.

Last edited by FlamesKickAss; 06-30-2015 at 08:44 AM.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:23 PM   #124
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Holy cow. Only a couple of days with the Galaxy S5 and I'm missing the battery life of the Z3 (as expected). I'm at 53% right now and I've barely used it all day. The Sony would have been over 80% without a doubt. I may have made a terrible mistake.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #125
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

What did you expect coming from the best smartphone on the planet?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burninator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #126
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm

Last edited by RedMileDJ; 08-31-2015 at 12:43 AM.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #127
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMileDJ View Post
Should have gotten the S6. Newer technology.
True but if he's complaining about the S5's battery life, can't imagine what the reaction would be with an S6.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony , xperia